• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris Bipod attachment For concrete

Gjb89

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2017
For those of you with spike attachments on your harris bipods do they help with getting a grip on a concrete slab while in the prone? My 600yd firing line is concrete and I am having some jump and I do not want to spend $50+ just to find out that the harris rubber feet are a better bet. If they do help what manufacturer/model?

I don’t own them yet but just did some similar research. I think the hawk hills are suppose to be some of the best but here’s a video that use a cheaper option and they appear to grip way better than just the rubber feet’s on his concrete shooting bench

https://youtu.be/gKSSJ9VpUuU

Thanks for the info. Here is a video of a guy using hawk hills, towards the end he uses them on a center block.

I love the Hawk Hill feet. BUT before I choose the feet, I’d look at something that gives you lots of options.

Look at Primary Adaptive Solutions Pass Harris bipod connectors. These will allow you to use not only the Hawk Hill Spikes designed for the Atlas, But provide quick change options for the softer Atlas feet as well as the option to use 3 to 18 inch leg extensions. These really are an elegant solutions for adding the missing versatility to the Harris.

You can find these at several places from Short Action Precision to Core shooting.

+1. The PASS adapters are where it’s at. Makes your Harris much more versatile. Looking to add some of the PASS extensions soon.

Attachments

• photo74318.jpg
    photo74318.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 39
  • photo74319.jpg
    photo74319.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 33
Sounds like Hawk Hill is where it's at. How much length does the PASS adapters add to the 6-9 bipods? These will be used on a compact rifle and do not want to have an obnoxiously long bipods. Also has anyone found anything to cover the spikes when not using? My wife would kill me if I scraped up her furniture.

I have the Hawk Hill feet on mine, they bite into the concrete pretty well and do not show any signs of getting dull. The spikes work better than the rubber feet did on concrete for me.

I have the Tactical Supply bipod Talons and they bite into the concrete fairly well allowing me to load the bipod nicely. I think you would be ok regardless of which brand you get. Definitely an improvement over the stock rubber nubs the bipod comes with.