• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone hot rodded a G2 DPMS yet?

Lofty

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2008
Lenexa KS
I'm thinking a G2 sent to GAP and have them work their magic on it and spin up a 26 inch 6 Creedmoor Bartlien barrel for it would make for one hell of a light weight match rifle. Basically an AR15 sized rifle with the capability of the 6 CM cartridge.

Start with the Recon package since half of it would end up on the shelf anyways. Just wondering if anyone has takled a project like that yet and how it worked out.

Are their barrel extensions available for the G2? I thought the G2 uses a proprietary barrel extension.

Are their barrel extensions available for the G2? I thought the G2 uses a proprietary barrel extension.

Hmmm....I would think you could most likely cannibalize it off the existing barrel no?

26" barrel would kinda defeat the purpose of the lightweight G2 build.

I was thinking, I could have a 24-26 inch barrel on a heavier, bigger standard AR10 chassis, or a lighter, more compact chassis like the G2.

The barrel length is a factor I cannot change if I want the performance of a round like the 6 CM. Any shorter and I would be giving up too much velocity, I would already be losing some just by going to a gas gun. However, saving weight is saving weight.....either way I would think it would be a lighter more nimble package.

26" barrel would kinda defeat the purpose of the lightweight G2 build.

The 24" GII bull barrel model is surprisingly well balanced, right behind the 20" Hunter with carbon fiber tube handguard.

There is some work in progress as we speak of doing GII in .260 Remington. I'll have more to share at the end of the summer.

Parts kits aren't going to be available for these for a long time, because they are filling orders faster than they can make them.

It's going to be a cannibalizing affair for a while, which is no problem by me.

Freedom Group would do really well to price a parts kit with everything except the barrel and furniture, for a price point that increases their margins, while staying enough under retail for existing models. That would increase margins for them, reduce production time and liability, and allow the market to do a lot of real world R&D on the other calibers, not that they don't have a lot of data for that already with LR-308/260/243/338Fed line up.

Last edited: