• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone added weight to their Bravo?

I made my own Forend weight. 12oz lead and 8oz JB Weld original. Made a 1x9 form and then used a drill press to drill holes 24hrs later. Rifle went from 14.4 to 15.6 lbs for $25

Attachments

• E2A93451-334A-459C-AAF0-D33C101D8A6F.jpeg
    E2A93451-334A-459C-AAF0-D33C101D8A6F.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 192
  • A4AE2FB8-6B4E-4AE7-AA2A-0EACB927809D.jpeg
    A4AE2FB8-6B4E-4AE7-AA2A-0EACB927809D.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 187
I’m thinking about getting a pair of the mdt weights for the mlok slots on the foreend I need the flush cups anyway so that kind of makes the price a little easier I already have some lead in the rear but I think I like the idea of removable weight up front it balances right in front of the magwell right now but I would like to move the balance point forward a few inches Now that I’ve used it

EDIT: it seems with the dimension mdt provides on their website their weights will not fit the two mlok slots on the bravo foreend

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaseerickson12
Thanks @Massoud I'm glad to see KRG keeping their ears out for customer recommendations. I love my bravo so far. The ergos are great and I like the ability to add stuff as you go. I’ve got at least 3 accessories on mine.

Reactions: Massoud
Agreed, I've been switching my setups from a different well-known manufacturer over to KRG. I like how theyre always developing new stuff and keeping an eye on the forums. Great customer service, excellent products, and their chassis look straight up evil. Love KRG.

Hey @Massoud question for you on the heavy LOP spacers... are the ones from KRG intended for use with the Bravo chassis, or just the Whiskey/X-Ray?

Also, will the Arca XL rail work with the Bravo, or would there be a tendency for a 'springboard' effect on the extended portion of the rail that sticks out beyond the fore-end? Would the Arca spigot be a better option for mounting a 'pod further out front?

Hey @Massoud question for you on the heavy LOP spacers... are the ones from KRG intended for use with the Bravo chassis, or just the Whiskey/X-Ray?

Also, will the Arca XL rail work with the Bravo, or would there be a tendency for a 'springboard' effect on the extended portion of the rail that sticks out beyond the fore-end? Would the Arca spigot be a better option for mounting a 'pod further out front?

The LOP spacers will fit the Bravo as well.

The Arca XL is only meant for the Enclosed Forend. It would cantilever out a little too far on a regular forend, even being 7075. The Arca Spigot would be a better option for sure or there be another company that makes a really stout rail that would work. We are considering a considerably longer Arca Spigot for PRS guys if that's something that would interest you.

Thank you fellas for your business,
Justin

If you do a new spigot, can you put 2 countersunk holes in the mount that line up with the INVR? That'd be dope.

The LOP spacers will fit the Bravo as well.

I figured they would *fit*; I was thinking more about durability with hanging steel weights from brass inserts epoxied into plastic on the Bravo, as compared to directly into the chassis itself on the other models (I'm assuming so, haven't played with the other flavors in person).

I figured they would *fit*; I was thinking more about durability with hanging steel weights from brass inserts epoxied into plastic on the Bravo, as compared to directly into the chassis itself on the other models (I'm assuming so, haven't played with the other flavors in person).

I'm not real big on hanging the steel weights anywhere really. The Bravo inserts are molded in place though, it's a pretty stout setup. The heavy LOP spacer adds little in shear or tensile stress to the insert but does add some bending/translational stress which will be reacted by the surrounding polymer assuming full screw depth into the insert. This will be mitigated somewhat to entirely by the friction of the clamped joint between buttpad, LOP spacer, and rear stock. Personally I'd rather people didn't add the weight but I understand some want to and a suppressor or brake just doesn't do the trick.

On the W-3 it's the same way, the screws would go through the heavy LOP spacer into molded-in threaded inserts in the recoil pad mount plate. The X-ray has steel nuts captured inside of it.

Thanks guys.
Justin

Reactions: memilanuk
Sorry, mine didn't look like that...
IMG_20190514_172541690.jpg

It had the one hole up front, which I turned a plug for, then drilled the 2 holes your print shows.

Last edited:
Sorry, mine didn't look like that...
It had the one hole up front, which I turned a plug for, then drilled the 2 holes your print shows.

Ah ok, yes we made a small amount without the holes because most shooters using a Spigot have been going to the NVMC Kit which mounts on the spigot instead of the INVR. We brought the holes back because might as well have them in there. Yours looks nicely done.

Justin

Thanks Justin. After you let me know it was possible, all it took was a Sunday afternoon on my buddy's Bridgeport & it works like a champ now.

I added 2¾ lbs to my Bravo last night, very happy with the outcome. Thanks for doing that, man.

I can't speak for the W3 but for the X-Ray. Backbone is the same and I like the ergonomics of the Bravo way more than the X-Ray. In fact I bought a Bravo butstock and installed on my X-Ray backbone converting the X-Ray on a Bravo.
Hey. do you still have the x-ray back end do you want to sell it? I want the x-ray back end on my bravo.