Gunwerks suppressors

11bar

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2018
Hooker, Oklahoma
They just posted a pic on Instagram. I was wondering if anyone out the has had there hands on one and there thoughts?

Reactions: reximus

PFG

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
Texas
For the long wait and money required to play the supressor game, my instinct wouldn’t be to buy a new model from a company who is new to building supressors.

Loop back to them in a few years. Until then, buy a known product with good CS.

Reactions: Badfinger

kthomas

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
For the long wait and money required to play the supressor game, my instinct wouldn’t be to buy a new model from a company who is new to building supressors.

Loop back to them in a few years. Until then, buy a known product with good CS.
Advancements in suppressor technology has been pretty flat for years. Every suppressor does the same thing - delays the release of gasses by subjecting them to a series of baffles.

There are small differences between baffle design and materials used. Key distinguishing difference between suppressor systems seems mostly about attachment methods, and perhaps manufacturing quality and QA/QC.

As long as they have the CS, manufacturing quality, and the suppressor checks the boxes for the criteria that you want - then go for it.

Sometimes I think we get too hung up on suppressor "technology".

Max

Major Hide Member
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Nice looking cans but heavy. My ultra 9 is 13.7 oz. Their 6ix is 12.4 oz and the 8ight a whopping 18.5 (1lb 2.5 oz) . I actually ordered an Ultra 5 at 9.4 oz so as to save weight (& length) on my muzzle while hunting....

EED00EEE-DA2B-4288-B1AC-C1AE751FD455.jpeg

Last edited:

NAS78

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 4, 2018
    Nice looking cans but heavy. My ultra 9 is 13.7 oz. Their 6ix is 14.8 and the 8ight a whopping 18.5 (1lb 2.5 oz) . I actually ordered an Ultra 5 at 9.4 oz so as to save weight (& length) on my muzzle while hunting....

View attachment 7010329
    Are you sure about those Ultra weights? Are those your actual weights or you stating advertised? Cause I think the ultra 9 was in the high 11oz range and the ultra 7 in the 9oz range

Reactions: Max

NAS78

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 4, 2018
    He's quoting the weight of the direct thread (DT) format Ultra 9, and 13.7 is correct for that.
    Ok, that makes sense. I didn't think about that configuration with the mount welded up in the can

skinney_7

Hammer down.
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    I currently have both the 6IX and 8IGHT in hand and have used both quite a bit. Both Suppressors are built very well.

The 6IX being discreet, light and small is great for that concept, not so much for sound suppression, but that's by design due to it's size, you're going to sacrifice performance regarding sound suppression. I've ran it on my SBR, and currently have it on my 223 custom bolt rifle.

The 8IGHT, being a little larger diameter compared to the majority being really close to an inch and 3/4, and it's not that heavy, I like the aesthetics, and the sound suppression is optimal, I run it on my 6.5 PRC, it does have the adjustable apertures, but I'm not sure if that's still a go with the ATF trying to serialize those as well.

I am planning on doing some reviews of both or one review of both cans. I like the features they have to offer, great suppressors.

Reactions: Longshot85