• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

Drops are 12pm pst Saturdays.
Rarely there are mid week drops that are not announced or predictable.
Previews of the weekend drops are posted on Instagram and Fb.
Also check out the Half Face Blades Enthusiasts Fb group. There is a lot of trading and selling in the group.

Reactions: earthquake
The one I was trying to get... rubbing it in I see...

Pure luck. It really comes down to IT server hops at that particular moment IMHO. 20'ish blades and 2k people logged in trying to snipe shit. It can and will be brutal. I got totally skunked this weekend.

1635536158615.png

Pretty amazing how a secondary market has developed in which these knives are bought and then sold for inflated prices. Kind of incredible that this is still going on.

Last year I asked half faced blades to make some champagne sabers, I wanted to get one made as a Christmas gift for my wife. They said they were going to take the project on, and to stand by for further comms on the project. Never heard anything since about it, but curious if Half Faced Blades went through with the project and sold a few?

Pretty amazing how a secondary market has developed in which these knives are bought and then sold for inflated prices. Kind of incredible that this is still going on.

Last year I asked half faced blades to make some champagne sabers, I wanted to get one made as a Christmas gift for my wife. They said they were going to take the project on, and to stand by for further comms on the project. Never heard anything since about it, but curious if Half Faced Blades went through with the project and sold a few?

Its a good question, you may have been onboarded to the books, but I know people have been waiting since 2018 for their customs. Depending on who you connected with, I'd hit them up (if still interested).

Its a good question, you may have been onboarded to the books, but I know people have been waiting since 2018 for their customs. Depending on who you connected with, I'd hit them up (if still interested).

Interesting.

I'm not that concerned about it, my financial position has changed since I first enquired about the project. They made it sound like the project would only take a couple of months - or at least that's my understanding based on our communications.

Either way, not a big deal. Just curious if they ever made it out into the wild. I wouldn't be able to afford one now anyways.

Just tried to snag one from today's drop. Refresh.....refresh....refresh....3pm BOOM! Ad to cart instantly....Nope. Sold out. How?!?! 🤷🏼‍♂️

I thought I had today’s timed perfectly.. I clicked in, hit add to cart and gone. Chasing primers lol.

Reactions: earthquake

I contacted them 13 months ago. I was told that they would reach out to me in May. Still nothing. Kind of strange business model. But I guess they don’t have to service new customers.

Reactions: kthomas
Got my first skinner 3 weeks ago and used it on a whitetail tonight. Was pretty pleased. Do you guys use a skinner to debone as well or a different blade?

Got my first skinner 3 weeks ago and used it on a whitetail tonight. Was pretty pleased. Do you guys use a skinner to debone as well or a different blade?
Never put my mitts on one of their skinners, but just looking at the size/profile I think I would use something different for de-boning. I prefer something like this for de-boning and trimming: Meat Crafter Knife

HFB I'm guessing would have something that would work great for it though.

I use something else with a smaller blade profile. My kid uses his for deboning though.

I snagged the center one off the site a year ago with 1 bar of cell reception. No picture in the ad on the site, but when I saw turquoise and caribou I knew it would be awesome.
heck yeah! thats something that wont happen these days lol. now its combat the bots and the rest of the internet to land one custom.

I tried to score a custom for weeks. Wasn’t picky, any custom, and came up with a big goose egg. I just spent the rest of my Saturday all pissed off, so I quit trying.

• Sad
Reactions: Zorrosdens
I just got a new Crow Scout, it’s a production model. I hate to say, as a guy who owned an OG scout, I don’t like it. Aesthetically it’s great, looks killer. But the design from the OG is a significant change, the handle is much thinner, the g10 grips edges aren’t rounded, the profile seems different. I don’t think I’ll end up carrying it like I wanted to. It’s definitely sharp and I’m sure the blade will handle heavy use.

I know the feel of a knife is totally subjective, I’m just comparing an OG to a production, and maybe that’s not fair.

I’ll carry it around and keep an open mind, maybe it’ll grow on me. Edit: gonna try to let it go and check the market for something different.

Last edited:
Been awhile…… just had other life stuff come into picture taking me off here awhile, have definitely missed the connections and groups here on the Hide. Sharing this because it never happens to me…. winning something! This was a “You’re shitting me” moment. A Damascus WW2 Raider Style Bowie, 13 7/8” long, blade 8 7/8” sharpened edge. Originally I saw the knife in Instagram, commented, next time I look it had so much interest it was made into a raffle for the knife. So bought one $50 ticket…I never play lottery even, but for a grail Bowie of any kind I could hang with wasting fifty bucks to feel the possibility, enjoy that, then not win and be totally satisfied with the moment. But..can you guess…….I damn won this thing, it still feels exactly like that moment I found out seeing my name as the winner, even took a few for me to realize that’s what the post was actually saying..that I won!!! So I now have what I always thought would be a “If I could afford it I’d get a HFB Bowie” to top my small collection …it would be the “Now there’s a knife!” Low and BEHOLD….
FBDD3026-C359-46A8-BDB1-9BA92D58B31F.jpeg
B45FAB2B-B5F2-433E-AD19-038FB57FAC2C.jpeg
13BCF36B-2E2B-4A0E-A148-F1DE4D0F1ED3.jpeg
6E4949FC-9439-4599-9907-B32E25B55EBE.jpeg
C48643B2-0E5A-4D7D-961A-5804FFFDDDA7.jpeg
594697D6-B807-4244-8570-8D7DC30FA0CF.jpeg
CCA9EC68-5049-47F8-AB9B-B662A164D180.jpeg

