• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Handgun carry permit question

Re: Handgun carry permit question

Most states which allow open carry don't require a license to do so.

Jeans are difficult. Personally, I don't wear them, because I'm old, and sitting on my wallet gave me sciatic nerve problems.

Everything I own has cargo pockets, which is where my wallet goes, including my shorts. I have no trouble carrying a Smith 342 in a pocket holster in the front pocket.

Also, a Hawaiian shirt, untucked, makes a great concealment garment for warm-climate carry.

Ankle carry is also a viable option for jeans in hot weather.

I carry a gun in jeans and a tshirt every day. What's your problem?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a gun in jeans and a tshirt every day. What's your problem?</div></div> Ditto! I use a IWB holster from Galco and an 1 size larger T-shirt in the summer. You could get one of those gay holster fanny packs that say "I have a gun on"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmcsniperone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a gun in jeans and a tshirt every day. What's your problem?</div></div> Ditto! I use a IWB holster from Galco and an 1 size larger T-shirt in the summer. You could get one of those gay holster fanny packs that say "I have a gun on"</div></div>
double ditto - you just have to go one size higher and don't wear clingy T-Shirts.

like to see pictures of these jeans and tee shirt guys. how can you not print?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a gun in jeans and a tshirt every day. What's your problem? </div></div>Perhaps you should be using a holster instead.
laugh.gif

In Ga we have a GFL (Georgia Firearms License), it allows concealed or open carry. A GFL is required for either carry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">like to see pictures of these jeans and tee shirt guys. how can you not print? </div></div>

Maybe I will take a picture. And who cares if you "print"? That's all a bunch of crap. Nobody will ever notice you're carrying a gun if it's IWB.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">like to see pictures of these jeans and tee shirt guys. how can you not print? </div></div>

Maybe I will take a picture. And who cares if you "print"? That's all a bunch of crap. Nobody will ever notice you're carrying a gun if it's IWB.</div></div>

Don't do it Downzero!! your ass will end up in the Hot Girlfriend thread!

I also carry in jeans and t-shirt. I have a cheap ass uncle mikes IWB holster that I soed up to fit the gun tight and carry a 1911A1 full size Springfeild TRP that way. I do have some weight on me it helps the printing of the gun.

AZ just passed a concealed carry law that say NO one needs a CCW anymore. EVERYONE may carry concealed now. Goes into effect in 80 days or so.
I carry a Glock30sf in my waste band held by my belt. Cant see it through a T-shirt unless you KNOW its there and you watch me like a hawk. I can jog/hike with it there no problem, and can draw it fast enough to matter.

I'm in Jackson and I carry in a t shirt and jeans. I wear a "wife beater" under my Crossbreed Supertuck. I use a belt form the Beltman and carry a full sized 1911 with magwell.

Works really well.

Check your state and local laws.
Also be up on them as you may have to explain if it isn't common in your area.
While it may be legal for all to see, it may not be to hide without a permit.

My Glock 30 fits well in the pocket of my cargo shorts, the two spare mags go in the other side. Not as quick as a belt holster but very hard to spot and when it 90 plus degrees it works well.

Can't carry open in Ms. Buy Columbia fishing shirts and wear them open over a t-shirt, that's what I do. You usually have to modify your wardrobe a bit but you get used to it.
PM me if you have any questions, I'm in Jackson.
Patrick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DODGE268</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't carry open in Ms. Buy Columbia fishing shirts and wear them open over a t-shirt, that's what I do. You usually have to modify your wardrobe a bit but you get used to it.
Patrick </div></div>

+1 on the Columbia PFG shirts. I have several.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DODGE268</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't carry open in Ms. Buy Columbia fishing shirts and wear them open over a t-shirt, that's what I do. You usually have to modify your wardrobe a bit but you get used to it.
Patrick </div></div>

This is a lot easier than a t shirt. Do this if you can. I was just making the point that it is possible to do with jeans and a t shirt.

Remember, darker colors and patterns help out.

I'm in NM and carry in jeans and a t-shirt about 50% of the time, the other 45% is shorts and a t, the last little bit is button ups. I am VERY aware of printing and my family and girlfriend are asked semi regularrly if I even have an idea I'm printing. Now, when I feel all buff and wear a formed t-shirt I adjust my mode of carry, but I don't see why this is even an issue.

