• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Had to take vac today

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Wife went on a business trip so I had to take a day to get the kids to school. Everyone was surprised how early they were.

P82A0119_zps136fb273.jpg

Decided to try out some 4895 loads

This factory Hornady M1 Garand load (168 Amax) was my baseline

P82A0122_zps1e97c9e3.jpg

This was one of my better IMR 4895 loads

P82A0123_zps891df9a3.jpg

This was from an earlier trip shooting Varget and it is the load I will be going with

P82A0124_zpsf11552aa.jpg

I miss my wife when she goes but the kids get a little extra education and I find things to keep myself busy.

Last edited:
    good shooting, i bet the kids would have preferred to stay with you rather than school, at least i would have when i was a child

good shooting, i bet the kids would have preferred to stay with you rather than school, at least i would have when i was a child

Next year. At 4 and 5 years old maybe one of them but not both right now.

Hi pmclaine
    Funny, kids are always early at school when the father has a range session planned right after dropping them. Great target, Varget works well, just too bad that it has been MIA for so long now; does not look like we will see much more of it for a while, even Chris Hodgdon recommends to look for alternative powders, as the demand is much greater than the production.
    Thanks to the idiots who started that crisis but that is a different topic.
    Have fun and good shooting.
    Ombre noire