• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hands free camera

Seuss

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2001
York, PA USA mostly
Am indulging my almost 16 yr old son for his birthday, he wants a camera to mount on his airsoft helmet, he's a great kid so I'll bite, any ideas, something that'll last more than a day or two?
Thanks gentlemen.

Re: Hands free camera

Either the Contour HD or GoPro Hero 2 HD...can't go wrong with either.

I have been looking att the contour that is what I would recomend as the gopro sticks up really high and wouldnt be ideal if you were trying to not be seen.

I have the gopro and it is great on my boat, but it does have a high profile, and may not be the best fit for your application.

Alternitivly They also have those I KAM sunglasses that have a built in camera.
Just an idea

I have the Contour HD, there are some pros and cons to it. It is slim, lightweight and versatile in the mounting positions and etc.
One thing it is picky with data, you need to format the card in the camera, hooked to the computer after each day of use.

Here is one of my older videos wearing one.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obcgPlYi0qg

I have a gopro. I love it, its a great little camera.

Contour HD that's what I use in the bedroom... er um I mean when I ride the motorcycle