• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunwerks Verdict

You’d think it would have a huskemaw scope. They did say it was laser engraved, maybe they drew a dick on the elevation turret.

It's cool I get it I'm sure their clientele don't care that's chump change and we are clearly not their market and I wish them well......

But moa?????

Annnmd a Leupold????

The Verdict is a great stock. Until you've used one, it's hard to explain the ergonomics and comfort they offer.

Not putting them down, it must be a nice piece of kit.

if they can sell at that price point...that’s great for them

above someone mentioned their clientele, who/what are their clientele?

@Powder_Burns...beat me to it

that price is ridiculous

you could buy a Tac ops and a AI for the same money more or less

they might be nice but the only way you can charge those numbers is with engraving etc

I’m with this guy’s opinion... also not digging the Leupold for that kind of coin

Gunwerks has produced extremely high end hunting rifles for sometime. They're not my cup of tea, but I have several friends who own multiple GW rifles. You have to understand who they’re catering to and what their purpose is to understand the Leupold choice. It’s a lightish weight long range capable hunting rifle that everything is to their specs. Leupold is the only premium optic maker that I know of that’ll fit into that category while offering the custom reticle for their needs.

Reactions: skinney_7
Thanks for the info..
We’re they targeting that market off the bat, found a niche, or just found themselves there?

D17A6D17-3C0E-4D01-8C7C-F6E51A3DEA9D.gif

Had an email from Gunwerks drop in to my inbox detailing one of their firearms. Thought it looked pretty nice, carbon stock etc. Checked the price. Double checked the price. Thought " What am I missing about this?" Was going to post about it on Snipers Hide. Saw this thread. Glad I'm not the only one.

I read the title and thought it was a verdict on their court case, was excited to read the legal proceedings, and instead all I got was an overpriced rifle.

The Verdict is a great stock. Until you've used one, it's hard to explain the ergonomics and comfort they offer.

Can't see it being much better, if any, than a manners stock. Lets see, lone peak ti action, Bartlien carbon barrel, ARC rings, Manners with mini chassis. ZCO scope and I'm under that price by what 5K?

Last edited:
Gunwerks threads are literally all the same

They aren’t my cup of tea but they aren’t as overpriced as people make them out to be. You’d think on this site at least with all the 8k$ AIs there be less poors complaining about a 8k-9k$rifle but I guess not.

gunwerks is one of the few companies pushing stock ergonomics, especially negative comb can’t in hunting rifle stocks.

as far as a manners as long as Ray Charles still inlets their stocks I’d rather have this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have handled one of their rifles and they are nice, but as stated they aren’t marketing these rifles to the average long range shooter, they have clients that don’t think twice about dropping that kind of coin for a rifle.

Reactions: Aescobar17
One of the specs listed is the Temperature: 50......but what if when I shoot or hunt and its not 50 then what........ :unsure:

All jokes aside looks like a bad ass rifle. If I wasn't poor I would try one.

Gunwerks threads are literally all the same

They aren’t my cup of tea but they aren’t as overpriced as people make them out to be. You’d think on this site at least with all the 8k$ AIs there be less poors complaining about a 8k-9k$rifle but I guess not.

gunwerks is one of the few companies pushing stock ergonomics, especially negative comb can’t in hunting rifle stocks.

as far as a manners as long as Ray Charles still inlets their stocks I’d rather have this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not really complaining, but its a R700 pattern action

there is only so much you can do in that foot print the distinguish yourself from the original and the other clones

if they were using space aged materials or something really special i can see it

what im really interested in how he was able to carve out a piece of the market that is willing to pay that $

was it his business plan all along?

was it 2 wealthy customers who were very happy and told their friends who also had some extra $ ?

or was it the training followed up with quality rifles?

I have a GW rifle in their Clymr stock, Kahles scope, and proof barrel. No regrets, shoots lights out, light weight and looks sweet. Not a better hunting stock out there. With GW your paying for the package. If your not a seasoned gun builder, but want a custom rifle that shoots right out of the box with excellent customer service by a company that stands behind their products, this is a great option. At the end of the day it's just money right? 😜

Reactions: HTX_17 and brianf
It’s entire rifle “systems” ready to rock, with load development and training.

the high end hunting world is where real money gets spent on guns, and has been for the past century. They have their own niche because of this “system” other companies will do it like Jarrett or McWhorter, and if you get a whole kit, scope mounted, drops verified, ammo made it ends up roughly the same price.

