• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Guns and coffee

This week picked up a North American Arms Black Widow .22 mag WMR and yesterday with a few cups of coffee fabricated a mount for a Sig Romeo Zero. Then to the range for brief short range zero trial. Have a OD green kydex pancake holster and a custom Desert Gun Leather holster in bound for Monday morning mail.
IMG_8017NAA Black Widow & S&W .44 Mag  Guns &and Coffee 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_8009NAA Black Widow & Standard .22LR pistol with Dollar Bill 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_8011NAA Black Widow & Standard .22LR pistol with Dollar Bill 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_8004NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - First Range Session 01.30.21 c...jpg
IMG_8014NAA Black Widow & S&W .44 Mag  Guns &and Coffee 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_8003NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - First Range Session 01.30.21 c...jpg

Last edited:
.......some of the fabrication steps. Only a few thousandths of an inch clearance for the optic mounting screws to clear the sides of the pistol
top strap. I wanted to flush mount the flat platform with the top strap but there was not enough metal thickness to allow a secure fitment. Only an amateur on the Bridgeport mill so real machinists show some mercy please.
IMG_7968NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - Fabrication 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_7969NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - Fabrication 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_7971NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - Fabrication 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_7975NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - Fabrication 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_7978NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - Fabrication 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_7979NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - Fabrication 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_7981NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - Fabrication 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_7982NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - Fabrication 01.30.21 copy.jpg
IMG_7984NAA Black Widow Rear Sight Dovetail EGW Mount Project - Fabrication 01.30.21 copy.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 7518755
View attachment 7518756

This was a birthday present from my wife a few years back. The irony is that it now lives in her chest pack as I prefer my HK45C. I always thought I was suppose to be the one who bought guns "for her."

I do appendix carry it on occasion, and have found the sandpaper grip rubs a raw spot; which explains the redneck electrical tape.

Marbles tell me about the knife?

Broke out the French press for a strong cup this morning.....probably going to hit it again later.

Needed the biggest cup I had.

Also broke out this .44mag because I have some new wood for it.

Big wood.

Cocobolo wood........ :D

The Redhawk is a fairly lightweight beast....hoping these will give better control for both recoil and also staying on target for extended holds.

No time for stinkin' coffee today. Only takes one screw to dismount the optic, then I can use this Desert Gun Leather Holster; company also had speed loaders for the .22 Mag and .22 LR cylinders just for fun.....

IMG_8148NAA Black Widow Desert Gun Leather Holster and Speed Loaders copy.jpg
IMG_8152NAA Black Widow Desert Gun Leather Holster and Speed Loaders copy.jpg

@azbiker, I've always wondered about the Korth. I've owned a lot of good revolvers to include Mdl. 27-2, 4" and 6" Pythons both seventies vintage, two L frames one of which was highly tuned, etc. etc. What is the allure of the Korth? Is it the trigger, the lock up, the fit and finish, or?

@azbiker, I've always wondered about the Korth. I've owned a lot of good revolvers to include Mdl. 27-2, 4" and 6" Pythons both seventies vintage, two L frames one of which was highly tuned, etc. etc. What is the allure of the Korth? Is it the trigger, the lock up, the fit and finish, or?
Quarter Horse, for me it is all of the above. Now, I have never shot a tuned S&W and it has been years since I've shot a vintage Python so I cannot give you a fair comparison. I and my wife own/shoot three Korths. In addition to the 4" .357 Mongoose above, we have a Super Sport ULX with tuned interchangeable .357 mag and 9mm cylinders and a 2" 9mm Sky Hawk. The 9mm cylinders for the Super Sport and Sky hawk do not require moon clips to eject the 9mm casings. I can switch between the .357 mag and 9mm cylinders in about 10-15 seconds. All three guns are very accurate. The triggers are great in either SA or DA with DA performing almost like a two stage. The fit is incredible and the DLC finish is top notch. The cylinders lock up with a soft, smooth, positive snick. I installed a Delta Point Pro on the ULX and love the combination on that gun.

