• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Happy Birthday Marines

The few, the proud, the Marines.

It does take a special cut of a man to make it in the Marines. And that is why they never say that they were a Marine. They are always a Marine.

Even our generous benefactor is still a Marine, just not actively serving. Even though his job was as a Scout Sniper, that is not how he operates today. That was the job he had on active duty and on deployment. And the benefits of his training help us with long range target shooting.

My younger neice fell in love with her boyfriend in high school. When they graduated, her older sister was a pastry chef at the time. She found a screen of the USMC logo and made a cake for him. He had enlisted and was leaving for boot right after graduation.

We went down there (near Baton Rouge, La) and my brother-in-law and I went to the store and got a 20 lb bag of crawfish and some baby red potatoes, portobello mushrooms and some baby corn. He made a crawfish boil. Leftover crawfish from last time became some crawfish etoufee on the side. And some catfish with his own breading recipe.

We ate outside on their regulation size picnic table in the back yard. Mud bugs at one end, bone pile at the other end. That was some good eatin, I done tole you one time, my friend.

So, her boyfriend went off and served three deployments. Came back in one piece. We went back down there for the wedding at a plantation house in Scottlandville. And now they have two children.

Life is good and I am proud to say I have a Marine in my family (besides my second step-father when he was a Marine Force Recon.)

Oorah...

Reactions: Sandhog308
Sitrep...

Do we need to bail anyone out or pick them up from the hospital???
IMG_20231028_151837.jpg