I have never hunted with a gunwerks owner, I have hunted with someone with an Jarrett, built, scoped, load developed, drops verified all by Jarrett. Jarrett makes his ammo for him, and he keeps his spent brass and sends it back. The gun is Borderline perfect for a hunting rifle and that’s what he wanted, he doesn’t have time to screw with parts compatibility, loading ammo or shooting all year. He wants to hunt and let someone else play with the minutia.

Can't see it being much better, if any, than a manners stock. Lets see, lone peak ti action, Bartlien carbon barrel, ARC rings, Manners with mini chassis. ZCO scope and I'm under that price by what 5K?

Oh they are different... I've used and own the multiple Elite Shell PRS 1's, T-5A's, and T-4F most with mini chassis one without. I also have and use currently a couple Carbon shell Clymr, and Verdict stocks. I love Manners and use them quite often, but like I said, until you feel and handle a Clymr or Verdict, and actually "use" them a lot, it's tough to visually look past that $$$ sign and go straight to bitch mode.

• Haha
Reactions: Vanillags
seems like maybe stuff is missing on the ad or they changed their packages?

last ad for this type of "system" i saw months ago included a CF tripod, X amount of ammo...maybe even a range finder too? i cant remember it all, probably some other stuff im forgetting, but all added up it wasn't overly steep for the $11k and a 1 stop shop package...if youre in the position to drop $9-10k on your entire rifle system, whats another couple k for the convenience of 1 and done anyways

Their stocks do look quite nice and I've thought about buying a Clymr stock for my bighorn. The pricing on their stocks is in the same range as a Manners, and I didn't think they were overpriced at all. They offer the stocks with a couple different configurations/options for the mounting block, which is also nice.

I think the issue comes from putting a retail price on each component in the rifle build, then realizing there is about a $4000 markup above that for the assembled rifle.

Reactions: db2000
Like above these threads are all the same.
People on this site aren't the target buyers.

I know lots of people who would buy a KIT ready to go. These aren't even that expensive for the market they cater to.

Look at some of the custom hunting rifle builders. Hell, Echols has a $15k Win M70 shown on his site and it has a , gasp, 1" leupold (which is not included) and it doesn't even have exposed turrets.

Last edited:
Reactions: skinney_7
  • Haha
Reactions: JeffLebowski
Time is money. Lot of people have money; but not the time to research builds, learn what they need, reload, go to the range and collect dope, etc. Or just don't care to do all that work. Want to have someone do it all for them and hand them a rifle, ammo, and a dope sheet for that combo ready to go. That's what they do. They found a "hole" in the market and built a company around it. Good for them. Not to mention they drive a lot of innovation in the industry.

I personally enjoy all of that stuff as much as actually shooting the rifle, so I like doing all of that "work" myself.

ETA: Another reason is lead time, I am not sure what the lead time is for their rifles but I would imagine they stock a pretty good amount of parts as big as they are. So someone can call up and get a rifle pretty quick. Where building yourself and tracking down parts takes a long time. Even just buying straight from manufacturers, most have a pretty good lead time to get you the parts. Then if you aren't spinning your own barrels you have to get your blank to a smith or just have him use one of his and most smith's have some lead time you will have to wait for.

Last edited:
🧐. $11,439!! What “hollow” have these guys been hiding in?? Wait, they are in Wyoming........bender what’s going on here, are these guys stuck in a deep valley way off the grid? Leupold non illuminated MOA scope........so this a hunting gun? Shoot, they don’t list the weight, must be more than i would want to carry; 8 pounds for a hunting rifle sounds about right to me, but I like to HUNT, and I’m not interested in 1000 yard shots on game. Of course, IF I could afford this, I could also afford a horse, a guide, and a porter to carry that thing...........sorry, I’ll craw back in my poor hole with my light BlaserR93 I bought used in 2001 with two barrels (270 and 300 win mag) for $2000........thought that was my card out of the poor category.........guess not.