For me and the Mrs., choosing a Korth revolver is much the same as choosing a NightHawk in place of a Kimber or an Atlas in place of a STI. We own and shoot Kimber's and STI's but have never regretted spending money on their higher end alternatives.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Near instant gratification.
Picked up this optic ready 9 mm Walther PDP (Performance Duty Pistol) w/ 18 rnd. magazines. Waiting to get the Leupold DPP adapter
plate from Walther. Will be mounted in a Safariland GLS holster with QLS drop leg rig.

IMG_8365.jpg
IMG_8367.jpg
IMG_8369.jpg
IMG_8371.jpg

Reactions: DubfromGA and MJF
If you all are looking to replace your BRCC then check out OneNation Coffee. They seem to be the real deal supporters of the shooting community. They came out to Mammoth and rolled through the stages providing coffee to all the ROs and then were at Vortex Team Sniper Challenge last month with a tent. Competitors were able to partake in a great cup of coffee each morning.

09BF499F-3CCB-447C-92F2-E41156B8FC6D.jpeg

I have no guns in these pics, but here is the source of the coffee! Well, one of the sources, El Salvador. That is one hell of a cappaciono! Pretty interesting adventure to get to this place, banana trees, mangos, coconuts etc. probably above 6,000 ft.

Attachments

• IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    805.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    971.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    441.2 KB · Views: 42
This is my 'working' 1911A1, my Service Pistol used in CMP competition. It is a Les Baer Hardballer.

IMG_1707.JPG

Love that Baer !!!!!

My carry gun since last weekend's range session has been the trusty UTC with 24 Gold Dots in WC mags.

The gun & holster have been breaking in nicely over the past year.

If you all are looking to replace your BRCC then check out OneNation Coffee. They seem to be the real deal supporters of the shooting community. They came out to Mammoth and rolled through the stages providing coffee to all the ROs and then were at Vortex Team Sniper Challenge last month with a tent. Competitors were able to partake in a great cup of coffee each morning.

View attachment 7574901

Many thanks for the tip on the coffee brand.

I'll certainly be checking them out. They sound like good people.

Found a gem this week.
Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 4" .357 mag with optional over travel trigger stop, case colored hammer / trigger, circa 1966.
Original box papers cleaning kit, never fired outside the factory.
Going to take it to the range.

IMG_8495Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 .357 Mag 4 Barrel Guns with Coffee Photos 03.13.21.jpg
IMG_8497Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 .357 Mag 4 Barrel Guns with Coffee Photos 03.13.21.jpg

IMG_8453 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Late last year I sold some magnum hunting rifles & a shotgun....zero plans to use again. Good 'ole .270 Win, .308 Win & .30'06's in the safe will more than meet my hunting demands.

Took the proceeds from rifles, glass & scattergun and put them towards some new bucket list handguns. Placed my lightly customized orders with my favorite dealer and he took care of the rest.

The first of them arrived last week. Another Baer that I've wanted for a long, long time. Monolith Heavyweight .45.

My UTC has proven to be both highly accurate & 100% reliable over this past year. Hoping for the same experience with this Mono.

Hoping to make it to the range in the morning for some fun.

Enjoying a few Smith & Wesson’s and fine coffee this morning.

Model 48 4" Masterpiece K-4 .22 Magnum Rim Fire mfg. 1980,
pinned barrel & recessed chambers
K-4 (fourth and last model iteration)
case color hammer & trigger
Never fired outside the factory

Pre-Model 10 2" Military & Police .38 Spl mfg. 1955
round butt dark walnut diamond checkered grips numbered to the gun
case color hammer & trigger
classic 1/2 moon profile front sight (1/10" wide)
Was in someone's closet for 65 years, maybe one box of ammo thru it

Model 10-5 2" .38 Spl mfg. 1963
square butt
case colored hammer & trigger
Baughman (agent well- known within the FBI and confidant of J. Edgar Hoover) ramp style front sight adopted by S&W

