• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Harris Bipod: Smooth vs. Notched Legs

Re: Harris Bipod: Smooth vs. Notched Legs

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. I'm mostly shooting at pull-down targets at the range, so they're up in the air just a little. I'll go 9-13" notched, swivel...

Good info Steve. I am a notch user too, just got two from Steve and the PodLocks.

I love, well loved, my Harris smooth legs until I found the notched ones just now! Going to have to upgrade!

I honestly dont k.ow why smooth are even.still made, they are hot garbage. Trying to adjust a smooth while in the prone is akin to jerking off with a catchers mitt on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I honestly dont k.ow why smooth are even.still made, they are hot garbage. Trying to adjust a smooth while in the prone is akin to jerking off with a catchers mitt on </div></div>

I couldn't agree more! I understood the positives immediately when they showed the notched functioning.

9 to 13. Seems to work for almost all situations. Like KYpatriot said. You almost always have the 6-9 fully extended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I honestly dont k.ow why smooth are even.still made, they are hot garbage. Trying to adjust a smooth while in the prone is akin to jerking off with a catchers mitt on </div></div>

That's what I thought as well. Adjusting the smooth leg requires a third hand. Which comes in handy for the afore mentioned act.....that way I can use TWO catchers mits and still hold my drink.

That being said, there are a few people that find a good application for the smooth leg version.

Yeah I regret going for the 6-9" instead of the 9-13", but at least I got the notched swivel version. I'm probably going to give the 6-9" to my brother and buy the 9-13" from now on.