• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hard double case??

Re: Hard double case??

Depends on which Pelican you're talking about. They make them in all different sizes. Some are giant cabinets, some are tiny camera cases...
The 1740 will hold two 700s vertically. As long at the optics aren't mounted too high and the overall length isn't over 40 inches. The 1740 is 40.98" x 12.92" x 12.13".
Browse through the 1700 series of cases on the website and try out all the different options.
Here's the site: http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1740

Ive got an SKB that I put two tactical rifles in all the time, works well. I dont think that I would fly with two tactical rifles in there, but I wouldnt hesitate to with two hunting rifles in there. I took it to Canada on a goose/duck hunting trip with four shotguns in it (2 semi autos and 2 o/u's) and had no issues. Its a heavy mofo with two tactical rifles or four shotguns in it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/492196/...0-polymer-black

I also have the SKB double (Amazon has them cheaper than Midway, FYI). Totally love the case, it's been through the airlines a few times with no problems whatsoever. I've loaded it up with a one tactical type rifle (an AICS stocked Rem 700) and a pure hunting rifle and have no doubt that I could have put two AICS stocked rifles in there, with scopes. Like the other poster said, they're heavy, but they have good wheels and handles. And they take a hell of a beating.

I have one of the starlight cases, its a heavy case, but has high density foam that you can custom cut for each rifle and a 1/2 inch spacer foam set that goes between foam layers to protect each rifle from the one underneath, i'd not hesitate to fly with my case, it has provisions for 4 padlocks, heavy latches, wheels, double handles, and a watertight o ring seal and pressure valve. the model number is SC-061352, theyre kinda pricy but in my opinion well worth their cost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kissfan113</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one of the starlight cases, its a heavy case, but has high density foam that you can custom cut for each rifle and a 1/2 inch spacer foam set that goes between foam layers to protect each rifle from the one underneath, i'd not hesitate to fly with my case, it has provisions for 4 padlocks, heavy latches, wheels, double handles, and a watertight o ring seal and pressure valve. the model number is SC-061352, theyre kinda pricy but in my opinion well worth their cost. </div></div>

How are you stacking 2 tactical rifles in a case thats 6" thick? Measurements on the model number you listed are 6"x 13"x 52". Got any pics?

when i get home i'll take some pics, i work oilfield so it may be a week or so, i'm in ny state right now on a job, thats a 6" ID measurement, there are 2 1.75" layers of foam and 2 .5" layers to pad the bottom and inbetween layers, I'll double check my dimensions on my case all the same, the rifles profiles are cut into the 1.75" foam one per layer, I actually have 2 per layer cut into mine, for a total of 4 rifles total, i don't have mine cut for tac rifles though, mine stores a 10/22 ruger, m77 MKII ruger in 338 win mag, mossberg 835 shotgun and an old savage model 99 easily though, so i cant imagine 2 scoped m700 remingtons being a fit issue.

10-4, I am just curious. Seems like it would be tight, would love to see pics, thats all.