• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Hanshon Brothers Comparative Testing Q Full Nelson & CGS Group Hyperion

HVT1

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2018
Well, for better or worse, here are the test results. I hope we see more testing of the KG Rogue 30, EA VOX, Rugged Surge & Razor 762, Q Half Nelson, etc..

Suppressed_Nation

Last edited:
Why does the one suppressor seem to get louder with each shot & the other seems to stay the same?
Wouldn't it normally be expected for all the shots to be similar sound levels on both suppressors?

Reactions: HVT1
Still not seeing 14Db quieter than the Omega ;)

Thanks for the test, would love to see more in the future.

Hansohn Brothers posted on page 3 of the "Welding Titanium" thread that the Hyperion they had was a 6.5 bore. Was curious if that was the case for this test or if they got a 30cal to compare.

Hansohn Brothers posted on page 3 of the "Welding Titanium" thread that the Hyperion they had was a 6.5 bore. Was curious if that was the case for this test or if they got a 30cal to compare.

Nope, the CGS was a 6.5, I was there.

Reactions: Bender
Q lost, thanks for the fair test

And if the Q had a 6.5 bore, I think it would have been a tossup. Personally, if I am buying a rifle can, I want to be able to do say 6.5 and .30. Of course, there is a dark horse in the running...;)

Do you think that skewed results any? What's the typical sound reduction for a 6.5 bore vs 30? Didn't TBAC test that at one point?

Either way, the Q can wasn't bad but didn't seem to be all that quiet for its size.

giphy.gif

Do you think that skewed results any? Either way, the Q can wasn't bad but was by far not the quietest can in its class.

Oh, definitely. The two cans don’t really seem to be that much different, one is slightly bigger and has a tighter bore, but it’s not like the CGS Hyperion can is some brand new, “think different” shit. The CGS just seemed like a can made to win metering contests; I can’t imagine someone saying “you know, that can won a metering contest so I’m cool with dropping a few hundred to a thousand or so and being limited to a precision rifle only and 6.5 only NOT TBAC can.” Seriously unpractical in this day and age of .300 Blk and new bullets for .308. However, I dug their Hydra can. Striking looks and good performance, but again, nothing earth shattering. Of course, suppressor technology is nearly at a standstill insofar as actual suppression, and folks should care more about mounting, weight, and financial solvency of a company.

Hmm.... wish they both had the same bore

Hopefully we can test the Q can with .308 next time, might be a more fair contest. As it is, one longer, heavier can with a tighter bore against a lighter, shorter can with a bigger bore doesn’t seem like rocket science as to which is going to win. Of course, there’s that dark horse in the running...;)

Hopefully we can test the Q can with .308 next time, might be a more fair contest. As it is, one longer, heavier can with a tighter bore against a lighter, shorter can with a bigger bore doesn’t seem like rocket science as to which is going to win. Of course, there’s that dark horse in the running...;)

Sounds like there will always be an excuse!! Take the 6.5 hole out of the equation, the Q Can was barely 140 Average, What is the excuse for that? ?

I don’t know who you are but you are out of line sir.

I am looking for the Quietest 30 cal Suppressor, I don’t care who makes it, I have plenty of Suppressors for every application, if I am buying anymore, they must have a significant leap in performance. I am not sure who @LT1 is to you, or why you’re defending his agenda, but you did the test, the meter Doesn’t lie, it is what it is.

Let’s see who has that performance I am looking for. Thank you for doing the testing @hanshonbrothers!

I am looking for the Quietest 30 cal Suppressor, I don’t care who makes it, I have plenty of Suppressors for every application, if I am buying anymore, they must have a significant leap in performance. I am not sure who @LT1 is to you, or why you’re defending his agenda, but you did the test, the meter Doesn’t lie, it is what it is.

Let’s see who has that performance I am looking for. Thank you for doing the testing @hanshonbrothers!

Your posts focus upon ONE topic here on the Hide. Are you from New Mexico?

Your posts focus upon ONE topic here on the Hide. Are you from New Mexico?

? I wish!! Or maybe you do.. You from NH?

I think I made myself clear, I don’t care whose can it is, looking for the Quietest period! KG Made, EA, Rugged, CGS, Q, SICO, TBAC, it Doesn’t matter to me.

I don’t make excuses for any of them, they either perform or don’t.

? I wish!! Or maybe you do.. You from NH?
I think I made myself clear, I don’t care whose can it is, looking for the Quietest period! KG Made, EA, Rugged, CGS, Q, SICO, TBAC, it Doesn’t matter to me. I don’t make excuses for any of them, they either perform or don’t.

