• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone used CPC?

jetmd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2010
Smithville, MO
Have any of you used Connecticut Precision Chambering for work on your rimfire?

I have read on another forum that his work is great, but would like to hear from
some of the SH members.

Thanks!

I've had Randy do two 10/22's for me.

One was a 1960's production stocker I just sent the trigger, bolt, and receiver so he could do his usual tuneup (trigger job, bolt truing & jeweling.) It ended up getting a Green Mountain barrel and Tech Sights and is my iron sights plinker.

The second rifle is a Force Productions billet receiver (same as Kidd) with a Volquartsen barrel. I had Randy do a trigger job, all the bolt work, and thread the receiver & barrel as I was going for all-out accuracy and consistency with that build and didn't want the V-block.

His prices were fair, turnaround times good, and the quality of work is very good.

His trigger jobs on the stock Ruger triggers aren't quite as good as a complete KIDD drop in but they're very crisp and about 2#.

Reactions: Westcoast308
I had him do my 10-22 bolt and a High Standard .22 pistol barrel.

His work is excellent, very quick, and reasonably priced.

+1 for Randy @ CPC. I sent off a 10/22 to him at the beginning of the year and had the barrel/receiver threaded and bolt worked on. He also did trigger work for me in years past.

Thumbs-up for Connecticut Precision Chambering

Have any of you used Connecticut Precision Chambering for work on your rimfire?

I have read on another forum that his work is great, but would like to hear from
some of the SH members.

Thanks!

I had Randy (at CPC) do some work for me on a custom 10/22 project several years ago. I sent CPC an MOA Corporation 10/22 Replacement Receiver along with a 20" SS Kidd Match Barrel for Randy so Randy could recut the (rough) 3/4-16 threads in the receiver and thread the barrel into the receiver (thereby eliminating the shitty, barrel droop-inducing V-Block. Of course the barrel had to lose a little length and be re-chambered when Randy turned-down the tenon end of the barrel to thread it, but no big deal. Mounted into a McMillan 10/22 Sporter stock and with both the front and rear lugs torqued down, on very calm days (i.e. wind of 3 MPH or less) my custom MOA 10/22 shoots <1 MOA out to 300 yards. YAOG has shot this 10/22 many times with the same results and will attest to my 10/22's accuracy and consistency. I've only shot 40gr. Winchester Super-X High Velocity, 40gr. Winchester Super-X T22, and 40gr. Wolf MT but it seems to like all three (best groups are with older lots T22 and Wolf MT).

Barreled action of my custom MOA 10/22 with threaded-in Kidd Match Barrel, Two-Stage Kidd Trigger, and EGW 20 MOA Rail. The Tactical Solutions Rails have superior machining and finish compared to the EGW Rails, but Tactical Solutions only offers 0 and a 15 MOA 10/22 Rails and I wanted at least 20 MOA so I went with the 20 MOA EGW to get the “extra” 5 MOA. I later shortened the "overhang" of the EGW Rail a bit to clear the objective bell flare of a Falcon 4-14X44mm:

10-shot group at 100 yards. The first 5 shots were fired slowly into about 1/2 MOA, but the group expanded as I fired the other 5 fast trying to beat the wind:

My MOA 10/22 as originally-configured with a Leupold 4.5-14X40mm A.O., PRW Low Rings, and Tactical Solutions 15 MOA Rail:

Keith