• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HARRIS BIPOD ISSUE

nicodywill

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2018
I have a Harris BRMS 6-9 and the swivel tension screw has become stripped and will not hold rendering the entire unit useless.
I'm trying to get a hold of someone with them to get a replacement or find a replacement from an alternate source.
I called the number and sent a message via the portal on the website a while back but never got a response.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

270 334-3633 is the number I was told to call when I contacted Harris for a replacement part.

tenor.gif

I have a Harris BRMS 6-9 and the swivel tension screw has become stripped and will not hold rendering the entire unit useless.
I'm trying to get a hold of someone with them to get a replacement or find a replacement from an alternate source.
I called the number and sent a message via the portal on the website a while back but never got a response.

Hey Will,
Is it the round nut or the stud that has become striped. I put levers on all of my bi-pods so I could send you the nuts for free.
I would replace it with a lever or get an Atlas knock off for $35.00 My real Atlas BT65-LW17 is really top flight but they do cost
$300.00 The false Atlas will require about an hour of tweaking to make her tight and solid. I'm going to buy this one from a different vendor because it is even closer to the actual Atlas design. Meaning I'm going to test it out anyway if you want to consider one of these. I like the Atlas bi-pods ability to swing the legs forward and it's lack of springs and other possible snag points.

My first fake Atlas was / is a POS and can't be fixed without a machine shop. Not all of them can be brought up to a reasonable quality level. KOD has found a place to get a Harris knock offs for $25.00 and it has it's springs covered in shrink tube and comes with the lever. He loves them.

Let me know if you think I can be of help.

Shawn Carroll

Attachments

• 113181345825 FALSE ATLAS.jpg
    113181345825 FALSE ATLAS.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 94
  • VUDOO V22.JPG
    VUDOO V22.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 1 SAKO QUAD RANGE.JPG
    1 SAKO QUAD RANGE.JPG
    388.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 457 MTR.JPG
    457 MTR.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 84
  • AO EXT MAG RELEASE.JPG
    AO EXT MAG RELEASE.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 57
One of the quickest ways to get removed is to talk about buying an Atlas knock off

First off they are not meant to be on a real rifle, they are airsoft products which is why they are so cheap. So that means they cannot take the recoil of a real rifle. It's not a matter of will they break, just when, so you are wasting you money

Yes Kasey the owner of B&T who makes the Atlas is a personal friend of not just me, but many on this site. He build a lot of his business here so we like to protect our own.

By recommending people go knock off you are stealing from an American Small Business. That is just poor form and one we do not support

The bipod should not be an afterthought, it's part of the system and has a bearing on performance,

Hey, Guy's.... I did not mean to insult anybody. I did say that, "My real Atlas BT65-LW17 is really top flight."
My Vudoo has a real bi-pod on it and I appreciate that it is American made.

The sad fact is, everybody cant afford to buy some of the better equipment like Atlas. I was giving the guy my opinion and some options and nothing more.
Ultimately, I don't care what anybody buy's or benefit from it.

LowLite, Are you telling me what I can and can't say and what I should and should not buy? Your opening line sounds like a threat!
Hell... I even warned the guy that my first knock off was a piece of shit and that he should let me take the risk before he buy's one from the blind.

In post #5, DOA suggests that he throw the Harris away and get a CAL. Am I not entitled to my opinion?

Is this an honest open forum or a agree with Frank and his boy's or get banned forum?

WTF
Shawn Carroll

Attachments

• 3 ATLAS BT-65.JPG
    3 ATLAS BT-65.JPG
    428.8 KB · Views: 41
Ya know, If you guy's want to ban me for expressing my opinions, that is up to you. I certainly don't think that Kasey
needs you to stick up for him, his product or kiss his "American Small Business" ass .
I think his product speaks for itself.

Also, by banning me, you will taking money away from some other small American business like MB at Vudoo.

Shawn ( I fully expect to be banned tonight ) Carroll

Attachments

• VUDOO V22.JPG
    VUDOO V22.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 37
I suggest you mosey on over to the PX and read about this site's stance on counterfeit stuff. It's not a threat, it's a warning about a rule that has long been stated.

And quit playing the victim (bitch) already. You aren't banned (yet), but if you wanna throw your shit down and have a tantrum....

Dude.

I may not ban you but the bullshit you are slinging is not gonna sit well,

you and this forum are clearly incompatible I suggest you recognize that sooner than later

I am being real nice here, you on the other hand have set up a nice fat softball for me to hit out of the park,

clearly you can’t handle it Here talking as if you were threatened, your move

I suggest you mosey on over to the PX and read about this site's stance on counterfeit stuff. It's not a threat, it's a warning about a rule that has long been stated.

I'm sorry that I don't even know what or where the PX is? I have also never read any of the rules on this or any other site.
Had I known any of the forum rules, I'm certain that I would have curbed my wagging tongue. I was here for the same reason
that every one else is.
I was obviously mistaken when I assumed that this site and every other forum was a place for people to share their
experience's and ideas with other people. Basically a giant classroom for the benefit of all.