Surprisingly easy to wield for the size, super comfortable in either hand. Mosaics, Snake Wood, Giraffe bone brass stripes split includes blue and black G10 In the split, carbon fiber bolster. Same black/blue G10 liners, sheath leather w/python insert…the whole thing is a beauty, one day my son will get it as he’s into knives also (thought of giving it to him. He’s now 49 years old)..but just have to enjoy it awhile more…very possible for a fiftieth birthday present…😉 we’ll seee. He’s doing well enough to get a HFB knife actually but still family stuffs take precedence, so his blade “gets” are lower working end. I have already given him a Wilson Combat Star Benza I got and never carried (he’s doing what I did “too nice to carry” thing on the first “nice” blade, Lolxx. Also recently got him an Emerson Mini CQC-7BW Flipper - Stone Washed), but this would be a cherished piece as it is here. I’m just a lucky son of a gun.

Last edited:
Been awhile…… just had other life stuff come into picture taking me off here awhile, have definitely missed the connections and groups here on the Hide. Sharing this because it never happens to me…. winning something! This was a “You’re shitting me” moment. A Damascus WW2 Raider Style Bowie, 13 7/8” long, blade 8 7/8” sharpened edge. Originally I saw the knife in Instagram, commented, next time I look it had so much interest it was made into a raffle for the knife. So bought one $50 ticket…I never play lottery even, but for a grail Bowie of any kind I could hang with wasting fifty bucks to feel the possibility, enjoy that, then not win and be totally satisfied with the moment. But..can you guess…….I damn won this thing, it still feels exactly like that moment I found out seeing my name as the winner, even took a few for me to realize that’s what the post was actually saying..that I won!!! So I now have what I always thought would be a “If I could afford it I’d get a HFB Bowie” to top my small collection …it would be the “Now there’s a knife!” Low and BEHOLD….
View attachment 7757923View attachment 7757926View attachment 7757928View attachment 7757929View attachment 7757931View attachment 7757932View attachment 7757933
Surprisingly easy to wield for the size, super comfortable in either hand. Mosaics, Snake Wood, Giraffe bone brass stripes split includes blue and black G10 In the split, carbon fiber bolster. Same black/blue G10 liners, sheath leather w/python insert…the whole thing is a beauty, one day my son will get it as he’s into knives also (thought of giving it to him (He’s now 49 years old)..but just have to enjoy it awhile more…very possible for a fiftieth birthday present…😉 we’ll seee. He’s doing well enough to get a HFB knife actually but still family stuffs take precedence, so his blade “gets” are lower working end. I have already given him a Wilson Combat Star Benza I got and never carried, but this would be a cherished piece as it is here. I’m just a lucky son of a gun.

That is VERY MUCH welcomed assault on the eyes. Holy shit.

I keep a breacher in my daily bag that i travel with. Dont use it much as i want that sucker razor sharp for when that emergency comes. Have a dj and cj in strategic places in the house. Have an older Emerson cqc7 in my pocket 24/7 that i use for cutting stuff. If I'm feeling real froggy i might lick peanut butter off it but no way if someone else is walking around the kitchen.
After seeing your “poors” post recently this was exactly what I thought of all those blades… handy to have and didn’t break a bank, though you still made an investment with that number…I totally get it I actually have 6 items one a Damascus Split treatment the others very basic except my 14k Gold plated cardiac is a bit blingy. But it’s seven now with that Bowie. Also bought my brother a sweet treated paring knife. Yep just a few $ I know right. 🤙 but really in the scheme way less than many…oh a drop is going to be fun to see in a few.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
Crow Scout-

-Montana Elk Antler Split, Turquoise with Gold Webbing, Brass and Black Pin Striping, Mosaic Pins, Black G10 Liners.

This beauty is one of Half Face Blades many grails; not only is this pure art at its finest, but you can take this blade hunting any day of the week. This is the Mt. Everest of craftsmanship!!
Never payed close attention to that elk antler before but the shading in the cuts and the graining almost appears “fur” animal like…upon this viewing that and the polish in the slit materials is an actual different experience…betting it’s amazing in person, I think it’s rather unique in my eye. 🤙. Z~