Time is money. Lot of people have money; but not the time to research builds, learn what they need, reload, go to the range and collect dope, etc. Or just don't care to do all that work. Want to have someone do it all for them and hand them a rifle, ammo, and a dope sheet for that combo ready to go. That's what they do. They found a "hole" in the market and built a company around it. Good for them. Not to mention they drive a lot of innovation in the industry.

I personally enjoy all of that stuff as much as actually shooting the rifle, so I like doing all of that "work" myself.

i click around the internet as much as most, but i really dont see GW that often.

what publications or sites have you found them in and/or how did you come about GW in general.

thanks

Lets see, a Rolex a friend wants would cost twice that to just tell the time, plus there is a wait list, hmm... And Gulfstream announced the G700 personal bizjet at a cheap $75 Million. Not complaining as I enjoy my own excesses, as my late Mom taught me, this is Capitalism in action. Interesting times we live in!

Hi,

Their market and customer base support them and probably feel the same way when someone post a picture of a full tilt AI with TT scope, Vector IV, $2k worth of tripod heads, $1k worth of bipods and bags, etc etc.

Just think about market base for a minute...
Just look at how many "What scope should I get", etc etc we see here.....now transfer that over to the hunting market where the potential customer values his time based on his paycheck per hour amount that has just got mail with once in a lifetime Sheep hunt; only to realize he cannot show up at hunting camp with his 270 w/Simmons scope.
So he starts www'ing full package hunting rifles and comes across gunwerks that not only has everything in 1 package but ammo is ready to go with it....

THAT is their customer...They make purchases not only related to dollar amount as driving factor but they factor in their TIME amount to research and choose this vs that.
IF I was being paid 400$ per hour to consult on something then spending just an hour on researching this vs that cost me too much money potential...I just buy everything I need for my hunt from a single source. No tracking down delivery of this product, that product, this CS, that CS, etc etc.

The "Tactical" version of that business plan would be:
Full tilt rifle
ZCO or TT mil based scope
RRS Tripod Kit
TBAC bipod
TBAC Dominus Suppressor
Jacketed or Monolithic projectile loaded ammunition
2 Day Tracking course with Targets of Opportunity scattered amongst the tracking/shooting course of 1200 deeded acres adjoining hundreds of thousands of USFS land, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: MCHOG and HTX_17
A lot of us are tinkerers. We like the process of over-researching, picking exactly what we want, looking for deals, opening the late-ariving packages, assembling our system, dialing it in, etc.

On the other hand, I know a lot of folks who fit Gunwerks' profile perfectly. They have they money, want a high end system, are more focused on the hunt than the gear, and don't want to spend the time figuring things out for themselves. For them, that rifle is perfect....except for the MOA scope.

We have 16 guys in our hunt club (5000+ acres) and only about 3-4 of us are "gun guys" most of the other guys are probably what y'all call "fudds" and I can see them some of them buying a rifle like this.

Their niche are guys that aren't "gun guys" or serious shooters. Gunwerks does a good job in terms of marketing, and they have some interesting products. They were a lot more interesting to me when Caylen/Phil were closely affiliated, haha.

For my last build, I did loosely consider a Gunwerks. But I am the type that likes to research and compare prices/features/etc. I ended up with a custom LPA Ti action, proof carbon barrel spun up by a well known smith, TT special, Manners EH-1, extra AICS mag, Kahles K525i, TBAC U-7 (Including stamp), Atlas CAL, and a case of ammo. All that is about $3,000 less than the rifle linked in the original post, which could account for a kestrel, LRF, another case of ammo & a class somewhere. I'd have to look back, but I think I had my rifle built within about 3 months (ish) of first contacting the smith.

I don't say all that to bash on Gunwerks, just reinforce what has already been said by other folks here.

Reactions: physguy88
They are obscenely expensive rifles but only moderately expensive consultants. If you are the kind of guy who don't shoot and tinker much and use lot's lawyers and other business consultants, $10k doesn't look so bad for eliminating your rifle/scope/ammo calibration as something you need to think about.

I recently had a lawyer from a big firm check up some documents and do some mark ups. Boom: $8K for delivering some red lines on a word document. I wish they could have thrown in a rifle with that "work" 😵

Last edited:
Reactions: brianf