• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Happy Hiroshima Day!

Not bombing them would have been tantamount to neglect of duty. This was a war for the world, us or them, go hard or become enslaved at home.

The Japanese weren't especially close to a working A bomb in reality, the Germans however were close to it and more at the time. We dedicated a great deal of resources to depriving them of the necessary heavy water and other materials they needed for the development, or else they very well could have beat us to the punch. Some people say that Nazi scientists even intentionally dragged ass to keep it away from them. In the end, their united power absolutely had to be cleaned off the table ASAP at all costs.

Anecdotally, there is a strong case that Pearl Harbor was intentionally left to a known impending Japanese attack. In fact most of our wars have had engineered tipping points to manufacture the consent of our population, whom at that time DGAF about things off continent and still to this day are apprehensive about war.

Reactions: The D
I would have hung fdr with tojo. My point is you're living a fairy tail if you believe we'd all be smoking the peace pipe if it weren't for gov. Without rule of law I might have been responcable for a little violence of my own.
I have never said the world would be a peaceful utopia without the state. I do, however, think there would be less violence and more prosperity with bare minimum/no state

I have a question about your last sentence. You seem to be implying that it’s strictly the rules set forth by the state, and not your own morality, that keeps you from initiating aggression against others. Is that how you live your life? Peaceful only because someone says so?

I have never said the world would be a peaceful utopia without the state. I do, however, think there would be less violence and more prosperity with bare minimum/no state

I have a question about your last sentence. You seem to be implying that it’s strictly the rules set forth by the state, and not your own morality, that keeps you from initiating aggression against others. Is that how you live your life? Peaceful only because someone says so?

Just imagine...

Not bombing them would have been tantamount to neglect of duty. This was a war for the world, us or them, go hard or become enslaved at home.

The Japanese weren't especially close to a working A bomb in reality, the Germans however were close to it and more at the time. We dedicated a great deal of resources to depriving them of the necessary heavy water and other materials they needed for the development, or else they very well could have beat us to the punch. Some people say that Nazi scientists even intentionally dragged ass to keep it away from them. In the end, their united power absolutely had to be cleaned off the table ASAP at all costs.

Anecdotally, there is a strong case that Pearl Harbor was intentionally left to a known impending Japanese attack. In fact most of our wars have had engineered tipping points to manufacture the consent of our population, whom at that time DGAF about things off continent and still to this day are apprehensive about war.

Do you refer to "Gulf of Tonkin"?

Someone should be dug up and skull fucked for that?

Makes you wonder what they planned with the "USS Liberty" before someone backed off - Americas first Benghazi.

Oh, FFS :rolleyes:

By way of but just one example, have you ever heard of a little event that goes by the name of "The Rape of Nanking" ?

Get a fucking clue, then come back to the adult's table.
How many Japanese civilians were involved in the Nanking massacre? Or was it the Japanese military, i.e. the Japanese gov enforcement mob committing those crimes? And was it innocent Chinese civilians or members of the Chinese gov enforcement mob who were victims of this attack

Or, how about we run a little more modern counter factual scenario? Do you think it’s ok for American military members to have immunity against violent crimes committed against innocent civilians in the never ending war of terror?

How many Japanese civilians were involved in the Nanking massacre? Or was it the Japanese military, i.e. the Japanese gov enforcement mob committing those crimes? And was it innocent Chinese civilians or members of the Chinese gov enforcement mob who were victims of this attack

Or, how about we run a little more modern counter factual scenario? Do you think it’s ok for American military members to have immunity against violent crimes committed against innocent civilians in the never ending war of terror?

You fucking idiot. You really don't know your audience Karen. How bout you, your murse, and your flea infested bun go cuck elsewhere? You'll be a lot happier tip toeing through the tulips with your two lips in a cuck friendly environment. Oh, and please, change that fucking bong water, it's clouded like your mind.

