• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

Brings up a question some one may be able to advise me on. I shoot to the left with every pistol I own. Since its all of them I know its me and not them. What is a likely cause of that? I use the finger tip and a good grip. Maybe a slight flinch in expectation of recoil that Im not noticing?
Usually anticipation/flinch/bad trigger control. Usually if you can fix the trigger issue, the other can be fixed with reps. I’d recommend focusing hard on dry fire. Consult the works from Ben Stoeger and similar shooters.

... I use the finger tip and a good grip. ...
Using the finger tip could well push the muzzle to the side.
The finger should be placed so that it is natural to pull/press the trigger straight back. For me, depending on gun, that means either the pad of the finger, or in some cases the first joint.

Reactions: Modoc and Maggot
Using the finger tip could well push the muzzle to the side.
The finger should be placed so that it is natural to pull/press the trigger straight back. For me, depending on gun, that means either the pad of the finger, or in some cases the first joint.
By finger tip I meant pad, but I'll do some experimenting.

Reactions: perttime
Just in. Chinese Tokarev bring back. No import marks.
IMG_2593.jpeg
IMG_2594.jpeg

Still technically a handgun... 😏

Making progress on my MP5 (SP5)...

Current Mods:

- Safety Harbor Firearms KES aluminum collapsable tailpiece (It is SUPER NICE! Tight fit, no play, extremely sturdy, nice finish...Highly recommend. 👍🏼)

- GearHead Works Tailhook Mod1c (compact) aluminum brace (also super nice quality and fit & finish)

- Dakota Tactical (D-Tac) MLOK handguard (excellent fit & finish, nice unit)

- MFI MP5 Extended Length pic rail for optic (a bit weird getting it squared-up on top, but once you use a set of levels it's a breeze)

- Rugged Obsidian 45 w/ Rugged 9mm Tri-Lug adapter (apparently they offer 2 different models and the 9mm model is made to fit the MP5 like a glove...Which is does).

- Optic... Haven't decided, but most likely a Holosun 510, like I have on my other "pistols". I really like the Holosuns, they're great red dots.

- Ammo... Federal LE HST 147gr Subsonic (for home defense), and Federal American Eagle 147gr Flat Point Subsonics for plinking/range.

*** Also bought a JMac Customs 1913 MP5 tailpiece incase I decide to run an AB8R (brace) & 1913 side-folder setup on it. Still debating on the SBR stamp or not. I kind of like the tailhook brace, and it's very sturdy and is really comfortable. Also, it gets treated like a handgun, and not an NFA item, so easier to tote around concealed in the vehicle without harassment.

IMG_5349.jpeg
IMG_5350.jpeg

where I can get a holster as sexy as this?
It came with the pistol when I bought it.

No markings that I have seen
I bought it at least 40 years ago.

It is showing it's age.
Needs some sewing done on the liner and would soak up some oil for sure

A. UBERTI AND C. GARDONE VT ITALY Cattleman .357 mag Serial # B4xxx
I was a young man when I bought it and I believe it was an old man at that time.
I would like to know the year of mfg but have been unlucky in my internet searches
View attachment 8372052
View attachment 8372053
Not sure when a B4 is from
572bcb5335089035327de516ab64d53a.png

But you can contact Uberti for a serial number lookup, is one of the selections:

Nice looking rig!

Reactions: sandhiller
How clear is the serial on the Uberti?
Is it possible that there is a letter instead of the number 4?
There is usually a 2 character date code besides the serial. The clarity of them does seem to be variable.

Reactions: sandhiller
There is usually a 2 character date code besides the serial. The clarity of them does seem to be variable.

Guess I was hung up on using the serial #, but I'll bet this is it and dates it to 1964.
Not as old as I thought but am very glad to know
Thank you sir!

U&G date code.jpg

Reactions: sawman556
Actually, that's never bothered me. It seems to me that it attracts my attention even more. There's something to it
thx
Adds character
I like old things that were taken care of better than new things
Wife does too only she wishes I'd have taken better care of myself :D

• Haha
Reactions: oldrifleman
I'm kinda rifle/scope poor, so I just have this Sig M17 dressed up a bit...Pistols ain't really my thing, but in today's world, this will do me just fine. It shoots 2.5" 10 shot groups at 25 yards with my 124/147g XTP handloads.

20240324_151430.jpg

Once you go black....
I am located in HSV if you ever want to go shoot. your avatar is funny.

I normally post on the CZ site but here are some of my favs.

1. The Cmore sighted one is an SP-01 that fully cajuned and put a threaded barrel on to shoot open major - still working on the comp - I sold an S2 to build it
  2. CZ97 before it was converted to SAO - still carry another stock 97
  3. Current Fav - my very first CZ - 75B isralie surplus poor condition - fully rebuilt cajuned/SAO fitted the A-01 slide that I bought used and plopped a new Holosun on it. Planning to shoot LO with it some this season.
  4. Ruger Black Grand Mamba build - TK kraken lower, MadMaccs 16" barrel vol bolt and trigger with rifle scope. I made a case for it with an old tennis bag
  5. Ruger MkII 10" that I found at a gun show on my birthday - MkIIs are "Tha Best"...
  6. Ruger Mk4 10" scoped
  7. Group pic in the back of the '78 Bronco on "Choot 'em all" range day
Have a great week - spew the pew!

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    626 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230907_105249.jpg
    20230907_105249.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • 20211020_093156.jpg
    20211020_093156.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210821_185339.jpg
    20210821_185339.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 40
  • czHolosun.jpg
    czHolosun.jpg
    870.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210329_142256.jpg
    20210329_142256.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210321_163522.jpg
    20210321_163522.jpg
    684.2 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: mi650 and MadDuner
Finally got the new Holosun SCRS-MRS installed on the ADM QD low mount (for 509T - same footprint), and got it battle zero’d @ 100 this weekend. This MP5 is a little tack-driver at 100… Popping 5” gongs every time that I do my part.

IMG_5721.jpeg
IMG_5643.jpeg
IMG_5646.jpeg

Got quite a few more but new phone and havent been able to transfer the other ~20 ish pics of my other pistols.
Shown is my Sig 227 Elite with my first F1 pistol can before i started making my own boosters.

Then the VP9-LB with one of the first batch long slide kits that came through prior to the VP9LB Match version - god I was foolish to drop almost as much on that slide as I did the gun itself.

Then my S&W XVR .460 Smith i got in a trade for a W.Ger 220 that had seen better days.
Finally a Gen 4 G19 C i picked up as I was looking for a cheap pistol for a carry piece instead of the USP Expert or P2k that isnt as easy to replace.

Attachments

• 38BA2937-8783-4E9E-8AD8-C5A30FE0D16F.jpeg
    38BA2937-8783-4E9E-8AD8-C5A30FE0D16F.jpeg
    952.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2195.jpeg
    IMG_2195.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 32
Got quite a few more but new phone and havent been able to transfer the other ~20 ish pics of my other pistols.
Shown is my Sig 227 Elite with my first F1 pistol can before i started making my own boosters.

Then the VP9-LB with one of the first batch long slide kits that came through prior to the VP9LB Match version - god I was foolish to drop almost as much on that slide as I did the gun itself.

Then my S&W XVR .460 Smith i got in a trade for a W.Ger 220 that had seen better days.
Finally a Gen 4 G19 C i picked up as I was looking for a cheap pistol for a carry piece instead of the USP Expert or P2k that isnt as easy to replace.
That .460 Smith appears to be quite the beast... good polar bear medicine I reckon.

-LD