I will look into the PX if I'm not already banned. If the rules at the PX feel like Good Ol Boy rules, I will most like
bow out. After a lifetime in engineering, I have some pretty strong views, I'm not much on being a follower.

Regards
Shawn Carroll

Before you spout off in someone else's house, you may wish to read the rules and understand it isn't good old boys rules, more like mutual respect within the community.

As another life long engineer, I question someone's abilities to be a good one, when they speak in absolutes. That's not solid engineering, that immaturity that can't grasp multiple solutions or paths to solution. Hiding behind an engineering title is a lame excuse for bad behavior and narrow thinking....

Reactions: lash and 260284
funny you get a intro message when you sign on and it links you to the rules,

but telling us you know nothing about the operation and then how you should be able to speak your mind as you see fit seems at odds with each other.

we did educate you, we explained why we take offense to the talk of knock off bipods. We said it’s personal and professional, it’s also a very bad investment and even worse advice. So future posters who might read this will understand it. We get that Amazon is everywhere and easy. People will buy the first thing they see, this saves them that pain.

but you being a mouthy know it all, instead twisted it into a threat and immediately started to protest. Must be the new generation as they only speak in spin.

I’m pretty good at spotting issues on here, thousands set the tone before you, my read is you’re incompatible with the group, but I ve been wrong before, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Mike4837

but telling us you know nothing about the operation and then how you should be able to speak your mind as you see fit seems at odds with each other.

we did educate you, we explained why we take offense to the talk of knock off bipods. We said it’s personal and professional, it’s also a very bad investment and even worse advice. So future posters who might read this will understand it. We get that Amazon is everywhere and easy. People will buy the first thing they see, this saves them that pain.

but you being a mouthy know it all, instead twisted it into a threat and immediately started to protest. Must be the new generation as they only speak in spin.

I’m pretty good at spotting issues on here, thousands set the tone before you, my read is you’re incompatible with the group, but I ve been wrong before, but I doubt it.

Please allow me to back up....

Since I originally got onto this forum, I have never signed out. When I get an email on yahoo about a thread, I go straight to it.

The first time that I have ever looked for any of the rules has been tonight. Thus far, I have found nothing about any rules or
anything that resembles PX.

The OP started off with a problem and I was / am perfectly willing to send him my Harris parts for free.

You say that you educated me. Dude... I'm 57 years old, what do you think my ears hear when you tell me that?
I'm fairly certain that If I claim to have educated you, you would blow a gasket!! And I would not blame you.

I will sign out and see what pops up when I sign back in.

Regards

lowLite,
It looks like these are the rules. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/snipers-hide-forum-rules.6946344/
I only stumbled across them in the commercial sales area. I certainly didn't see them pop up anywhere after I signed back in.
I will read them by tomorrow.

I'm the guy who enjoys pissing off the dipshits that recommend airsoft crap.

What makes you so certain that it was designed for airsoft? It sounds like you are parroting someone else. I don't think you have a brain of your own. Dipshit is so creative !!

I'm the guy who enjoys pissing off the dipshits that recommend airsoft crap.

Here is the first rule of the forum.
1. Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. The diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.

I have found some rules in the sales area about Fakes / Clones (#2 and #2A) but it feels fairly vague. Is there anything else that I have missed? If so, would you please direct me to it?

OP,
They've been pretty good to respond to emails in the past. I am not sure if the covid/corna virus has affected them or not. Might be patient.

I switched to the previously mentioned levers and they came with a replacement of that screw. If worst comes to worst you might be able to find a suitable replacement/stand in at a napa or auto store, just check through the set screws. Good luck

What makes you so certain that it was designed for airsoft? It sounds like you are parroting someone else. I don't think you have a brain of your own. Dipshit is so creative !!

It's a shit knockoff, period, intellectual property theft. I don't care what the original intent or purpose was, what it's designed for is to rip-off sales from B&T.

Dudes a troll, ban hammer! ?

Didn't AirGunShawn already sit out March because of a comment on someone's sale thread? Lowlight is being very patient with this one.

Is Harris' customer service stuck in 1969 like all of their products?

I've had a similar issue with my Harris except it was the main bolt that sheared in half while trying to tighten the nut, rendered the entire bipod useless the day before a match. Quick fix i did was replace the bolt with one from the hardware store, put some washers on one end and a nyloc nut on the other. You can still adjust the nut for tension and it wont come loose. I tried to call/email harris numerous times and never got an answer, i will never buy another harris again.

I ended up buying the Atlas cal gen 2. The harris is trash compared to the quality of the atlas.

had a similar issue with my harris bipod, called customer service to order new parts as it was clearly my fault for breaking the stud off. they asked no questions and said thanks for buying our product and shipped out new hardware at no expense to me.

Your the type of guy that makes the general order book thicker by the week.

If it is just the nut that is stripped, I have these on several Harris and they work well. It it the the bolt that the nut goes on, then you will need to contact Harris. They will probably send you one for free.

Send your complete bipod to the KMW shop via UPS or USPS Flat Rate.
I am still in the shop and going wide open.
I have several Harris bipods in inventory. I can replace what you need to get it back to spec and have in on the way to you same day received here. I will pay the return postage back to you and when everything calms down, I can get Harris to fix/replace what I had to rob from one of the ones here.

