• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Had ago at a mile the other day!

alwayswillbe

Private
Minuteman
May 25, 2008
South Australia
Took my APRS .300 win mag out to the mile mark the other day, took three shots to get on the 2ft x 2ft steel target, and then hit 14 out of 20, it really exposed some faults with technique/method etc which was good for me. I can see why alot of guys like to really to push the limits of their chosen hardware, it was a pretty cool feeling!
laugh.gif

Just thought id share.....

Re: Had ago at a mile the other day!

good for you, I can't wait to get my rig built up and give a shot or two myself.
cheers.

208 amax,
71gr 2213SC
federal 215 primers
COAL 3.578
WIN brass

The amax's seem to go pretty good in the wind

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alwayswillbe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">208 amax,
71gr 2213SC
federal 215 primers
COAL 3.578
WIN brass

The amax's seem to go pretty good in the wind</div></div>

I agree. Farthest I have been able to shoot them is 1200 yards. R22 and win brass with wlrm. Only thing I adjusted for was spin drift (very little wind)!and made every hit and was 3/4 Moa and on target. Used the g1 and it was spot
on. Was running them 2935 fps at 350 asl.

But that is some awesome shooting man! Congrats and merry Christmas