Happy vaporizing innocent people day

Here’s a little contradictory point of view

No fucks given Howard Zin. Innocent my ass. Were the Nazis also innocent? Revisionist, bullshit, virtue signaling crap from an anti war zealot.

but hey, SKOAL!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
False dichotomy argument is useless

What part of THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT KNEW ABOUT AN ATTACK AND DID NOTHING do you not want to address? Your religious faith in the state is blinding you to the ocean of blood on its hands
Conspiracy theory bullshit. Any one of those officers would be happy to knock your teeth out for suggesting they let their men and commands be destroyed. You’re a fucking child who believes in radical fairytales where America is always the villain.

*ad hominem attacks with no substantive arguments*
There, I fixed your post to reflect its true nature

And I guess I really don’t know this audience. I thought this site consisted largely of relatively-small gov republicans. Anyone claiming this title but defending military action on the scale of the world wars or the war of terror is a hypocrite

Conspiracy theory bullshit. Any one of those officers would be happy to knock your teeth out for suggesting they let their men and commands be destroyed. You’re a fucking child who believes in radical fairytales where America is always the villain.
Not America always being the villain. Modern nation-states being the villains for pitting their citizens against each other

Public sentiment at the time wanted the war to end. After horrendous casualties on Peleliu, Saipan Iwo Jima and Okinawa military planners were rightly concerned about both allied and civilian casualties. Yes the bombs killed many civilians but the devastation and casualties with an invasion would have been exponentially worse. LeMay's fie bombing campaigns killed far more civilians than the A-bombs did. My father had finished his tour as a ball turret gunner with 15th AAF and was training to go to the Pacific. He for one was glad the A-bombs ended it and he could return to civilian life. He lost both his brother and father while in Italy and needed to get home to take care of family.

I fully understand the arguments that the bombs were the best option for humanitarian, political, and strategic reasons. My only point is that celebrating those events (as opposed to celebrating the end of the war) is shitty, especially to a current ally. I detected no sarcasm in the original post or the initial responses to it. The fact that they now claim it to be sarcastic shows that they know it was in poor taste.

Don't get me wrong; I'd crack a smile at the sight of some pink mist in the middle of the suck. But nuclear war is different. Mass killing is different. Celebrating it like a national holiday would make us just a different version of the sick fucks that we fight wars to rid this world of.

Show me post garden of eden where that actually happened. You are ignorant.

If it weren't for law and repercussions would I cap some fucktards? Abso-fuckin-lutly. Just tryin to make the world a better place...

Lt. Commander Admiral McCollum warned FDR of increased Japanese technical and tactical interest in our Pacific outpost, namely Hawaii, more than a year before the initial attack. He also wrote an eight point memo outlining ways in which America could provoke the Japanese into attacking, while FDR promised the UK any and all assistance humanly possible to ensure they persevere through the war. From the other side of his mouth, FDR went to great lengths to ensure the American people (who opposed war at a polled rate of 88%) that America will not under any circumstances be sending troops to fight. It should also be noted that FDR claims to have never read this memo, yet enacted all eight of the points to antagonize Japan into war.

Also, and intercepted Japanese radio communication on Nov 24th stated:
"The task force, keeping its movement strictly secret and maintaining close guard against submarines and aircraft, shall advance into Hawaiian waters, and upon the very opening of hostilities shall attack the main force of the United States fleet in Hawaii and deal it a mortal blow".
Two sources of the above message are Admiral Homer Wallin's "Pearl Harbor", published by the US Government printing office, and the United States Strategic Bombing Survey (Pacific) Naval Analysis Division's "The Campaigns of the Pacific War", also published by the US Government printing office.

All four of the code systems used by Admiral Yamamoto had been broken in the fall of 1941 and were used by Station Hypo located at Pearl Harbor. The message intercepted at Station H on November 24th was translated and forwarded directly to Washington DC by Station Hypo, bypassing the local Hawaiian commanders. Washington DC did not relay the translated message back to Kimmell and Short, but instead sent an immediate order to Admiral Kimmell to terminate Exercise 191, a fleet preparedness exercise operating northwest of Hawaii directly in the path of the oncoming Japanese Striking fleet. Kimmell was ordered back to Pearl Harbor.

On November 25th, Winston Churchill sent an urgent message to President Roosevelt. Of all the messages sent between Churchill and Roosevelt, only the message of November 25th remains classified on the grounds of "National Security". On November 28th, USS Enterprise was ordered out of Pearl Harbor in company with 11 of the Unites States' newest warships, ostensibly to deliver aircraft to Wake Island. On December 5th, USS Lexington was ordered out of Pearl Harbor in company with 8 of the Unites States' newest warships, ostensibly to deliver aircraft to Midway Island. When the Japanese attack hit Pearl Harbor, the targets they found were older relics from a bygone age; the 21 modern ships of the Pacific fleet, including the two carriers, were safely out of harm's way.

So who's teeth should be "knocked in" for questioning the official narrative, should they knock their own teeth in or are you willing to do it to them in their honor, Fig?

Reactions: The D
What the fuck.

I'm not saying it wasn't necessary to get the Japanese to surrender. I just don't think the killing of between 100,000 and 200,000 civilians is something that should be celebrated.
The bombs saved between 1 and 4 million.

Google the term “working smarter not harder. “

Sirhr

Richard Rhodes' book "The Making of the Atomic Bomb" is quite the tale - I highly recommend it.

As horrific as the A-bomb was, there is a case to be made that the firebombing which preceded its use was even worse.

Reactions: pmclaine
The bombs saved between 1 and 4 million.

Google the term “working smarter not harder. “

Sirhr

IMO, 1 to 4 million could be underestimated, because we do not know how much "all in" or how long the war would have lasted given any possible scenario or tactics. I am sure reasonable models can somehwat predict but given worse possible outcome starvation alone could have killed that many, now factor in disease, etc. And if Japan or Germany got the nuke first...now what?

Its shitty it came to this, for sure. Solutions? Probably not too many...

But this is our history. Ironically, we are "all in this together", after all.

Wasn't there some special on TV (I know..probably completely fake) that the Japanese had actually tested an atomic device in what is in present day North Korea?

Nobody is going to argue the loss of life and the radiation sickness that followed is something to celebrate...it's horrific. I'll expand on pmclaine's correct statement that you should win a war as quickly and decisively as you can to add this tried and true statement: "War is Hell." That's why war should be avoided at almost all costs. War should be the last of the last things to happen - ever. But when it begins, don't pussyfoot around like we've been doing since 1946.

Just look at Gulf War I. Had we actually really completed the task, instead of listening to colinoscopy powell, we likely never would have had Gulf War II & Sept 11 (Afghanistan primarily). We had 700K troops in the coalition, plenty to do a Marshall Plan type action - even if it would have take 10-20-30 years (like it did in Europe).

Reactions: pmclaine

A book written by a WWII vet detailing what I claimed above, that fdr and the intelligence agencies provoked an attack and then let it happen when they knew it was coming. If you clowns think you’ll listen to “reason and logic” I’ll dig up the source documents too

Show me post garden of eden where that actually happened. You are ignorant.

If it weren't for law and repercussions would I cap some fucktards? Abso-fuckin-lutly. Just tryin to make the world a better place...
Just so we’re clear, you have no problem killing people you deem to be “fucktards”? And what is your definition of fucktards? Anyone initiating violence against you or your loved ones? Or just people that say things that make you feel bad?

Just so we’re clear, you have no problem killing people you deem to be “fucktards”? And what is your definition of fucktards? Anyone initiating violence against you or your loved ones? Or just people that say things that make you feel bad?

Give it a fuck'n rest Karen. Geezus H. Krist. I'm having bad thoughts here and it's all your fault. The "D"? Riiiiight. Cuz why? Cuz you're all about the "D" aight ! Now just go soak in the tub and carry on with your cuck routine of farting cum bubbles and trying to eat them, would ya? The Ha Ha factor with you ended on page 1 cuckasaurus.