Not fat, athletic, 215#, 6'3". Come on guys, just watch your movements and you'll be fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a gun in jeans and a tshirt every day. What's your problem? </div></div>Perhaps you should be using a holster instead.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Are you a moron? you think I'd carry a Glock without a holster?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a gun in jeans and a tshirt every day. What's your problem? </div></div>Perhaps you should be using a holster instead.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Are you a moron? you think I'd carry a Glock without a holster? </div></div>

Some people apparently do it regularly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: win70chris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Glock 30 fits well in the pocket of my cargo shorts, the two spare mags go in the other side. Not as quick as a belt holster but very hard to spot and when it 90 plus degrees it works well. </div></div>

I think the smiley after the post was indicative of humor in this case, though.
laugh.gif

A good holster and belt, along with a really large T-shirt makes it easy to not have the gun print. One thing lots of people forget is that the sticky rubber grips on handguns always grab the t-shirt and make the shirt hang up. Use a gun with slick grips.

I find it easy to conceal a Para P-13 with jeans and t-shirt...hawiian shirts are even easier. I'm only 5'8" and 180lbs.

Get a good IWB holster, and a stiff gun belt. Wear an undershirt. Or get a tuckable holster.

I carry a G19 and 2 spare mags in just shorts and a tshirt, damn near every day during the summer... I've yet to have anyone notice,,, I use a CompTac Infidel and a CompTac double mag pouch.. Don't forget a good gun belt, makes more of a difference than you think...

try some different holsters

I carry my 642 in my pocket,(no holster) it dosnt imprint, then again I'm too old for tight jeans, I'm more interested in comfort then my saggy ass looking pretty.

Actually my keys/pocket knife in my other pocket imprint more.

No problem! I carry a 1911 Blackwater .45 fullsize every day with jeans. Try one size larger and an IWB holster. Although alot of states allow open carry it leaves you open to people ignorant of the law which can lead to a brandishing charge . Totally of NO fault of your own.

To be charged with brandishing, you have to be displaying a weapon in a threatening manner. Open carry does not meet the criteria.

I wear tshirt and jeans as my standard uniform and carry a gun all the time. You gotta get a small gun. Period. Not much more to it.

For a holster, use a very, very thin holster, ie a FIST kydex or a cheapy suede deal. Or carry Mexican--empty chamber and full mag. It's not that hard, but if you think you're gonna carry a super thick hand-worked leather "carry" holster with a reinforced mouth for easy re-holstering--forget that idea immediately. Or heavy-ass 1911.

I carry a kahr p9 all the time and a G19 Mexican and I'm average size, fit, don't wear baggy-ass clothes. You just have to forget about what every holster maker tells you to do--those real "nice" expensive leather carry holsters double the thickness of your gun.

A belt makes it much easier to carry mexican style, as mentioned above.

Guys concealed carry is all about working with you body. I pack a full size 1911 in the small of my back while wearing a set of Wranglers and T all the time. Printing is not an issue with this because of how I'm built. Also some other ideas that came out work well the Columbia shirts really are excellent for concealment and really comfortable also.

I'm a bit more aerodynamic than most 40 something folks and the one thing I have found that really helps to cover my 1911 is a belt clip phone holder. I carry in a Bianchi 3S w/ the heavy contoured Bianchi belt aft of my right hip. The phone holder rides just forward of the gun and I bunch the t-shirt up over and behind the phone. It provides a distraction AND bunches the shirt to form "loose" space behind. Just a thunk. OH +1 on Hawaiian shirts, been wearing them since I left the islands, unbuttoned you don't even get a 2nd look. The phone helps there too.

Cheers,

Doc

Doc that is some ingenious info. Though being 23 in a college town I would really stick out in a Hawaiian flower print. Maybe I can start a trend.
But from what I've seen, mostly fellow concealed carriers spot things such as printing. The average citizens will not be aware of a loaded gun in there presence. None the less actively search for one. But if your always checking to see if your printing I consider that "good stress."