• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows pt 2 (No Spoilers)

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado
Well, I just got home from H.P. and have mixed feelings about it.

The first half was the usual cluster-fuck of plot holes and endless dead-ends (no I didn't read the books).

However, the second half (post tear scene) really brought the whole series together and tied up enough loose ends for somebody who didn't read to the books to actually understand what was going on in the last few movies which was nice. I ended up actually liking this movie but as usual there wasn't much action so don't expect a Lord of the Rings type battle. There are some unexpected twists which again having not read the books I didn't expect and that kept it pretty interesting. The wife and everyone around me were crying/cheering/clapping/laughing through the whole thing.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_2/

Re: Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows pt 2 (No Spoilers)

Just went and saw it.

I was tempted to stand up at one point (You know) and say "No Harry, *I* am your father".....

My daughter thanked me for not doing that.....:)

Was pretty good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I was tempted to stand up at one point (You know) and say "No Harry, *I* am your father".....

</div></div>

LMFAO!

was going on a marathon of the older movies before going to see this last one. Problem is didn't understand the last one. Good thing I read the book.

It was better then PT1 but the ending seemed like they threw it together after filming was over. Unlike LOTR's which had a great ending this one felt like an after thought and they really could have put some actual detail into it.

LOTR's was not afraid to make the last film longer than the norm, knowing that adding the extra time would decrease revenue, but the harry potter franchise has always been about money first the story second so to expect an extra 15-20 minutes so they can add much needed detail to the story and ending was a pipe dream.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was better then PT1 but the ending seemed like they threw it together after filming was over. Unlike LOTR's which had a great ending this one felt like an after thought and they really could have put some actual detail into it.

LOTR's was not afraid to make the last film longer than the norm, knowing that adding the extra time would decrease revenue, but the harry potter franchise has always been about money first the story second so to expect an extra 15-20 minutes so they can add much needed detail to the story and ending was a pipe dream. </div></div>

I couldn't agree more. Granted I didn't read the books but I feel as though all of the movies were cobbled together from scraps on the cutting room floor. There are so many over developed dead-ends and plot holes that I spend the vast majority of the movie just trying to figure out how the dead-end plots fit into the larger plot and what the larger plot is in the first place. In my view, the movies were just a way to grab more money from those who followed the books which were probably pretty good.

my favorite part was when...just kidding. but anyway i didnt read any of the books so i didnt know what to be dissappointed about with the movies. i like em and this one was really good as far as wrapping the rest of them up. i give it an A

Good wrap up for the series. I did not read the books either but followed this one fairly easy. Must have been a cold hearted crowd as I did not hear or see any waterworks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Must have been a cold hearted crowd as I did not hear or see any waterworks. </div></div>

Well you also went a week after it came out so I think your crowd was more of the 'it's just a movie' crowd whereas my crowd on opening night were the die-hard super nerds (my wife) who would buy tickets weeks in advance and wait in a 3 hour line. My crowd was jumping up and screaming, clapping every time somebody killed a baddie, and crying annoyingly.

thought it was an excellent movie...all of the harry potters were. but Part 2 was definitely darker and had more of a serious/dramatic sense to it, with good action.

I liked pt 2 better than the first part. That was long and boring. As far as the series goes I really liked it.

I read the books, of course. And honestly, I think I would have been lost with the movies as a number of things are left out and/or lots of plot dead ends in the movies.

Like the books, the movies grow and get more interesting as the kids get older. The last one is the best, no doubt.

One of my favorite things about part 2 is the liberal use of silence and the dearth of music. There are a lot of totally quiet moments and honestly they make a big impact on the feel.