• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H1000 in the 7mm RSAUM

mpwolf

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2014
Just a thought, but has anyone tried H1000 in the 7 Rsaum with 162 gr bullets? I'm guessing that velocity might suffer a bit, but load density would be good, and temps/pressures might be help with barrel/throat longevity, much like in the 6.5 4S... Then again, if I cook this tube, I can rebarrel with a 6.5 4S, and life will be good!

Running the same bullet and H1000 in a 7/300 WSM and it's running them at about 3050 fps, good accuracy and single digit SD's. Works well for me so I'm sure it'd work well in the 7Saum too.

Just a thought, but has anyone tried H1000 in the 7 Rsaum with 162 gr bullets? I'm guessing that velocity might suffer a bit, but load density would be good, and temps/pressures might be help with barrel/throat longevity, much like in the 6.5 4S... Then again, if I cook this tube, I can rebarrel with a 6.5 4S, and life will be good!

I got less pressure with Retumbo 65.3 Berger 168 vld's 3150fps

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...rn-7saum-thunderbeast-30p-1-video-update.html

I would think H1000 would be on the slow side but hell, if it works, it works. :thumbsup: