• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hands-on opinion of Impact Titan titanium action?

ohiofarmer

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 3, 2002
    Central Ohio
    I’m sure someone on here has one of Impact Precision’s Titan titanium actions, and, I’d be curious to hear your impressions? I’ve had other titanium actions (not a LonePeak which I’ve heard are smooth) and have never been terribly impressed. Anything you can share would be appreciate. Thank you

One more time. Anyone have one?
    Have one -- literally one of the first off the line -- SN is <10. I really like it, though I do not have the steel action to compare to.

It is very lightweight (my Vudoo trainer is heavier than the centerfire Titan rifle) and the action is smooth. My points of comparison are my main rifle, an AI AX (it is not that smooth) and a Ruger RPR (not hard to be at least a bit smoother).

20200111_140129.jpg

Have one -- literally one of the first off the line -- SN is <10. I really like it, though I do not have the steel action to compare to.

It is very lightweight (my Vudoo trainer is heavier than the centerfire Titan rifle) and the action is smooth. My points of comparison are my main rifle, an AI AX (it is not that smooth) and a Ruger RPR (not hard to be at least a bit smoother).

View attachment 7249049

Good looking rifle! What barrel did you go with?

I’m sure someone on here has one of Impact Precision’s Titan titanium actions, and, I’d be curious to hear your impressions? I’ve had other titanium actions (not a LonePeak which I’ve heard are smooth) and have never been terribly impressed. Anything you can share would be appreciate. Thank you

What are you planning on using it for? A low volume shooting hunting rifle?

I really wanted one of these but couldn’t get in the first order.
    Now I hope they just offer the same port cut on a steel action.

View attachment 7249049
    What's going on with that trigger?

I don’t have the Impact, but I do have the Lone Peak razor in steel and titanium. My steel only has the nitrited bolt & my titanium has both receiver and bolt nitrided. The ‘feel’ of the titanium is slightly better to me, but it could also be mental.

I know it’s not what you asked about, but both have been great actions so far & the LPA might be worth looking at.

I don’t have the Impact, but I do have the Lone Peak razor in steel and titanium. My steel only has the nitrited bolt & my titanium has both receiver and bolt nitrided. The ‘feel’ of the titanium is slightly better to me, but it could also be mental.

I know it’s not what you asked about, but both have been great actions so far & the LPA might be worth looking at.
    Same here, same experience. Next to my older steel Proof action (Defiance), my LPAs are the smoothest actions I have owned.