• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

h&r m-12 U.S. heavy barrel beast anyone else shooting one of these?

Yup... I got one from the CMP a long time ago when they sold them with sights. I predominately use mine as a poor-man's rimfire bench gun nowadays. Mine has a Vianni scope mount and sports a BSA 8-32x44 scope.

The gun shoots pretty well but that stock leaves a lot to be desired. I've contemplated replacing it but finding someone who inlets for an M-12 isn't very common.

Mine is the Civilian Model, H&R 5200. I use both Olympic Palma sights and this Remington 24X scope.

These puppies shoot.

HandR5200_1.jpg

Hello I have H-R m12 U.S marked Vianni scope mount , I went thru Mossberg 144 LSA and LSB Remington 540x until I picked up the m-12 ,the other rifles I mentioned were too light they shot good but I like the heavy one ,Redfield Palma rear ,front sight Redfield Internatioal match small bore marked 50 yds and Redfield Olympiic , I like the heavy weight I hold the rifle steady standing ,have a fixed 10 power that I put on when I feel like looking thru the scope ,geoff3

I have three of the H&R M-12, 1 in the factory stock, 1 in an Elk Ridge stock and 1 in an International style stock made by Royal Arms. The one in the International style stock has a bent barrel and it still shoots very well. The barrel was bent when I got it from the CMP, not a mark on it externally to indicate how the barrel was bent.

m12a_zps0a6546d4.jpg

bend2_zps4afa436f.jpg

Got one too and they are great, best $250 ever spent. Used to shoot mini Palma at 100 and then out to 200 yards and it's a blast. I put mine in a X course HP stock with a Tubb adjustable butt. Had to switch to lefty so the stock is available. Inletted and bedded for the M12.

I bought one from the CMP, with Redfield sights. I use it to practice for High Power rifle, shooting it prone at 100 yards. Nice, accurate rifle.

wish I would've bought one... mine kiddo's are flocking to any small bore match over the air rifle competitions...

Any CMP .22 would've been a great investment when they coulda been had....

I'm just a day late and a dollar short...

I have a couple of the CMP M-12s and love them. I use them and my HR "Medalist" for benchrest matches and have actually won a couple with Lapua ammo. All of mine are fitted with Unertl scopes work like a charm. I like pulling out the retro guns at matches. Their accuracy is certainly on par with anything that is available currently IMO.