• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Harvester

Hattrick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
I'm possibly looking to get one what are the pros and cons? I will be running it on multiple rifles mostly 6.5s up to 300wsm.

Get the big bore if you do. I have a big bore and a buddy has a regular harvester. Mine sounds way better on everything we have tried it on. Does a great job at taming my 20" 338 LM recoil as well. Also skip the asr mount and go with a dead air keymo mount and brake.

I have one. Pros are they maintain accuracy with minimal poi shift, are fairly inexpensive, well built, and are decently quiet. Not sure whether the Anchor brake does anything more to reduce recoil though.

Cons are the adapters are expensive for what they are, are a bit long for their suppression rating, and are not easy to keep clean due to the aluminum outer tube and most cleaners that work eat aluminum. I would suggest a good cleaning regimen to keep carbon buildup at a minimum. It was too late for mine when I bought it so I'll end up sending it in when it gets really bad.

I run mine on my 6.5 Creedmoor, 30-06 Remington 700 CDL, and my soon to be complete 308 Win. It was used when I bough it, and has been on a 260, and a 223.

I didn't no the dead air mount would work with that thanks. I tell ya the price point is pretty attractive at are local shop. Wondering is the stepping up to the Shaker would increase recoil reduction.

I also have a saker 762 asr. The big bore harvester takes more recoil off. Dead airs stuff works with the Sakers and anything omega thread pitch.

Reactions: thesemperfidude
Very happy w/my Harvester 300. Currently on a .308 that I put many rounds through - light, great sound suppression and anchor brake does reduce recoil significantly. Another poster did say it's a bit long - and it is - though light weight helps balance the equation. I will be running it on a .300 WM Kimber Mt Ascent later this year and expect it will tame the recoil. I purchased it ahead of the 41F change on a SilencerCo promo that rebated $200 tax stamp fee for SiCo gear (ended up buying covers and a ASR QR mount, essentially re-setting the suppressor at $299, the same price I paid for a .22 LR Sparrow. A tough deal to pass up and very happy I took it. Very sold on SiCo equipment all-round.

I had a tube failure on one, and never shot anything bigger than a 260 through it. Was shooting 223 when it failed. Silencero absolutely did right by me so I can't complain about that, but I'd get something more robust.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
The harvester 30 is a great lightweight can especially for the price. I'm waiting on a form 4 for a second one I ordered. The recoil reduction is very good- especially noticeable on my 270 WSM, more than on a 260. Makes a 243 shoot like at 22lr. Only thing to be careful of is using it with a short barrel (20") with a mag cartridge. SiCo fixed it quickly though, excellent customer service.

I just bought a harvester 30 2 weeks ago. I was very surprised by how light weight it was for being a long suppressor. I have a long wait until I still get it in my hands.
One question I have is, how do these hold up to 300 win mag? It will spend most it life on that caliber.

I’ve shot a few hundred 300WM through mine without any problems. I really like the can. I would suggest looking at a 338 can if you can, but if not the Harvester is a great can.

Get the big bore if you do. I have a big bore and a buddy has a regular harvester. Mine sounds way better on everything we have tried it on. Does a great job at taming my 20" 338 LM recoil as well. Also skip the asr mount and go with a dead air keymo mount and brake.
I have a BigBore and would like to try out the Keymo mount. I went to DA site and it shows compatibility only with Saker and Sandman series. Does this include the Harvester big bore as well? Or is there a specific Keymo mount for the Big bore? I can't stand the ASR mount. Thanks.

I have a BigBore and would like to try out the Keymo mount. I went to DA site and it shows compatibility only with Saker and Sandman series. Does this include the Harvester big bore as well? Or is there a specific Keymo mount for the Big bore? I can't stand the ASR mount. Thanks.

The big bore uses the omega/nomad thread pattern so anything that fits an omega will fit your big bore. Key mo is awesome btw I use it across all my cans period.

I have a Harvester and a TBAC 30P-1. They are both very accurate, repeatable, and quiet. I have used them both on .223, 260, 6.5 Creed, and 22BR. The Harvester is half the weight and price of the TBAC. Haven't had any durability issues with either. I will probably send it in to clean it. I soaked the TBAC in CLR and it came pretty clean.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
I had a bad internal baffle strike on mine, but still held sub .5 moa groups before noticing the damage. Lol. Sent it to sico, and the only thing that was original was the tube. Had it back fairly quick too. About 2.5 weeks. Not sure how the baffle strike happened other than carbon buildup maybe.

I had a bad internal baffle strike on mine, but still held sub .5 moa groups before noticing the damage. Lol. Sent it to sico, and the only thing that was original was the tube. Had it back fairly quick too. About 2.5 weeks. Not sure how the baffle strike happened other than carbon buildup maybe.
That happened to one of my friends harvesters, due to carbon. I just soak mine in clr about once a year just to clean the carbon out.

I've had a harvestor 300 for 3.5 years and have run about 2,000 rds thru it about half .300WM and other half .308 ... no issues ... mine is direct attach. The main downside is I have to count to 15 seconds after each round when shooting dots, groups, etc. to make sure I don't exceed ROF ... but I do that with all my suppressors now and it has become automatic ...
I do not run it on self-loading rifles ... use OMEGA for that.

A competitors 30 cal suppressor I have had to go back to the manuf due to POI shift ... but not the harvestor ... keeps on working ...

Reactions: 260284
ive had a harvester for 2+ years and beat the shit out of it predator hunting and competing. its been through many prs matches in some nasty heat and firing schedule. it keeps on trucking.

@LANCER , Note that the brakes on our website that are 3/4-24 have a .308 aperture. It's designed to seat on the muzzle of an SR-25, and on the shoulder of Desert Tech rifles.

Dead Air will have some specific 338 muzzle devices coming out, but it will easily be several months out. If you want to use the current 3/4-24, you'll need to bore it out.

@LANCER , Note that the brakes on our website that are 3/4-24 have a .308 aperture. It's designed to seat on the muzzle of an SR-25, and on the shoulder of Desert Tech rifles.

Dead Air will have some specific 338 muzzle devices coming out, but it will easily be several months out. If you want to use the current 3/4-24, you'll need to bore it out.

Thanks for the heads-up, haven't ordered yet, so I will wait till the specific brake comes out. I don't have any machining equipment, much less a drill press nor a .340 reamer. I'll keep using the ASR mount until the right brake comes out. I might buy the mount anyway though.

Thanks for the heads-up, haven't ordered yet, so I will wait till the specific brake comes out. I don't have any machining equipment, much less a drill press nor a .340 reamer. I'll keep using the ASR mount until the right brake comes out. I might buy the mount anyway though.
Send it to http://www.class3machining.com to bore it out. He’s priced right and quick.

Reactions: LANCER