While "Quietest" is quite important to me, I'm also giving great weight to reliable, strong, easy to clean/fix & made by someone who will be around to service it without undue fuss for many years to come. Other features that can let you use the same suppressor with multiple calibers / rifles are nice to have as well.

It will be interesting to see what the re-test shows & if it goes up in volume with each shot or not on the next test.

While "Quietest" is quite important to me, I'm also giving great weight to reliable, strong, easy to clean/fix & made by someone who will be around to service it without undue fuss for many years to come. Other features that can let you use the same suppressor with multiple calibers / rifles are nice to have as well.

It will be interesting to see what the re-test shows & if it goes up in volume with each shot or not on the next test.

We are on same path, I just personally have plenty, looking for best performance, CS, Longevity of company, materials, use on any length, etc.. Magnum Rated, Weight, Length...

From the comments, seems the CGS tested was not a 30 cal suppressor. Is it still a consideration for you? Or did you want to change your post to remove 30 cal?

We are on same path, I just personally have plenty, looking for best performance, CS, Longevity of company, materials, use on any length, etc.. Magnum Rated, Weight, Length...

Don’t forget your path of not being a CGS troll, yet ONLY posting about CGS and Q cans while on the Hide, which you arrived at when Q and CGS were in a pissing match, and let’s not forget you just SOMEHOW posting the Suppressed Nation Instagram test (which I was personally in attendance at, here in Virginia) literally hours after it was post. So...just hanging on Instagram, looking for unbiased reviews of CGS cans (which is your focus, anyone can see your posting history) and what’s this? A test involving the company you hate and the company you love. Off to the Hide! Such fortuitous timing! What good luck that there you were on Instagram, minding your own business, and here arrived the very data you’ve been in a flame war about on the Hide!

You haven’t been here very long, but but Hide has caught schill accounts before, in a very public and a very ugly fashion, just ask @Lowlight about the TacticalRiflesNet fanboys that were exposed on here. @paco ramirez, schill accounts are an excellent way to lose your company’s ability to advertise on the Hide and to drag your company’s name through the mud. Having an idiot troll account like this “just pop up” is pretty obvious to those of us that have been here a while.

Don’t forget to thank me, I was lucky enough to be there helping with the testing. HasohnBrothers is a personal friend.

Reactions: esw004
Completely agree. I was just having some fun with their obvious failure at pretending to be an impartial third party.

(btw, unless scottish, it's normally spelled shill :))

Sure would be interesting to compare IP addresses on CGS company accounts and their shills (correction taken) :D

Reactions: esw004
@hanshonbrothers send the CGS can put to be Wire EDMd to 30 and redo test with a 7.62 bolt gun so everyone can stop making up excuses why one did this or the other one did that. They will still cry about the little extra length, but at least everyone will know the numbers for each can in 30cal.

@Lowlight

Please accommodate the above request if possible. You know exactly who I am and you know who our team consists of. If you need all our email addresses please pm.

I’m really trying to stay out of this stuff. Its better to let the video do the talking.

@HansohnBrothers did the test. I understand You don’t like the results. I totally agree. They are absolutely embarrassing.

It was a gift that the first round was counted in the average. That video shows a Q Full Nelson suppressor that is not metering at hearing safe levels.

Re do the test until you like the result. Makes no difference to me. It was the right meter, recently calibrated, proper mil spec test, same ammo, same host, same time, same place. You should be 100% confident in the results.

I was confident because I already knew the outcome. We consistently get min 8db difference between our Hyperion (.317 bore) vs Full Nelson (.360-.380). I would remind you all that the reason for all of this was the constant claims that we, as a company, post fabricated sound test results.

I will say I have never metered the full Nelson over 136 with 6.5cm. Usually falls in the 134-135 range. You can subtract 8-9 dB from that for our can. I can post video after video of that but you don’t really want to see it. It doesn’t fit the narrative that suppressor technology is at a standstill.

I’m sorry this is hard for some of you to accept. I don’t have time to play games with different accounts.

I don’t want or need hvt1 or anyone else shit talking on here for me. I’m capable of doing it myself.

@hanshonbrothers send the CGS can put to be Wire EDMd to 30 and redo test with a 7.62 bolt gun so everyone can stop making up excuses why one did this or the other one did that. They will still cry about the little extra length, but at least everyone will know the numbers for each can in 30cal.