Give it a fuck'n rest Karen. Geezus H. Krist. I'm having bad thoughts here and it's all your fault. The "D"? Riiiiight. Cuz why? Cuz you're all about the "D" aight ! Now just go soak in the tub and carry on with your cuck routine of farting cum bubbles and trying to eat them, would ya? The Ha Ha factor with you ended on page 1 cuckasaurus.
Are you a gender studies professor? This is another very well laid, point by point refutation. Bravo

Are you a gender studies professor? This is another very well laid, point by point refutation. Bravo

Nope, but if I wuz, I'd say your gender is a "Cuck". I'm more into psychological torture, like what you've brought on yourself. You see, Betty, I know for certain this is going to live rent free in your mind. You won't be able to stop it. This will literally be the last thing you think of when you and Bob lay your heads on the pillow tonight, after biting the hell outta if of course. And then there's tomorrow. Oooooooooooooh tomorrow is even better because of the up and downs you're gonna have thinking of why you're not over this yet. You don't wanna torment yourself, but you will. Oh yes you will.

Sleep well peaches, you earned it............ :cool:

I have Almost as little use for a libertarian fanatic as I do for a communist. You’re ideology and beliefs, though not AS fantastic as a communist, are based on false premises about human nature, and a misunderstanding of government. While there’s no doubt we have fallen far from the ideal of the founding, the Articles of Confederation, WERE indeed a failure, and you can’t treat totalitarians as if they were kindred libertarians in foreign policy. Whereas a communist will ensure a nation falls from within, a true libertarian will ensure it cannot defend itself.
I fully understand the arguments that the bombs were the best option for humanitarian, political, and strategic reasons. My only point is that celebrating those events (as opposed to celebrating the end of the war) is shitty, especially to a current ally. I detected no sarcasm in the original post or the initial responses to it. The fact that they now claim it to be sarcastic shows that they know it was in poor taste.

Don't get me wrong; I'd crack a smile at the sight of some pink mist in the middle of the suck. But nuclear war is different. Mass killing is different. Celebrating it like a national holiday would make us just a different version of the sick fucks that we fight wars to rid this world of.
The title is in poor taste and intentionally so. It never ceases to amaze me when veterans get their panties in a twist because of dark humor. Are you one of the guys constantly criticizing and wokesplaining the Duffleblog?

Thanks for wokesplaoning wwII to all of us. You really are a superior person. Now I feel as ashamed as you do, which was the point right?
:rolleyes:
You are probably the first US Marine I’ve ever interacted with (and you want everyone to know you were a Marine) with no concept of dark humor. I’m sorry you were so offended and think it was in such poor taste. My guess would be you are an academy graduate officer.
I’m glad you weren’t with me and several marines in the theatre, watching Letters from Iwo Jima, when Ken Wantanbe walked over the hill and saw the American invasion fleet. We all started cheering and everyone else in the audience turned around looked at us like we had three heads.
Holy fuck I thought this thread might get one or two responses. I had no idea the level of ignorance and miseducation about this event.

Go fuck yourself sweetheart. You shouldn’t be ashamed we nuked Japan. You should be ashamed you don’t give a fuck about all the Marine POWs they murdered to the point your feels are all wrapped up in an event you clearly don’t understand.
Lt. Commander Admiral McCollum warned FDR of increased Japanese technical and tactical interest in our Pacific outpost, namely Hawaii, more than a year before the initial attack. He also wrote an eight point memo outlining ways in which America could provoke the Japanese into attacking, while FDR promised the UK any and all assistance humanly possible to ensure they persevere through the war. From the other side of his mouth, FDR went to great lengths to ensure the American people (who opposed war at a polled rate of 88%) that America will not under any circumstances be sending troops to fight. It should also be noted that FDR claims to have never read this memo, yet enacted all eight of the points to antagonize Japan into war.

Also, and intercepted Japanese radio communication on Nov 24th stated:

Two sources of the above message are Admiral Homer Wallin's "Pearl Harbor", published by the US Government printing office, and the United States Strategic Bombing Survey (Pacific) Naval Analysis Division's "The Campaigns of the Pacific War", also published by the US Government printing office.

All four of the code systems used by Admiral Yamamoto had been broken in the fall of 1941 and were used by Station Hypo located at Pearl Harbor. The message intercepted at Station H on November 24th was translated and forwarded directly to Washington DC by Station Hypo, bypassing the local Hawaiian commanders. Washington DC did not relay the translated message back to Kimmell and Short, but instead sent an immediate order to Admiral Kimmell to terminate Exercise 191, a fleet preparedness exercise operating northwest of Hawaii directly in the path of the oncoming Japanese Striking fleet. Kimmell was ordered back to Pearl Harbor.

