• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

Atlas Gunworks Chaos and Erebus

vGGEj2d.jpg

OK! I'll post a couple of them, all my pics. Did I mention I'm a photographer?:

Dan Wesson Guardian .45 ACP - CZ-USA asked me for prints, I was happy to do it:
_DSC2366-cnx-X2.jpg

S&W .45 Colt:
i-NpqTrc5-X2.jpg

Glock 35 later converted to 9mm
i-8vMLWG3-X2.jpg

Sig 238 SAS:
i-rVnwRnc-X2.jpg

Dan Wesson ECO 45 ACP:
i-sNMT8ZZ-X2.jpg

And..... Can't resist going off topic. My goto Quail gun, Vintage 28 gauge Beretta Silver Pigeon - Titled "Night before the hunt":
i-b8L3x9r-X2.jpg

And my favorite Scotch!:
i-znqHPds-X2.jpg

Last edited:
First time shooting my pistols in Covid era.. I think I last shot in Feb or March. My hands are fatigued...going from shooting handguns 2 or 3 times a week to zero for months is brutal. Pistol handling is definitely a perishable skill.

I brought out the Les Baer, G19, and Model 41. After shooting, I cleaned them all and put them back into hibernation, lol.

50707461538_70942ef915_b.jpg

50708222886_5f312de02c_b.jpg

People always ask about the red dot Glock....but I always say my 1911s are my most accurate guns by far. The Les Baer is the king of the roost in my small 1911 stable.

50707479403_5ff18ba28c_b.jpg

Last edited:

_DSC2366-cnx-X2.jpg

S&W .45 Colt:
i-NpqTrc5-X2.jpg

i-8vMLWG3-X2.jpg

Sig 238 SAS:
i-rVnwRnc-X2.jpg

Dan Wesson ECO 45 ACP:
i-sNMT8ZZ-X2.jpg

And..... Can't resist going off topic. My goto Quail gun, Vintage 28 gauge Beretta Silver Pigeon - Titled "Night before the hunt":
i-b8L3x9r-X2.jpg

And my favorite Scotch!:
i-znqHPds-X2.jpg
Fantastic photography...most def professional work!

_DSC2366-cnx-X2.jpg

S&W .45 Colt:
i-NpqTrc5-X2.jpg

i-8vMLWG3-X2.jpg

Sig 238 SAS:
i-rVnwRnc-X2.jpg

Dan Wesson ECO 45 ACP:
i-sNMT8ZZ-X2.jpg

i-b8L3x9r-X2.jpg

And my favorite Scotch!:
i-znqHPds-X2.jpg

OK you win

@JAS-SH - looks like your camera lenses use Schott glass (y)

Thanks, but not quite all of them. My digital SLR system is all Nikon - Japanese glass. This one below uses Schott glass:
i-NqcLsB2-X2.jpg

My 4x5 film system. An Ebony camera in Honduran mahogany and all titanium metal parts. All the lenses on this one are Schott glass APOs :).

This other "lens" uses Russian glass. The Russians make outstanding glass (got that know how from the West Germans). Should see the images I make with this one!:
g_DSC7561.jpg

And I better post a handgun pic to keep the post on topic!

A Glock 27 converted to .357 SIG caliber:
i-GW6q6ff-X2.jpg

Thanks again!

JAS

Last edited:
My newest (and sexiest) handguns. Owned a West German P220 a couple years ago and wasn't impressed, but I had always heard about how nice CZs are to shoot. I can't disagree one bit.

39098526211_48ff47faf0_b.jpg

Drooling here! In my bucket list!!

@JAS-SH

You should definitely post one or two pictures from your personal Hubble telescope.

Another poster in the pit made a thread about spotting satellites......perhaps some high res color of Musks space Tesla?

With safeties. I like that. I split my time between Glocks and 1911 types and I'm always swiping the left side of the Glocks with my thumb!

With safeties. I like that. I split my time between Glocks and 1911 types and I'm always swiping the left side of the Glocks with my thumb!

I shoot more striker guns with no safety. Ive trained with them.

I often carry a 1911. I shoot these very static and I think thats a failing on my part.

Next week I have a class and I am interested to see how it goes safety wise.

Is weird though I have shot the 1911 enough that once it goes in hand brain says "Safety".

Ill see if that works under "stress".

My bigger concern is reapplying the safety when holstering.

I’m a fan of thumb safeties, especially on striker guns going in and out of a holster. I also find that I shoot them a lot better one handed with my thumb on the safety. I think it’s the pressure I put on it tends to firm my grip from movement as I pull the trigger.

Nothing crazy but two of my favorite range blasters. Hillariously, I've more malfunctions with my USP (6) than my STI (3) over 2-3k rounds. Both have been phenomenal for my uses. However, I found after carrying the sti in a carbine class that every beadblasted part on that gun will rust almost instantly. So, I got to spend some quality time attacking it with a scouring pad.
20191123_163232.jpg
20190804_213222.jpg

Another one for you all. I was surprised how the recoil on this thing is so stout with the Grizzly loads. It's a really quick, sharp pulse - even makes my hand hurt. And I've never had that happen not even with the big revolver cartridges out now on the big scoped revolvers. I think the Redhawk is just a lot lighter and so a lot more recoil. I carry this when hog hunting in our palmetto scrub low country and when I do photography in high country bear woods.

i-rVRVs4H-X3.jpg

@308pirate

Do you have any level 1/3 Safariland holsters (ALS/SLS) that fit your P10? I hear they will fit similar sized Glock holsters.

@308pirate

Do you have any level 1/3 Safariland holsters (ALS/SLS) that fit your P10? I hear they will fit similar sized Glock holsters.

No sir all my holsters are either for concealment or for sport, so their only retention is molding.

Gottcha. Reason I ask is that my level 2 retention holster from Red Hill Tactical was slow in releasing the retention at a training event this week, I think due sub freezing temps mixed with fine rain. Going to test it against a Safariland I have this weekend. May or may not need to find a Safariland assuming it wins the testing. As much as I love carrying my Shadow 2 on duty, I'm not betting my life on a holster that will not reliably deactivate when needed.

So far I'm looking at a P320 XFull, G17, or a Staccato P for Safariland retention holster if my RHT chokes during testing.

I'll see if I can post testing results. Going to chill the holsters, spray them with water mist, and put them on a shot timer.

Another one for you all. I was surprised how the recoil on this thing is so stout with the Grizzly loads. It's a really quick, sharp pulse - even makes my hand hurt. And I've never had that happen not even with the big revolver cartridges out now on the big scoped revolvers. I think the Redhawk is just a lot lighter and so a lot more recoil. I carry this when hog hunting in our palmetto scrub low country and when I do photography in high country bear woods.

i-rVRVs4H-X3.jpg
I'm sure it would be fun to shoot with "normal" .45 Colt loads. With the stout Grizzly loads, it is something for carrying a lot "just in case".

Nightstand gun/range fun! The wife loves the P07!

Attachments

• D3851648-7C15-4D19-91F4-04155D22D791.jpeg
    D3851648-7C15-4D19-91F4-04155D22D791.jpeg
    874.9 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Longshot231
Well, good news, my CZ S2 holsters from RHT performed flawlessly in my freezing test. Froze the holsters overnight with water droplets to mimic freezing rain. Took them out of freezer, and sprayed them down with more water. Retention on both RHT and the one ALS Safariland holster deactivated as designed. Seems like it just needed to break in. No need to buy another Safariland specific handgun.

On the other hand, I don’t have a justifiable reason to buy another handgun!

Reactions: TrevK