• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Has anyone had their stamp lost in the mail?

Naish

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
Sacramento, CA
NFA says the tax stamp was mailed on September 16, but the shop I got the can at says they have not received it? Now I have to wait for the NFA to send another one.

you wont get another physical stamp, your form will be embossed like the old notary stamps with a signature next to it
Ive had 2 lost in the mail

I lost one in my gun safe. I have no idea where it went.

I hope its just sitting there and not lost because I really do want the stamp. Why do they take so long to mail stuff? The shop I bought it from requested the cert copy. Will they still send the stamp if a certified copy was requested?

Going through this as well. Stamp was approved on 12 August and has yet to arrive. BATF rep advised they have 30 days to send it out once approved. My dealer requested the stamp be reissued on 21 October so hopefully it will show up soon. Next week will be a complete year since my paperwork was received.

They lost my first one too. The second one I got the stamp. I am like you, I wanted the damn stamp I paid so much for! Doesn't work any better than a cert. copy but it looks cooler. I wonder where these things end up? Seems kind of sketchy on the part of such a peculiar government agency to lose so many important official docs.

Still haven't seen my paperwork and was approved on the 30th of Sept.

Nov 15th is the day my dealer can request a certified copy.

My first stamp too so it does kinda suck to not receive the stamp but I'm sure we will forget about that once we start enjoying it.

My stamp was lost in transit on its way to my dealer. Apparently the first reissue was as well. I am now on my second reissue request and was told by the BATF examiner it would be sent directly to me and not the dealer.

I'm dealing with lost tax stamp bullshit as well. Stamp issued on Sept 27th and asked for reissue on November 25th. Still waiting for dealer to alert me of the copy arriving. How long does the reissue take??????