• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone seen a spare AI bolt before?

nso123

High Speed Steel Stinger
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
Tennessee
I have pinned down a couple of spare AI factory bolts, and am curious as to how rare they might be? I had never seen a spare bolt before.

Over the years a few have trickled out.

it really depends, at one point they sold bolts to convert the 300WM to 338, then pulled it. So there are long action bolts around.

I have not seen 308 spare bolts but that doesn't mean anything. Because of the military contracts there would be spare parts.

You could probably be the Where's Waldo world champion... Sometimes is hard to find a damned AI handstop, a bolt seems almost impossible.

And yes I just wanted to use the Waldo comment...

You could probably be the Where's Waldo world champion... Sometimes is hard to find a damned AI handstop, a bolt seems almost impossible.

And yes I just wanted to use the Waldo comment...

That is great. I have never been a world champion, but apparently I found Waldo.

You exceeded course standards. I should send you a 1059 stating such.

" Finding Waldo - exceeds course standards."
You'd be honor grad!

What would you do with one? Who has ever worn an AI bolt out...? Or broken one?

I'm curious myself. I thought there were crazy folks with something like 50K rounds through their AI rifles...

I now have my hands on Waldo..... New and in his original wrapper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 14
You have a complete bolt, you trump me. I have a bolt body and head.

As to why, simple. My 300wm 2.0 becomes a .338 lapua with a bolt and barrel swap. But I still have to pull my firing pin and safety off swap as well.

What caliber is that, 308? Looks short from the pic

You have a complete bolt, you trump me. I have a bolt body and head.

As to why, simple. My 300wm 2.0 becomes a .338 lapua with a bolt and barrel swap. But I still have to pull my firing pin and safety off swap as well.

What caliber is that, 308? Looks short from the pic

Yeah, it is a complete .308 bolt. I don't understand why it is so hard to get one complete, but it obviously is as this is the only one I have seen.