What the fuck is wrong with you? You’re honestly making CGS look bad. Hansohn already said that the Q can metered great with 7.62, and unless you’re involved this financially, LET IT GO. You’re one half step above the shill troll HVT1. Stop getting so goddamn personal about this. Which of these cans do you own? Which of your dogs did Kevin kick? Act like a fucking adult and CGS folks, I always tell my kids “just because so and so did it, doesn’t me you should double down.” Everyone actually involved watch how Massoud and HansohnBrothers conduct themselves online, like gentleman. This sending in trolls and “salty little hoe” crap is unprofessional, annoying, and ultimately embarrassing. Notice how Kevin is quiet? He’s letting you and your trolls dig yourselves a grave here at the Hide. I don’t own cans from either company and I haven’t personally met anyone from either company, but at least I’ve shot both cans, unlike jeep94 whom is VERY, VERY personally involved in this. Honestly, I’d laugh my ass off if a CGS .30 can metered the same as the Q. The cans sure look a lot alike and ones louder with 6.5 and one has a better tone. If I were CGS, I’d get my can in the hands of some PRS guys since that is your target market, right? No one else wants a rifle can limited to 6.5, in this day and age of .300Blk, .308, .300WM, and .300 Norma.

Also, act like quiet professionals if that is what you are. If you need a role model, look to Massoud.

What the fuck is wrong with you? You’re honestly making CGS look bad. Hansohn already said that the Q can metered great with 7.62, and unless you’re involved this financially, LET IT GO. You’re one half step above the shill troll HVT1. Stop getting so goddamn personal about this. Which of these cans do you own? Which of your dogs did Kevin kick? Act like a fucking adult and CGS folks, I always tell my kids “just because so and so did it, doesn’t me you should double down.” Everyone actually involved watch how Massoud and HansohnBrothers conduct themselves online, like gentleman. This sending in trolls and “salty little hoe” crap is unprofessional, annoying, and ultimately embarrassing. Notice how Kevin is quiet? He’s letting you and your trolls dig yourselves a grave here at the Hide. I don’t own cans from either company and I haven’t personally met anyone from either company, but at least I’ve shot both cans, unlike jeep94 whom is VERY, VERY personally involved in this. Honestly, I’d laugh my ass off if a CGS .30 can metered the same as the Q. The cans sure look a lot alike and ones louder with 6.5 and one has a better tone. If I were CGS, I’d get my can in the hands of some PRS guys since that is your target market, right? No one else wants a rifle can limited to 6.5, in this day and age of .300Blk, .308, .300WM, and .300 Norma.

Also, act like quiet professionals if that is what you are. If you need a role model, look to Massoud.

I have absolutely nothing to do with CGS Braxton, you should be careful throwing around unsubstantiated accusations.

Look up the definition of Shill, sure sounds like what you’re doing, not what others are doing. ?

Attachments

• B0D423FF-0923-499D-9ABF-D0AB8EF8FC5C.jpeg
    B0D423FF-0923-499D-9ABF-D0AB8EF8FC5C.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 102
I have absolutely nothing to do with CGS Braxton, you should be careful throwing around unsubstantiated accusations.

Look up the definition of Shill, sure sounds like what you’re doing, not what others are doing. ?

Stop hurting their cause then, act like an adult. I’m a known quantity, there’s folks that can vouch for me.

Just for clarification:
LRI= Long Rifles Inc = Chad Dixon?

I've never met Chad in person but have spoken to him over the phone a few times, very knowledgeable and helpful.

Just for clarification:
LRI= Long Rifles Inc = Chad Dixon?

I've never met Chad in person but have spoken to him over the phone a few times, very knowledgeable and helpful.
No in his signature it says he's not affiliated with Longrifles Inc.

Turn on signatures. @LRI is specifically NOT Chad Dixon.
I heard from a person who knows...CGS uses the atomized blood of Palestinian children to make their welding gas. Yea, their titanium welds are straw colored...but at what cost people?

The CGS cans I saw and shot looked great. High quality. That being said, how long has Kevin been making cans with the colored welds? Given that i have a Sig Titanium can (Kevin designed it) and it's just freaking amazing (metered at 132db with 556 on Hansohn's meter) and you don't hear about Sig nor AAC cans just blowing the hell up and taking out a coupla city blocks due to imperfect welds, something tells me the welds are fine.

Yeah, 132db from full power 556 on a BCM 11.5" SBR. Just think about that :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: shark101au
Stop hurting their cause then, act like an adult. I’m a known quantity, there’s folks that can vouch for me.
I have to say that the way you are coming off in all this doesn't help anyone's cause either. You may be the tippity top bestest of the best person, but your posts in this and the other thread don't show that to complete outsiders with no skin in the game. You might do well to heed some of your own advice.

Just sayin...