• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

I find the luger particularly interesting and complicated. Have been involved in drafting and desing through the age of drafting boards into CAD and now 3d solid modeling makes you appreciate the art here that much more! Did you know that two Lugers were made in 45 ACP for US army trials before they aopted the 1911? Its an interesting story if you have some time.

Yes, I did read that two were submitted in .45 ACP. Think of what they would be worth now.

This is for the pistolero who has everything but wants a Luger in .45 ACP. According to this gentleman's website, he is also making them in 10 mm.

I wonder how these would sell if someone would reproduce broom-handle Mauser pistols in .45 ACP.

Someone in the UK started to manufacture the Webley MK VI in .357 magnum. I don't think it went anywhere. When I first read about it, I discovered that the cost was more than I could afford. Then he stopped making them. I got that same feeling when the hottest girl in town would flirt with me only to be a tease.

Seven - count them - seven rounds!

Anderson-Wheeler-Mark-VII-.357-Magnum-Revolver-anderson_wheeler-8.jpg

I have one of these. There is something about having a break-open revolver in 45 caliber.

15786479_1.jpg

Ashamed... I bought a new, proper mold for my .455 Webley, two... three years ago? Still haven't cast a single bullet. But then I haven't done all that much of anything shooting wise the last two years, relatively speaking.

WebleysBWWordWEB.jpg

Another "some day" is decent pictures of things with up to date cameras.

Yes, I did read that two were submitted in .45 ACP. Think of what they would be worth now.

This is for the pistolero who has everything but wants a Luger in .45 ACP. According to this gentleman's website, he is also making them in 10 mm.

I wonder how these would sell if someone would reproduce broom-handle Mauser pistols in .45 ACP.

Someone in the UK started to manufacture the Webley MK VI in .357 magnum. I don't think it went anywhere. When I first read about it, I discovered that the cost was more than I could afford. Then he stopped making them. I got that same feeling when the hottest girl in town would flirt with me only to be a tease.

Seven - count them - seven rounds!

Anderson-Wheeler-Mark-VII-.357-Magnum-Revolver-anderson_wheeler-8.jpg

I have one of these. There is something about having a break-open revolver in 45 caliber.

15786479_1.jpg

Very cool!

Reactions: Longshot231
I want one of the non-MIM / internal lock variants; there is a 610-1 4" unfluted cylinder on Gunbroker currently, but it has some ejector rod guard surface issues.

Heres some balance for you. Not 15k though. The tape on the grip has since fallen off, but there is still some on the top part of the frame Has been upgraded with Dawson sights since this picture as well, I hated the issued Trijicons.
0FBBC96D-A4E8-4987-814B-561D39EE11D5.jpeg

I have a few, but this one always makes it to the range. Everyone that shoots it loves it.

Ruger MK IV 22/45 frame
All Volquartsen Internals and Grips
Maddmacs Precision Tactical 2" XBAR SR upper
Skeletonized and lightened bolt (done by Jason at Maddmacs)with VQ reduced power recoil spring
Nikon SPUR on Maddmacs Precision Tactical optic mount
Form 1 can re-cored by Nick at ECCO Machine and Fabrication

LsBcCC8.jpg

ZCItKkO.jpg
That lightened bolt. Was that something he did as a one off or was it only offered bc you have his upper? That’s what I need done to run cci quiets in my lite

This is not mine but I wish it was; different versions of the FK-Brno. Does anyone have any experience with this pistol? Is it as good as the reviews and videos say it is?

iu

iu

iu

iu

That lightened bolt. Was that something he did as a one off or was it only offered bc you have his upper? That’s what I need done to run cci quiets in my lite
You'd honestly need to contact Jason and ask him, as I'm not sure. Mine will not cycle CCI quiets BTW.

What's the barrel length? ½"?
Mine is very similar, and it's a 2.5" barrel.

You'd honestly need to contact Jason and ask him, as I'm not sure. Mine will not cycle CCI quiets BTW.

Mine is very similar, and it's a 2.5" barrel.
That is good to know! Seems voquartsen made an aluminum bolt back in the day that cycled them, but they don’t make it anymore. Very nice mark IV you’ve got

Reactions: HPIguy
Just acquired this “used” never fired outside the factory revolver.

This is a handsome example of the Smith & Wesson Model 24-3 3” .44 Special, bright blue with original box, papers, tools and factory shipped Lew Horton Distributor Goncalo Alves (tiger wood) combat grips, case-colored hammer and smooth face trigger. Not particularly a fan of wood "Combat" grips. Inspector sticker still adhered to the grip.

