• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Halo N-VIsion Optics

Here is a comparison pic between the v2 reap 35mm and the 25mm halo. The halo is 5 ounces lighter when both are sans batteries. 18 ounces vs 23 ounces.
20190207_132300.jpg

Reactions: Max_R
With the HALO-LR came with a half decent cap. I just placed an order for a HALO-LR a week ago. Should be in end of this month. Looking forward to testing it out.

I'm really looking forward to more hands on reviews of these. Be sure and keep us updated.

That new battery compartment in the Reap is hideous.

Latest Video from Todd Huey

Damn I can't wait until mine comes in. The image on these things is pretty wild. I also noticed no "blurr" when shots were fired. Most thermals kind of blank out after a shot for a split second. With his, I noticed the image stays clear which even allows you to see him hitting low on the far shots. Pretty sick.

No ... not possible ... are you a KING !!?? Or just a PRINCE ??

Must be ... us poor old dirt farmers don't even know people who can touch halos !!! :D

What is the expected run time on a set of batteries? Went out last weekend using a breach as a spotter and i was lucky to get 45 min before it went dead, so im researching external power supply options for it and my halo for when it comes in.

@Max_R Are there any recommendations on an external power supply for the halo and halo lr? What output should i be looking at in something like an anker power bank?

What is the expected run time on a set of batteries? Went out last weekend using a breach as a spotter and i was lucky to get 45 min before it went dead, so im researching external power supply options for it and my halo for when it comes in.

@Max_R Are there any recommendations on an external power supply for the halo and halo lr? What output should i be looking at in something like an anker power bank?

Trying to remember from discussing at SHOT but I think I remember 3.5 hours being what I was told. Could have been 4 but as you know outside temp is a big factor in this.

Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with mounting details of the QD GDI mount but mounting hole spacing for HALO is 0.58", 1.25", or 0.68". HALO-LR mounting holes are 0.58" apart. I hope this helps.

This means that I can use my QD GDI mount?

On average, with half decent batteries and if it's not too cold, the battery life of HALO/HALO-LR should be approximately 4 hours. I can't recommend any particular external USB power supply, however, any USB power bank that can output 1A or more should work just fine.

I'm planning on mounting mine on a bolt gun. Does anyone have it pictured on a bolt gun so I can see where the eyepiece ends up? I'm a bit concerned I might not be able to get it mounted back far enough. It's going on a 60 degree throw action as I know 90 degree throws can sometimes interfere with thermals

I'm planning on mounting mine on a bolt gun. Does anyone have it pictured on a bolt gun so I can see where the eyepiece ends up? I'm a bit concerned I might not be able to get it mounted back far enough. It's going on a 60 degree throw action as I know 90 degree throws can sometimes interfere with thermals
Its always a a bit of a hassle getting the proper eye relief with a thermal on a bolt gun. The 60 degree will be nice. The single lever adm mount sits pretty far forward on the optic. I can try and get a pic for you this evening.

Reactions: generalzip
Particularly interested too. Mine will spend time on my Q Fix when not on an AR.

That honestly doesn’t look too bad at all. It you have an adjustable stock and make the lop as short as possible I think you’d be fine with this setup. Thanks for the pic bud!

Does the 90 degree throw hit the scope at all? I was nervous about that so bought a Curtis axiom and 18” creed barrel to see how that does on hogs with fast follow up shots

The lens looks like it should have an eye cup. Did you take it off for pics? If it has one, is it a shuttered eye cup? I hate how the trijicon units eye piece always falls off. Drives me crazy.

The lens looks like it should have an eye cup. Did you take it off for pics? If it has one, is it a shuttered eye cup? I hate how the trijicon units eye piece always falls off. Drives me crazy.

Wrap the eyeup to lens focus ring with electric tape that’s how I do the ReapIR,Patrol and MK III never lost one since.

Reactions: jojotheclown
Yes I took it off.....it has a pvs14 eyepiece so shuttered Eye cups and Open Rubber Eye cups fit it. I just usually dont use them.

Reactions: jojotheclown
Could you explain the upcoming LPMR-T, advantages? Im guessing its a digital recorder? Thanks

Yes, the LPMR interfaces with the eye-piece accessory ring and uses a high def camera to record off the screen. It does have a small arm that protrudes slightly down between your eye and the eye-piece but it disappears when you adjust your eye relief. it is under 2 ounces and has an on-board microphone. Uses any standard usb battery pack for power and records to a Micro SD up to 128gb. The main advantage is the ability to record off the screen instead of using the degraded video out associated with the BAE sensors. You do have to crop the recorded video a little since the screen is so small but if you're looking for the highest resolution video solution for the HALO this is the answer.....and I will say that I have yet to find a DVR solution that lasts me more than a couple of months for under $1200.

Reactions: TKO
Does anyone know if any of the reticles scale with digital zoom to make them "front-focal plane"? I liked this feature on the pulsars for making further shots. Not that any of the reticles are great for holds it at least helps give a point of reference.

Also, how long can you do with NUCing the device? My Pulsars seemed to need it more often than the trijicon units, but the internal shutter made it so painless. I know the HALOs are manual NUC so it would be nice if they didn't need it as often.

I upgraded my order to a 50mm LR, figured it was worth the extra expense. I ordered from Nightvision Guys but my brother ordered from Huey and his is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Hoping mine will be in late this week or early next week?

Anyone get their HALO LR in? I was told mine was going to ship early this week but haven't received anything yet.

@DownRangeThermal Does the LPMR interfere with your vision when looking through the scope?
It could if you did not adjust your head slightly or did not snug up on the optic. It is in the upper zone and since the screen is small and a ways in there it is easy to make it disappear completely. It really has to be used to fully understand unfortunately. I don't even notice it anymore. It probably wont be for everyone because there is a little post-editing like cropping that must be done to enlarge the small screen/video but it is the only way to get a true 1080 color correct video of the BAE cores without a cell phone or dslr adapter. The LPMR really shines as a NV recording device but, as you can see, there have been some tweaks to get it to perform very well with the Thermal devices on the upcoming -T model.

Took out my HALO 25mm today to sight it in on my scar and DDMK18 pisto.l.. and man this thing is nice. Once I got familiar with the controls, I found that I was faster with these than the trijicon REAP-IR. Glad I went with this optic over the REAP. The picture that I have here looks so much better in person.

Attachments

• IMG_7739.JPG
    IMG_7739.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Reactions: TKO
Held off on 640 forever, but the Halo is my entry point putting order in this morning got a report from a buddy who promptly dumped his REAP 60. Between the 5 year vs 3 warranty and price point + his eval I figured that was enough!

Held off on 640 forever, but the Halo is my entry point putting order in this morning got a report from a buddy who promptly dumped his REAP 60. Between the 5 year vs 3 warranty and price point + his eval I figured that was enough!
You’ll love it I promise you. I use to have a Trijicon REAP 35mm and this to my eye produces a cleaner image along with superior image adjustments. It’s just an all around Better optic on about every level.

You’ll love it I promise you. I use to have a Trijicon REAP 35mm and this to my eye produces a cleaner image along with superior image adjustments. It’s just an all around Better optic on about every level.
I think so too and you and my buddy feel the same. He has been thermal hunting forever back when it was $15k just to get into the game and for what we would consider marginal quality today. He is just blown away with the performance he rolled a coyote first night out and sent me the vid was better than my tv!

Last edited: