• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Has anyone used CPC?

jetmd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2010
Smithville, MO
Have any of you used Connecticut Precision Chambering for work on your rimfire?

I have read on another forum that his work is great, but would like to hear from
some of the SH members.

Thanks!

I've had Randy do two 10/22's for me.

One was a 1960's production stocker I just sent the trigger, bolt, and receiver so he could do his usual tuneup (trigger job, bolt truing & jeweling.) It ended up getting a Green Mountain barrel and Tech Sights and is my iron sights plinker.

The second rifle is a Force Productions billet receiver (same as Kidd) with a Volquartsen barrel. I had Randy do a trigger job, all the bolt work, and thread the receiver & barrel as I was going for all-out accuracy and consistency with that build and didn't want the V-block.

His prices were fair, turnaround times good, and the quality of work is very good.

His trigger jobs on the stock Ruger triggers aren't quite as good as a complete KIDD drop in but they're very crisp and about 2#.

Reactions: Westcoast308
I had him do my 10-22 bolt and a High Standard .22 pistol barrel.

His work is excellent, very quick, and reasonably priced.

+1 for Randy @ CPC. I sent off a 10/22 to him at the beginning of the year and had the barrel/receiver threaded and bolt worked on. He also did trigger work for me in years past.

Thumbs-up for Connecticut Precision Chambering

Have any of you used Connecticut Precision Chambering for work on your rimfire?

I have read on another forum that his work is great, but would like to hear from
some of the SH members.

Thanks!

I had Randy (at CPC) do some work for me on a custom 10/22 project several years ago. I sent CPC an MOA Corporation 10/22 Replacement Receiver along with a 20" SS Kidd Match Barrel for Randy so Randy could recut the (rough) 3/4-16 threads in the receiver and thread the barrel into the receiver (thereby eliminating the shitty, barrel droop-inducing V-Block. Of course the barrel had to lose a little length and be re-chambered when Randy turned-down the tenon end of the barrel to thread it, but no big deal. Mounted into a McMillan 10/22 Sporter stock and with both the front and rear lugs torqued down, on very calm days (i.e. wind of 3 MPH or less) my custom MOA 10/22 shoots <1 MOA out to 300 yards. YAOG has shot this 10/22 many times with the same results and will attest to my 10/22's accuracy and consistency. I've only shot 40gr. Winchester Super-X High Velocity, 40gr. Winchester Super-X T22, and 40gr. Wolf MT but it seems to like all three (best groups are with older lots T22 and Wolf MT).

Barreled action of my custom MOA 10/22 with threaded-in Kidd Match Barrel, Two-Stage Kidd Trigger, and EGW 20 MOA Rail. The Tactical Solutions Rails have superior machining and finish compared to the EGW Rails, but Tactical Solutions only offers 0 and a 15 MOA 10/22 Rails and I wanted at least 20 MOA so I went with the 20 MOA EGW to get the “extra” 5 MOA. I later shortened the "overhang" of the EGW Rail a bit to clear the objective bell flare of a Falcon 4-14X44mm:

10-shot group at 100 yards. The first 5 shots were fired slowly into about 1/2 MOA, but the group expanded as I fired the other 5 fast trying to beat the wind:

My MOA 10/22 as originally-configured with a Leupold 4.5-14X40mm A.O., PRW Low Rings, and Tactical Solutions 15 MOA Rail:

Keith