This legacy styled revolver was introduced in 1905. Almost 50 years of mfg. iterations resulted in it being known as the Fourth Hand Ejector Target Model. 1950 sales were dismal—a mere 244 copies were sold during its first three years of production. It recoiled too much for the target shooters of the day, and with a 6 1/2" barrel it was quite a burden for most law enforcement officers. The only thing that saved the Model 1950 was Elmer Keith and his incessant ranting about his heavy .44 field loads. The .44 Mag. was introduced in 1956, thus putting another nail into the Model 1950’s coffin. In 1957 the model number system took over Smith & Wesson’s product line and the Model 1950 became known as the Model 24. Sales sputtered along thru 1966; finally, the Model 24 was discontinued.

In the 1970s, a New Mexico gun writer , Skeeter Skelton, touted the virtues of the .44 Spl. cartridge Model 24 revolver. He recommended the accuracy and controllability of handloaded .44 Spl. cartridges in a lighter, easier-to-pack revolver than the .44 Mag. The Model 24 was re-introduced in 1983. Lew Horton, the Massachusetts distributor commissioned a special run of 1,000 (1984-1986) Combat Model 24’s with 3" barrels on the K-frame- sized round butt.

IMG_2344Smith & Wesson Model 24-3 Lew Horton Delivered 03.07.22 copy.jpg
IMG_2346Smith & Wesson Model 24-3 Lew Horton Delivered 03.07.22 copy.jpg

Last edited:
I want a MK23 so bad... I've just got a "poor man's MK23" (German-production HK45 Tactical).
The German made HK45 Tactical is a very nice and accurate pistol, I have two of them.
Hopefully you can find at MK23, Cheers mate.

Reactions: FuhQ
I want a MK23 so bad... I've just got a "poor man's MK23" (German-production HK45 Tactical).

Most of the H&K MK23's on the market are MARK 23 re-productions with some trigger improvements. The Original Mk23 is quite unusual to find in great condition. I am looking as well. They are Desert Eagle sized.

Most of the H&K MK23's on the market are MARK 23 re-productions with some trigger improvements. The Original Mk23 is quite unusual to find in great condition. I am looking as well. They are Desert Eagle sized.
Yeah, I know... I've been wanting one since I was 16.....20 years ago. We used to sell them at the gun store. Back then they were like $1,300. And that was considered quite expensive for a semi-auto pistol. LOL

Hollywood Quiet! This is literally a close to "hollywood quiet" as you can get. You only hear the action cycling and the cases hitting the bench & floor. It's insane! New video testing the CCI Standard Velocity 1070 FPS to see if it will reliably cycle in my custom 1911 .22LR suppressed, and it's flawless! That means that every .22LR I own loves the CCI SV ammo. This just made my life SO much easier, knowing I only have to buy 1 type of subsonic ammo from now on. 👍🏼

Hollywood Quiet! This is literally a close to "hollywood quiet" as you can get. You only hear the action cycling and the cases hitting the bench & floor. It's insane! New video testing the CCI Standard Velocity 1070 FPS to see if it will reliably cycle in my custom 1911 .22LR suppressed, and it's flawless! That means that every .22LR I own loves the CCI SV ammo. This just made my life SO much easier, knowing I only have to buy 1 type of subsonic ammo from now on. 👍🏼

Been debating that for my colt 1911-22

Do it... There's just a certain cool factor to a full-size 1911 with a .22LR conversion. And the pinned (non-articulating) barrel design is really quiet and accurate. 👍🏼 I regularly shoot 5" challenge tree gongs @ 50 yards with irons with that setup. Not as accurate as if I had a red dot (due to my eyes having some past damage), but still more accurate than just about any practical thing you would really need to use a handgun for. Because of it's accuracy, I'm thinking about having the slide milled and put a Holosun HS407 or 507 on top of it for some really impressive LR pistol shooting (50-100 yards).

Reactions: TurboTrout
Do it... There's just a certain cool factor to a full-size 1911 with a .22LR conversion. And the pinned (non-articulating) barrel design is really quiet and accurate. 👍🏼 I regularly shoot 5" challenge tree gongs @ 50 yards with irons with that setup. Not as accurate as if I had a red dot (due to my eyes having some past damage), but still more accurate than just about any practical thing you would really need to use a handgun for. Because of it's accuracy, I'm thinking about having the slide milled and put a Holosun HS407 or 507 on top of it for some really impressive LR pistol shooting (50-100 yards).

I put some Dawson precision sights on mine, fiber front and blackout rear, they are accurate little guns for sure

What’s the slide material made from on that kimber 22?

I have the Walther Colt 1911-22 and put a suppressor on it. I didn't like it for a host weapon for the suppressor.

The first problem was that the suppressor wanted come unscrewed as well as the barrel adapter. That adapter was also a little PITA to take off to clean the pistol.

The first time that I noticed the suppressor coming unscrewed was when there was also some baffle strikes.

When I got the suppressor back with new baffles, I used Vibra-Tite on everything. That made it a bit messy. I could still disassemble the pistol but still a PITA.

The same adapter also works on my Berretta 21A. Although I must admit that the cool factor on that little pistol goes through the roof when it's suppressed.

I have a couple of Browning Buckmark pistols that, IMHO, make better host weapons for a suppressor than a 1911-22.

The Buckmarks don't have the 1911 type slide to contend with. Even though the barrel on the 1911-22 is fixed, the adapter is the weak point in the entire assembly.

So I now shoot the 1911-22 with ear plugs.

I put some Dawson precision sights on mine, fiber front and blackout rear, they are accurate little guns for sure

What’s the slide material made from on that kimber 22?
The frame is a TLE/RL-II .45 frame, so it's solid steel, the Pike Arms barrel is stainless, and the slide is aluminum. That's why the last round doesn't hold the slide open...They don't want that aluminum notch wearing-out from hitting the steel slide-stop.

I have the Walther Colt 1911-22 and put a suppressor on it. I didn't like it for a host weapon for the suppressor.

The first problem was that the suppressor wanted come unscrewed as well as the barrel adapter. That adapter was also a little PITA to take off to clean the pistol.

The first time that I noticed the suppressor coming unscrewed was when there was also some baffle strikes.

When I got the suppressor back with new baffles, I used Vibra-Tite on everything. That made it a bit messy. I could still disassemble the pistol but still a PITA.

The same adapter also works on my Berretta 21A. Although I must admit that the cool factor on that little pistol goes through the roof when it's suppressed.

I have a couple of Browning Buckmark pistols that, IMHO, make better host weapons for a suppressor than a 1911-22.

The Buckmarks don't have the 1911 type slide to contend with. Even though the barrel on the 1911-22 is fixed, the adapter is the weak point in the entire assembly.

So I now shoot the 1911-22 with ear plugs.
My suppressor has never come loose, but my barrel is a custom built 1-piece...There is no adapter. The whole barrel is CNC machined from solid bar-stock, from crown to chamber. It's the ONLY way to go with a 1911 .22LR. 👍🏼

Contact Pike Arms or Jarvis...They can probably make you a custom 1-piece threaded barrel for your 1911-22.

Reactions: Longshot231
My suppressor has never come loose, but my barrel is a custom built 1-piece...There is no adapter. The whole barrel is CNC machined from solid bar-stock, from crown to chamber. It's the ONLY way to go with a 1911 .22LR. 👍🏼

Contact Pike Arms or Jarvis...They can probably make you a custom 1-piece threaded barrel for your 1911-22.

That sounds like a good set up. Where did you get it and what's the manufacturer? I could probably look back through the thread for that information but too lazy right now:)

EDIT: Never mind. I watched the video again. Very nice.

That sounds like a good set up. Where did you get it and what's the manufacturer? I could probably look back through the thread for that information but too lazy right now:)

EDIT: Never mind. I watched the video again. Very nice.
Every view helps... Feel free to watch and enjoy it as many times as you want. 👍🏼 😂

Every view helps... Feel free to watch and enjoy it as many times as you want. 👍🏼 😂

Thanks but that's like someone asking me if I'd watch his hot-super-model wife do a striptease. I can watch but no touchy.

I hate you.

• Haha
The frame is a TLE/RL-II .45 frame, so it's solid steel, the Pike Arms barrel is stainless, and the slide is aluminum. That's why the last round doesn't hold the slide open...They don't want that aluminum notch wearing-out from hitting the steel slide-stop.

The slide on the colt 1911-22 is Al with a lock back, I was wondering about that, only thing I’ve done is I don’t drop the slide with the release for that reason.

Last edited:
The slide on the colt 1911-22 is Al as elk but lock back, I was wondering about that, only thing I’ve done is I don’t drop the slide with the release for that reason.
I'll drop the slide with the slide-stop on occasion, but out of habit, I mostly just reach up and pull it back and let it run home, like you saw in the video. That extra distance backwards just gives it a little extra spring power pushing the new round in securely. 👍🏼