On November 25th, Winston Churchill sent an urgent message to President Roosevelt. Of all the messages sent between Churchill and Roosevelt, only the message of November 25th remains classified on the grounds of "National Security". On November 28th, USS Enterprise was ordered out of Pearl Harbor in company with 11 of the Unites States' newest warships, ostensibly to deliver aircraft to Wake Island. On December 5th, USS Lexington was ordered out of Pearl Harbor in company with 8 of the Unites States' newest warships, ostensibly to deliver aircraft to Midway Island. When the Japanese attack hit Pearl Harbor, the targets they found were older relics from a bygone age; the 21 modern ships of the Pacific fleet, including the two carriers, were safely out of harm's way.

So who's teeth should be "knocked in" for questioning the official narrative, should they knock their own teeth in or are you willing to do it to them in their honor, Fig?
woulda coulda shoulda is a far cry from the accusation that FDR (I’m no fan at all) allowed our pacific fleet to be crippled and all those men to be killed In the greatest act of treason and treachery in American history. It is not fact. It is circumstantial and there is no direct evidence except that which is still
“secret”. I’ve heard it before and it’s a case of choosing to believe or not. It is not one of clear evidence or certainty by a very wide margin.
if true it would require the complicity of the naval flag command, and that is definitely where it falls apart, and where my statement stands.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Regardless of the 100k-200k 'civilians' and their deaths..... what is ABSOLUTELY celebratory about this anniversary is the END of the war that was brought on by those people themselves.

And please, don't forget that our Soldiers whom fought in the Pacific (in one manner or another) they too were CIVILIANS of their home country. And yet they had to endure because of those 'people'..... (and for that time, and in this case, I use that term loosely. VERY loosely.)

Have A Rice Day.
FIFY

I have Almost as little use for a libertarian fanatic as I do for a communist. You’re ideology and beliefs, though not AS fantastic as a communist, are based on false premises about human nature, and a misunderstanding of government. While there’s no doubt we have fallen far from the ideal of the founding, the Articles of Confederation, WERE indeed a failure, and you can’t treat totalitarians as if they were kindred libertarians in foreign policy. Whereas a communist will ensure a nation falls from within, a true libertarian will ensure it cannot defend itself.

The title is in poor taste and intentionally so. It never ceases to amaze me when veterans get their panties in a twist because of dark humor. Are you one of the guys constantly criticizing and wokesplaining the Duffleblog?

Thanks for wokesplaoning wwII to all of us. You really are a superior person. Now I feel as ashamed as you do, which was the point right?
:rolleyes:
You are probably the first US Marine I’ve ever interacted with (and you want everyone to know you were a Marine) with no concept of dark humor. I’m sorry you were so offended and think it was in such poor taste. My guess would be you are an academy graduate officer.
I’m glad you weren’t with me and several marines in the theatre, watching Letters from Iwo Jima, when Ken Wantanbe walked over the hill and saw the American invasion fleet. We all started cheering and everyone else in the audience turned around looked at us like we had three heads.
Holy fuck I thought this thread might get one or two responses. I had no idea the level of ignorance and miseducation about this event.

Go fuck yourself sweetheart. You shouldn’t be ashamed we nuked Japan. You should be ashamed you don’t give a fuck about all the Marine POWs they murdered to the point your feels are all wrapped up in an event you clearly don’t understand.

woulda coulda shoulda is a far cry from the accusation that FDR (I’m no fan at all) allowed our pacific fleet to be crippled and all those men to be killed In the greatest act of treason and treachery in American history. It is not fact. It is circumstantial and there is no direct evidence except that which is still
“secret”. I’ve heard it before and it’s a case of choosing to believe or not. It is not one of clear evidence or certainty by a very wide margin.
if true it would require the complicity of the naval flag command, and that is definitely where it falls apart, and where my statement stands.