If you elect to do this, send to:

KMW
Suite B
1405 Frank Andrews Blvd.
Alexandria, LA 71303

Be sure to include your return address, phone and an email that tracking can be slaved to upon return.

Be safe.
Terry

./

I have found some rules in the sales area about Fakes / Clones (#2 and #2A) but it feels fairly vague. Is there anything else that I have missed? If so, would you please direct me to it?
Holy shit, you've been told everything you need to know. Give it a rest.

Reactions: 260284
I have several Harris bipods in inventory. I can replace what you need to get it back to spec and have in on the way to you same day received here. I will pay the return postage back to you and when everything calms down, I can get Harris to fix/replace what I had to rob from one of the ones here.

KMW
Suite B
1405 Frank Andrews Blvd.
Alexandria, LA 71303

Be sure to include your return address, phone and an email that tracking can be slaved to upon return.

Be safe.
Terry

./
@ Terry Cross is a class act for sure.

Designed for airsoft? . . . . No.

It was "designed" by B&T Industries and them alone to be a bomb proof, heavy use bipod for real rifles.
The design was finalized with dimensions and angles that would provide top performance and service when manufactured from quality material.

By definition, anyone knocking off another product has ZERO input on "design".
They just mimic the dimensions and manufacture out of the cheapest materials and methods possible to maximize their profit. That is why the knock offs fail or cause damage to the host mechanism when subjected to actual hard use.

Your claim to an engineering background would piss off most real engineers and design people since you have zero respect for I.P. and the time/money that goes into successful new product design.

./

Terry, that's a amazing level of service. I will certainly remember it and hope I can do business with KMW one day. (More business then PodLocs, which I've always used) ?

I should also be said here that there is nothing wrong with Harris bipods... I bought one in 1988 and put it on my first "Precision" rifle, a .223 Remington heavy Barrel Varmint special. It's still there today and works like a charm. Shot a lot of woodchucks and coyotes with it. Since then, I've bought, owned (and still use) several more. They are a great piece of sporting equipment and they are very-reasonably-priced. They work and work well and are designed to provide a functional bipod for many consumers! Because they also sell a much higher volume than specialty-makers, they can offer a really good product for a good price.

I also own several Atlas bipods. And they are, as the price would suggest, among the best that can be purchased for rugged use, duty rifles and situations where equipment failure is not an option. I got my first one here on the 'Hide after reading about them and because the owner is very committed to this community. I now have several and it's what was on my duty rifle. The Atlas's encompass the best engineering, market research, materials, feedback from this community, accessories... and everything else that one can put into making something as perfect as it can be. When buying a new bipod, I now go to Atlas first.

Sadly, after building a great product and business and reputation... you become a target for thieves, which is what the knock-offs are. Theft. Worse, they can find their way into the supply chain represented as 'real' and when they fail in the field, the consequences may be severe. Counterfeiting is a multi-billion dollar business and in worst-cases (like pharmaceuticals and jet engine parts) it can cause mass-casualties. It's not all about Louis Vuitton bags and bad Rolex's. It should not be tolerated anywhere, much less among the community here on SH. And especially not when when of our number is getting ripped off.

Classy move on the repair, Terry Cross! Well done.

Sirhr

I think he will get the point,

I would not waste my time with knock off discussion

The Harris issue has been resolved and Terry stepping up demonstrates why this a community and point of protecting members within it.

We are approaching dead horse territory, but if you are bored, I get it

On a side note with this "Chinese" virus wrecking havoc. Dont support yet another Chinese "cloned someone else's work" product. I understand trying to say the OP some money, but just know what it goes to. Buying the real deal, yes you pay more, but for your money you get a quality US product made by a supporting, long standing member of this community . Kasey goes to great lengths to make sure we are satisfied with his product and if something is wrong he makes it right no matter the cost ( just like Terry). He and Terry are part of what makes this such a great community and sport.

Just to add, Kasey and his crew in MO are some of the nicest people I have dealt with in this industry. Their customer service is absolutely top notch. They have gone well above what anyone would expect for me on a couple of occasions. I've handled the Atlas knockoffs, and they are absolute pieces of shit. Not even in the same universe as the genuine product. They are the last people in this business I would rip-off by buying a Chinese counterfeit.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
OP hasn't even been back since he posted this. he's gonna be like WTF? i just asked about a part for my bipod guys. :LOL:

Harris is usually very good for support. Someone on here just last week lost half his bipod and he called them and they sent him what he needed free of charge. maybe this virus thing has them out of wack or out of office or something.

or take Terry up on his offer

KMW
Suite B
1405 Frank Andrews Blvd.
Alexandria, LA 71303

Be safe.
Terry

./
someone promote this man

KMW
Suite B
1405 Frank Andrews Blvd.
Alexandria, LA 71303

Be safe.
Terry

./
This is why we support those small businesses that support this community!!

Quality products with amazing customer service = success and loyal customers.

Thank you Terry