• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone else had there remington 700 action chip

kool Guyy117

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2013
I noticed a small chip inside my remington 700 action it's so small and it doesn't affect the rifle but damn I'm kind of a perfectionist and it's getting to me has anyone else had this happen to you?

image.jpg

That's not the clearest picture, you really need to use a macro setting on your camera (the flower symbol), but it looks like you're talking about at the bend in the action, right in the corner. Is that it? Doesn't look like anything at all that will cause an issue.

I'll say this much about R700 actions from my experience... If you're a "perfectionist", they're not for you. Remington turns out a very efficient but bottom dollar action. They work, but they will not be pretty or perfect, which is why we all have them trued up by a competent gunsmith. If you want a perfect action, get a Defiance, Surgeon, (insert top tier action name here) instead. If you want a perfect R700, call TacOps. But don't expect perfect for $400 like a R700 costs.

It's a tool. Go hammer and disregard the little insignificant things!

Last edited: