• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes GunPal is now "GPal"

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

Just got the announcement that the company formerly known as GunPal is now offically "GPal". I'm not digging the change. It smacks of political correctness. I'm sure money is involved too. Am I overreacting?

Maybe I need to start "AssaultandSniperWeaponPal"

Re: GunPal is now "GPal"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hiders,

Just got the announcement that the company formerly known as GunPal is now offically "GPal". I'm not digging the change. It smacks of political correctness. I'm sure money is involved too. Am I overreacting?

Maybe I need to start "AssaultandSniperWeaponPal" </div></div>

DO IT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EMAIL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In order to appeal to a broader market and offer superior products and services, we are reorganizing under GPal, Inc. </div></div>

Yep, meaning antigunners won't use us due to our name.

I guess it's a business decision, I don't blame them for wanting to grow their business and no doubt a more generic name will help that. As long as they continue to support gun sales then I guess I don't care what name they call themselves.

Well, I was going to use Gunpal, but I dont think I will use Gpal.

Why in the heck would you make such a name change?!

John

The name Gunpal slots them into a very small vertical market and limits growth. It's like if IBM had instead named themselves "International Typewriter Makers." Comes down to, do they want to position themselves as the tiny little bottom feeder living off the scraps paypal throws their way or do they want to compete with and ultimately take market share from paypal as an equal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EMAIL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In order to appeal to a broader market and offer superior products and services, we are reorganizing under GPal, Inc. </div></div>

Yep, meaning antigunners won't use us due to our name.

I guess it's a business decision, I don't blame them for wanting to grow their business and no doubt a more generic name will help that. As long as they continue to support gun sales then I guess I don't care what name they call themselves.

</div></div>

You go in business to make money and limiting your client base doesn't serve that purpose well. The bottom line is that they stay gun friendly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good point, Jason. My initial gut reaction was negative but I'm sure I'll get over it. The name is just, well....sappy. </div></div>

PCPal, or to be not pc, MacPal... but then only Irish would use it.

How about the FEAKING OBVIOUS, trademark declared now as mine <span style="font-size: 14pt">2aPal</span>?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The name Gunpal slots them into a very small vertical market and limits growth. It's like if IBM had instead named themselves "International Typewriter Makers."</div></div>
IBM was originally called the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company. International Business Machines Corporation didn't happen until a few decades later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My initial gut reaction was negative but I'm sure I'll get over it. The name is just, well....sappy. </div></div>
Agreed. They should have chosen something without "Pal" in the name to distance themselves from PayPal as much as possible. What started out as a sleight against an anti-gun payment system should have disappeared in the new name. "GPal" makes absolutely no sense to those who have no idea that the name used to be GunPal. Plus, it sounds dumb.

GheyPal is about how the new name comes off to me when I read it quick

That's gay, no other comment I can think of. The reason I used Gunpal was because of the gun part in the name showing they supported gun owners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan46n2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's gay, no other comment I can think of. The reason I used Gunpal was because of the gun part in the name showing they supported gun owners.</div></div>

You judge how much they support gun owners by if they have 'gun' in the name? How about if they actually process gun related transactions without confiscating your money? Doesn't that weigh into your reasoning at all?

I'm not saying it is the best name in the world, but then I never really gave them much odds of surviving at all. It is kinda sad that their demise is going to be their existing customers burning them at the stake for attempting to grab enough market share to be viable. What are you guys going to do? Go back to using paypal because at least they never changed their stupid name? Sheesh. Wash the sand out of your vagina's and get on with life.

And the reason I used GunPAL was (and still is
smile.gif
) because <span style="text-decoration: underline">they</span> supported gun owners. I couldn't care less what their <span style="text-decoration: underline">name</span> shows. E.g. there's no gun part in the name "Steyr" (or Mannlicher) - yet I adore their AUG rifle. Do you miss a gun part in the name "Smith & Wesson"?

I thought about this as well.

In the end, I will support them.

They are trying to fill a niche in the market that PayPal created by being PC pieces of feces, like most of the country.

Gpal cannot be supported by gun owners ONLY. They need outside support as well, if they are to continue in business, it seems.

If we want them to stay in business we have to support them, even though they made a PC move by changing their name.

It is a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation.

If they tell the PC world to F off, they wont be in business long most likely.

If we dont want to support GayPal, we need to support GPal.

That simple. Hopefully gun lovers are smart enough to get this and keep Gpal in business.

I was all in favor of Gunpal. I signed up as soon as they came about. I have done a couple small transactions with no issues. BUT I am currently waiting over 2 weeks for the funds to transfer from their account to mine. Yes two weeks, from April 30th until today. Still no sign of my money. Search "Beware of Gunpal" for more info.
By the way "Gaypal" has funded 4 such items for me since May 2nd with no issues. I'm not supporting "paypal" I'm supporting me and my family any way I can.

OTOH, something nice about antigunners not realising they are using a pro gun payment like many shooters don't realise about ebay/PP.

Name change might also be to move away from those other "issues" some time ago and that would be a valid reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as they continue to support gun sales then I guess I don't care what name they call themselves.</div></div>

Agreed.

I've been following the thread voicing concerns about the handling of funds. I honestly feel bad for those involved and their waiting for the money. Whether its floating the funds or a computer glitch, I can't say, but either way it puts a bitter taste in the mouths of those involved.

At the end of the day, 3% going to a 2A supporter is better than 3% going to someone who is dead set against it. That however does not translate into the allowance of poor business practices and handling of a customers funds. I hope it all works out for those people involved.

One would think that with the endless technology and immediate transmittal of data across continents in today's world that anything would be possible in an instant, and that two-week waits for funds would be a thing of the past.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan46n2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's gay, no other comment I can think of. The reason I used Gunpal was because of the gun part in the name showing they supported gun owners.</div></div>

You judge how much they support gun owners by if they have 'gun' in the name? How about if they actually process gun related transactions without confiscating your money? Doesn't that weigh into your reasoning at all?

I'm not saying it is the best name in the world, but then I never really gave them much odds of surviving at all. It is kinda sad that their demise is going to be their existing customers burning them at the stake for attempting to grab enough market share to be viable. What are you guys going to do? Go back to using paypal because at least they never changed their stupid name? Sheesh. Wash the sand out of your vagina's and get on with life.

</div></div>

Wow, so you think posting an opinion about a name change on here is a life stopping event? You take these forums way too seriously. There's no way I'm ever using paypal but the name change IMO was a weak move. If I would have heard of GPal before they changed from GunPal I probably would not have used them because the name doesn't imply anything. If they wanted a bigger market share they could have done many other things besides a name change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan46n2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan46n2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's gay, no other comment I can think of. The reason I used Gunpal was because of the gun part in the name showing they supported gun owners.</div></div>

</div></div>

Wow, so you think posting an opinion about a name change on here is a life stopping event? You take these forums way too seriously. There's no way I'm ever using paypal but the name change IMO was a weak move. If I would have heard of GPal before they changed from GunPal I probably would not have used them because the name doesn't imply anything. If they wanted a bigger market share they could have done many other things besides a name change.</div></div>

I'm sorry, my response was ambiguous. I meant for it to be directed at the attitude in general regarding "well, that's stupid I'm not using them now" and not solely at your comment, which I quoted as an example and for context. I see now that by doing so you might have interpreted that I was speaking directly to you.

Sad. Should have stuck with gunpal, makes more sense with the market they seem to be after.

GPal sounds like a gay dating website. They should have picked a name that doesn't sound like a Google product or something related to PayPal.

Bad choice on the name.

FreedomPay would be better, though too many letters for some.

Lose the Pal. Possible "brand dilution" of PayPal, but if there are enough other competitors it might be how i-[anything else, like "iSchool"] doesn't seem to bother Apple.

Pay is what it does. EZPay. e-MailPay. iPay (that might be the best, despite arguably ripping off Apple but "I" choose to pay with iPay is a great tagline. ePay...nope, too close to eBay, but eBay should have done THAT when they bought PayPal, the turds.

I vote for EZPay, even if they have to pay off its current owner [assuming a reasonable price].

My girl said she would use it every day if they called it "G spotPal"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've been following the thread voicing concerns about the handling of funds. I honestly feel bad for those involved and their waiting for the money. Whether its floating the funds or a computer glitch, I can't say, but either way it puts a bitter taste in the mouths of those involved.

At the end of the day, 3% going to a 2A supporter is better than 3% going to someone who is dead set against it. <span style="font-weight: bold">That however does not translate into the allowance of poor business practices and <span style="color: #FF0000">mis</span>handling of a customers funds. </span> I hope it all works out for those people involved.

</div></div>

Agreed.
Simple easy online payment for gun related transactions is definately something needed.

"GPal is an alternative to PayPal™, Google Checkout™, Amazon Payments™ and OfferPal™ that does not discriminate based on the nature of your transaction, requiring only that the merchandise or services you purchase be legal."

I can understand the reaction to the name change, however their policy to not discriminate against guns has not changed. In fact since history often repeats itself, it would not surprise me if GPal and OfferPal were forced into another name change in the not too distant futures. (Courts found and held that AUTO SHACK was too similar to RADIO SHACK)