• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H&K SL8 Brass Catcher

Re: H&K SL8 Brass Catcher

The Country Shed is OKay, not cheap but they have some hard to find stuff. I use the same mesh brass catcher on my AR15 see at the top - it works but isn't suitable for use in the field, only at the bench. There are some hard plastic catchers at the bottom that I first saw on "The Unit" that you might use in the field.

Is the hard plastic brass catcher okay on the brass? It isnt going to damage it in any way right? And the website is okay to order from right? I just dont wanna get screwed by a somewhat shady website...

I haved used the E&L Mfg Polymer brass catcher designed for an HK G3/HK91 and it is an excellent product. I would recommend it for bench or range use, but not for the field. I can't speak directly to the dimensions of the SL8 version, but the G3 version was pretty bulky and tended to get in the way when I was running one in a competition setting.

See here:

http://brasscatchers.com/store/brasscatcher.html#_140

Sorry for bumping this old topic, but I'd like to know how this unit attaches to the rifle, and would like to ask the topic starter to post a picture of how it works.

I did buy this a while back. The brass catcher attaches by sticking a strip of velcro on the magwell and attaching the brass catcher using velcro. It really does NOT work well at all. My SL8 kept jamming when I would attach it. The ejected shell would get caught in the ejection port. I would post pictures but its not even worth looking into. A waste of $40.

Thanks for the reply. I was mainly interested if it was something I would want to copy but I cant really say I want any of that sticky shit on my gun. Maybe I should just buy a spare magwell and modify that somehow...