Gotta love the old school boxes with metal re-enforced corners.
IMG_8651Smith & Wesson Model 48 Masterpiece .22 WRF Guns & Coffee 03.27.21.jpg
IMG_8655Smith & Wesson Model 48 Masterpiece .22 WRF Guns & Coffee 03.27.21.jpg
IMG_8663Smith & Wesson Pre Model 10 Military & Police .38 Special Guns & Coffee 03.27.21.jpg
IMG_8658Smith & Wesson Model 10-5 .38 Special Guns & Coffee 03.27.21.jpg
IMG_8664Smith & Wesson Pre Model 10 Military & Police .38 Special Guns & Coffee 03.27.21.jpg

Sweet S&W wheelguns @strikeeagle1

Back in the good days....before the abomination of the idiotic bullcrap p.o.s. infernal internal locks. WTF were they thinking. Hillary Hole.

About as functional as that aged evil heifer.

Seriously, though....I really hope S&W will come around and go lockless at some point. I'd love to add a 4" 586 & 6.5" 29.

Sipping my coffee a bit later this leisure morning.....but sipping it with the only larger bore S&W guns I currently have.

Actually had them both out already as the hogleg is getting boxed up to go back to S&W for some warranty work.

The N-Frame will be getting a fiber optic front sight today and is getting some more buffing with Mothers mag wheel polish....trying to clean it up some.

^^ what bipod do you use for the long barrel beast ?
the 10 mm is cool. It needs to be on my bucket list.

.....the locks are easy to remove.

Monday morning mail.

Instant gratification....with the coffee too.

1956 Smith & Wesson 2" Model 36-no dash round butt with classic "flat latch" cylinder release
diamond checkered walnut grips, case colored trigger & hammer.

Never fired outside the factory.

In 1950 Smith & Wesson hosted the National Police Chief's Convention to introduce their new un-named revolver.
Attending members voted and agreed "Chief's Special" was the favorite name, the rest is history.

In 1959 they sold for $44 retail to compete against Colt's Detective Special, which was slightly larger profile.

IMG_8743Smith & Wesson Model 36 Chiefs Special Guns & Coffee 04.06.21.jpg

Last edited:
Late last year I sold some magnum hunting rifles & a shotgun....zero plans to use again. Good 'ole .270 Win, .308 Win & .30'06's in the safe will more than meet my hunting demands.

Took the proceeds from rifles, glass & scattergun and put them towards some new bucket list handguns. Placed my lightly customized orders with my favorite dealer and he took care of the rest.

The first of them arrived last week. Another Baer that I've wanted for a long, long time. Monolith Heavyweight .45.

My UTC has proven to be both highly accurate & 100% reliable over this past year. Hoping for the same experience with this Mono.

Hoping to make it to the range in the morning for some fun.
Something like a Bear monolith in 38 super is the only pistol I really want anymore.

Last edited:
You guys with the revolvers should check out SK Custom grips.

Scott’s retired USAF who started making grips because he was GI poor and no one made what he wanted. He makes good stuff and will make grips on your provided media (antlers, horns, bone, etc).

Monday morning mail.

Instant gratification....with the coffee too.

1956 Smith & Wesson 2" Model 36-no dash round butt with classic "flat latch" cylinder release
diamond checkered walnut grips, case colored trigger & hammer.

Never fired outside the factory.

In 1950 Smith & Wesson hosted the National Police Chief's Convention to introduce their new un-named revolver.
Attending members voted and agreed "Chief's Special" was the favorite name, the rest is history.

In 1959 they sold for $44 retail to compete against Colt's Detective Special, which was slightly larger profile.

View attachment 7598965
Neat little gun. I have a 3inch model 37 “flat latch”.
14103810-7B02-4375-8322-FC25DDFFC883.jpeg

^^^^....and where is the coffee ?
Sorry I was just perusing and saw your post. I was outside changing oil in lawnmower. Today was 80 in north kackalaki so didn’t have coffee. Had some sweet tea if that works?