• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Hard Coat Anodizing

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
I want to have one of my AR's hard coat anodized a dark earth color with the small parts anodized black. Is there any one on here or that you guys know of that will do this big of a job?

I saw some stuff online but it looked like they were only doing small items like scope mounts and stuff like that.

I'm just tired of painting it and repainting. Would like something a little more permanent.

Thanks alot.

Jeremy

Re: Hard Coat Anodizing

Have you talked to Victor at USAnodizing.com ? The do great work, but I don't know if they do FDE. Good luck.

Nope, I've never heard of them but you can bet I'm sending him an email when I get the chance. Thanks alot.

Jeremy

real hard coat COLOR anodizing wont happen on 7075 (upper and lowers) aluminum....Just scrapped 28 lowers because it cant be done and they think it can. I swear anodizers huff the shit they use..
They CAN do a not so thick coating and come up with ok colors, but its not consistent. Your lower will also need to be stripped (etched away) and the tolerances will be screwed.

I promise...

If they offer color its a Teflon based paint that looks good and is as durable as duracoat.

Yes, I found that out. I guess they do some other sort of coating in the different colors. Their prices are pretty good for the color coatings. And he seems like a good guy to deal with.