Geezus Krist @Fig ! I thought it was my night to be Offended/Triggered? 😂 God love ya Brother!!! (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Rthur and Fig
Holy fuck. I had no idea there was so much miseducation and woke fucktardness. i Could GAF from the libertarian zealot, but the Marine honestly makes me sad. That sort of virtue signaling infecting a warrior is sickening. Sorry, you’re probably one of the first people I’ve met here who I wouldn’t have a beer with. I don’t want to be around woke fucktards who I have to watch what I say or they’ll get offended. Very disappointed, but then there are shitbirds everywhere I guess.

What the fuck.

I'm not saying it wasn't necessary to get the Japanese to surrender. I just don't think the killing of between 100,000 and 200,000 civilians is something that should be celebrated.

I agree, maybe you should read, "The Raping of Nanking"
Might give you a little perspective about who we were fighting.
Might want to learn about their culture at the time as well. They were never going to stop.
I guess, it would have been better to let them get one.....then they would have damn sure used one on us.

This was just sort of a throwaway thread, cut and paste. Who knew it would go full retard (an offensive word)? I cannot be “offended”. You can say shit that pisses me off, or Do shit like kneel during the national anthem, but I’m not “offended”.
This one is just sad for me now.

For someone with supposed doubts you are especially animated about defending your original patriotic opinions on the matter. This is where I take issue with your stance, I obviously have no desire to cement it either way. You should question everything, especially when you see a trend of evidence throughout conflicts which have followed.

A little known issue that for some reason has been totally covered up or just not taught is that the Japanese were also working on trying to make nuclear weapons as were their allies the Germans.

The problem of course for everyone was that getting enough material for a proper boom was not something easy to do.

So when the first bomb went off the Japanese high command was probably like... well they have one, but they are bluffing, nobody would ever have more than enough to make more than one right now....

Then number 2 came along and they are like... well these guys have a bunch, best call it a day before we loose the big population cities or Tokyo.

There were times in the early part of the nuke race, that the USA (among others) didn't exactly have lots of spare material lying around.

Everybody goes on about how it was so horrible they got nuked. I personally say the nuked cities were the lucky ones...
WAY more people died much more horrible deaths in the firebombings of Tokyo and Yokohama and we wen't playing nice with women and children either, just like the British at Dresden.

Being nuked also let the Japanese fudge history a bit to paint themselves as a "victim" at the end of the war, instead of the Nazis +2 level evil that they actually were. (Make no mistake about it, the Japanese were way worse than the Nazis, especially when it came to captured allied prisoners).

The USA would have won the war without the nukes, it would have been very costly for us, but we would have probably just about annihilated Japan to get it done based on how they prepared the civilians to fight to the death city to city.

Fuckin Big Daddy Kane that shit!! Bravo! Spot. On.
giphy.gif

Oh, FFS :rolleyes:

By way of but just one example, have you ever heard of a little event that goes by the name of "The Rape of Nanking" ?

Get a fucking clue, then come back to the adult's table.

Shit.....read thread, then post.
I'm an idiot.....
Or we are both very well read....and geniuses...yeah...i think thats about right.

What the fuck.

We dropped pamphlets everywhere giving them plenty of time. Just like all those cities in Iraq. But nobody gives a shit about us being pushed and giving our enemies plenty of warnings before we nock their block off.

But...

Washington knew of an impending attack but didn’t warn Admiral Kimmel

I’m definitely not necessarily opposed to military units of clashing governments fighting. But most of the people who are killed during war are just innocent people who want to live their lives as peacefully as possible.
The ones killed by the japs. See my other post above

P

Fuck, even the Appologist in Chief demurred when asked to apologize for Truman's orders.

The Japs were AT LEAST as bad as the Nazis, and probably a lot worse!

Though I would argue that while American, primary schools don't teach this history it is far from "overlooked". China still teaches their children to hate the Japanese, because this is a big part of their primary, history education.
Anybody know about that time when 300 marines where put in fish traps and fed to sharks? Or where Bush Senior was almost eaten by a Japanese garrison?

• Sad
Reactions: Sean the Nailer