• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Halo XRF Issues. Best replacement for long range?

It’s really too bad nvision has chosen to use their customer base as their r&d department rather than do it themselves. Not one person I know that actually uses their stuff a lot and isn’t getting free shit from them has had good things to say. Most I know have sold their halos and moved on. My hunting partner unfortunately has not sold his halo lr and after 2 years of trying to get it working right he is now sending it back for repairs/replacement for the 9th time and they still are claiming it’s just bad luck

Reactions: Ksracer and P&Y
I think the XRF customers are the only ones having widespread issues. To me, it seems like their regular units are good but it’s the rangefinder component that doesn’t play well with their thermal unit for some reason. It’s a shame so many are having issues with their XRF models especially because they waited to launch them a while so they should have had everything worked out.

I’ve got a NOX18 and it’s fantastic, never given me issues in handheld, helmet mounted or weapon sight role. To sight in at 50 yds, I was able to use a quarter and it could detect it against cardboard. I’m happy with that (I hit the quarter and called it good btw). I’ve never gotten anything free from NVision, but I wouldn’t say no!

My brother and a few of his buddy’s have nox 18 and 35s running a mix of head mounted and as weapon sights. By all accounts they work great. My brother has been wanting a xrf for a while but his dealer has almost steered him away. Sounds like there’s about a 50% success rate with the xrf’s they’ve sold working like they should. Freezing up and RF issues.

It’s really too bad nvision has chosen to use their customer base as their r&d department rather than do it themselves.
Just turning the units on for 5 minutes in a parking lot seems like it would have caught a significant number of the obvious problems before they were shipped to the dealers for sale.

Just turning the units on for 5 minutes in a parking lot seems like it would have caught a significant number of the obvious problems before they were shipped to the dealers for sale.
That's one hell of an idea! Not to go overboard but just imagine if they took it a step further and put them in the field for a day or two. Mind-blowing