• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

D4BD8224-5FE0-4A01-8400-6F837A452BC9.jpeg

I have a few Woodsmans to. My favorite Series is the 2nd because of the push button mag release. They also come with extra back straps. I don't have the 1st Series Match Target. Can't find one cheap enough in a condition I'd be happy with.

I have a few Woodsmans to. My favorite Series is the 2nd because of the push button mag release. They also come with extra back straps. I don't have the 1st Series Match Target. Can't find one cheap enough in a condition I'd be happy with.

First Series Bulleye Match Targets in good shape are getting harder to locate. I have a standing offer made for a NIB MT thats marked “U.S. Property“ , issued to the Navy in 1941 , manufactured in 1938. It has correct plastic grips versus Elephant Ear grips. Can tell it’s correct because there’s no hole in the front strap , where the EE’s attach/screw in... I’ve owned approximately 30 First Series Woodsmans, only series I’m really familiar with.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Hopefully one day I'll luck up and find one on GB. Most of my best buys have come with the Buy Now feature where someone puts a really low price on something.

First range trip today. I put 60-80 rounds through it. It shot very well no issues at all.

Maybe they got their problems fixed. I'd get one but am eye-balling a new scope.

If it wasn't for that, I'd probably get a Sig P210. Don't tell me anymore. It would only bankrupt me.

Smith & Wesson U.S. Army Model 1917. Being able to shoot both 45 ACP or 45 LC is really cool !👍View attachment 7403618

You brought a tear to my eye when I saw the photo. Sadly I had to sell mine when I was married to Medusa.

When I read your statement you brought on a flood of tears and I'm bawling like a baby. I never knew that it could shoot .45 Colt:cry:

I assumed it would , I might be totally wrong. Took it in trade , went in safe.
The 45 ACP required half-moon clips. Think it was 45 Auto Rim, designed to be fired in revolvers originally chambered for 45 ACP.

596D18B0-D344-41EF-AD85-FF172C6A74CD.jpeg

Last edited:
You are correct ! I basically had a brain-fart 🤯 ! Would be hard locating 45 Auto Rims in my neck of the woods.
Its a safe queen now , just really dig weapons that were former “ United States Property “ .
Both S&W and Colt made them, the Colts are more desirable and pricier.

Colt Single Action Army in .38-40 caliber. Purchased by my Granddad in New Mexico in 1917 , same year it was manufactured. Wasn’t a safe queen , he carried it with him everywhere I am told.
Have the Colt Letter and the original receipt . It cost him $ 17.50 !! My daughter will make it a Forth
AA998F7A-3413-44DC-B5C9-C942A4C0D2CB.jpeg
generation Colt. Shes also a shooter and knows the value.

Colt Single Action Army in .38-40 caliber. Purchased by my Granddad in New Mexico in 1917 , same year it was manufactured. Wasn’t a safe queen , he carried it with him everywhere I am told.
Have the Colt Letter and the original receipt . It cost him $ 17.50 !! My daughter will make it a ForthView attachment 7404263 generation Colt. Shes also a shooter and knows the value.

More pics please.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
You are correct ! I basically had a brain-fart 🤯 ! Would be hard locating 45 Auto Rims in my neck of the woods.
Its a safe queen now , just really dig weapons that were former “ United States Property “ .
Both S&W and Colt made them, the Colts are more desirable and pricier.

I feel better now. I still miss my 1917 but the remorse would have been worse if it could chamber .45 Colt.

I have a Ruger Redhawk that chambers both .45 ACP and .45 Colt. It sucks with the .45 ACP but amazing with .45 Colt.

Did a little work on my Springfield Loaded 9mm. I put a round wilson combat 1 peice flared magwell, extended slide release, and G10 grips. I blended the magwell on the outside of the frame. Not sure if i am going to coat it or not. The stainless is a little flashy for me but it might grow on me.
20200903_205458.jpg
20200903_205451.jpg
20200903_205524.jpg

Thanks! I’m happy it’ll be passed down to my son some day... and he already likes shooting it.

I have some Colt collector grade weapons , a Single Action Army owned by my Granddad who died before I was born , and my Dads .45 he carried during WW2. He died when I was 2 in a car wreck . I have one daughter thats’ 35 now , she’s been shooting since 9-10 years old.
She sees the Colts as probably money for her eventually versus keeping as Heirlooms😞
It’s extra Cool that your son will own your .45 someday ! Your a good parent passing on weapons and the skills to handle them 👍

I have some Colt collector grade weapons , a Single Action Army owned by my Granddad who died before I was born , and my Dads .45 he carried during WW2.

Now those are some true family heirlooms! I hope your daughter will keep them in the family.

Reactions: Sandhog308
Reactions: Punkur67