• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GunSafe Help

areaone

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Illinois
Need some opinions on the best bang for the buck Gun Safe, 25 gun capacity more or less. Appreciate any opinions and experiences. How do you anchor one down, this will go into the basement. Thanks

Re: GunSafe Help

In that range I'm a Liberty fan. Keep your eyes peeled on craigslist. I bought a Franklin 35 on there for $800.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.Draig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sturdy Safe. I did a lot of research and this US manuf came out on top for everything I needed. </div></div>

+1 Terry is a great guy to deal with, and will do custom as well. I bought a 32", which is as big as I could use where it was to be located,and the standard depth was 24". I had it fire lined, and didn't want to lose the depth, so I had him change the depth to 27". Terry gave me 2 choices, he would cut the back off and weld on the extension, or if I could wait a couple more months, he would custom bend me what I wanted out of 1 piece as his safe bodies normally are. I just had to wait until he was starting another run of 6" tall safes. As I said, Terry is a great guy to deal with.

I picked up a Liberty Fatboy Jr. from Lowes a few months back - they have it for $1097 on the Lowes website right now. I think mine came to about $1200 or so including inside delivery.

Get a real safe. 2000+ pounds and have someone install it for you. Your price range is do-able if you find the right used safe.

Find a local Safe and Vault store. Better Locksmiths can usually recommend one.

AnschutzNerd

Just throwing this out there Cabelas is having a sale and I picked up a Liberty Classic series with a bunch of upgrade (Cabelas exclusive) for $1000.00 640lbs. I realize that there are better and faster things out there- but this met my requirements. You may want to look there.

I live in Sunnyvale which is only 10 minutes away from Liberty safe. I was thinking about getting a Fatboy Jr. with both a key pad and a back up key entry in case of a power failure. I was also thinking about the dehumidifer. I should go down and see Liberty Safes in person and get the Fatboy Jr. configured the way I want.

What do you think and is it a good choice?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AMSEC hands down</div></div>

That's the way I went. I felt it would be easier to penetrate a safe that was just steel over a safe that was steel exterior with concrete and other bits of steel in walls.

I have used Sthil contrete cutoff saw and with that tool I could cut thru steel with little effort. Used abrasive type blade. Or course they make a diamond embedded blade that will go thru concrete too.

Bottom line if criminal has the time and expertise he will get in your safe or carry it away to get into later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a real safe. 2000+ pounds</div></div>

Agreed, mine weighs 3500 lbs empty and has TL-30 rating. I'd like to make it as difficult and time consuming as possible for the criminal.

If you have a local safe dealer, go check out some of your options. You'd be surprised in the difference in quality between manufacturers, as well as the features that each offers.