• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone used the Battleline SAPR to get a better cheek weld?

RyanScott

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2005
Houston
I saw one of these the other day: Battleline Industries SAPR and was thinking it would be useful. Using a 50mm scope in a declinated base it's hard to get a cheek weld. Does anyone have one they could report on? Pictures of it in action maybe?

I have one on a ubr and love it!!! I feel it's a must have for any kind of precision shooting.

I have a SAPR on a LMT sopmod stock. I use it with a OBR, and I like a it a lot better than the Larue RISR. The SAPR works really well and doesn't unseat your ear protection.

Last edited:
I am also looking into buying one for that same reason. They look like a very well built peice of equipment.

I prefer to lower the optic if at all possible versus using a cheekrest. I'm using a nightforce unimount, the low model. I want to say that it is a 1.125 height, but google it to make sure. With a 50mm nightforce, I just barely have enough clearance over the hand guard, and it puts the optic at a great height. The hand guard is an apex without the top rail, which gives some more clearance too.

I'll get you some pictures this afternoon. I somehow managed to lose the tension screw that locks in the cheekpiece once you get the height set, before I even used the damn thing.

Fortunately, Josh over at Battleline got a couple of screws in the mail as soon as I called him, so I'm good to go now. If you have a large objective and an AR handguard that just prevents you from getting your scope down low, this is the way to go!

The SAPR is an awesome product and works great.

Josh shaved a lot of weight off the unit from the original so you have a nice balance to it. The adjustability just screams accuracy as you can set the rifle up to shoot and not compromise with your precision AR

SOPMOD or Magpul, a worthy addition

1000070_582621788445056_508295294_n.jpg

942948_574999249207310_1194311420_n.jpg

I prefer to lower the optic if at all possible versus using a cheekrest. I'm using a nightforce unimount, the low model. I want to say that it is a 1.125 height, but google it to make sure. With a 50mm nightforce, I just barely have enough clearance over the hand guard, and it puts the optic at a great height. The hand guard is an apex without the top rail, which gives some more clearance too.

Some of us can not use a lower mount. If you have a front mount NV or even some back mount NV then you need to be at 1.5 or even higher with your optic. The 1.5" is the current hight for most front mount Night Vision so you need to mount your scope at that hight. It is nice to have the SAPR to give your a great cheek rest for your scope day or night.

Ok... Interested..... Wonder how much

The SAPR is an awesome product and works great.

Josh shaved a lot of weight off the unit from the original so you have a nice balance to it. The adjustability just screams accuracy as you can set the rifle up to shoot and not compromise with your precision AR

SOPMOD or Magpul, a worthy addition

1000070_582621788445056_508295294_n.jpg

942948_574999249207310_1194311420_n.jpg

Rainier Arms was running a sale on these for a bit. I'm a big fan of the SAPR, I have it on my MATEN's Magpul CTR stock, and I get a comfortable, consistent cheekweld with it.

Josh at Battleline has excellent customer service skills. When I called to request a replacement for the tension screw I had lost, he took the time to ask my thoughts on the product and find out if it was meeting my needs. He also promptly got a couple of replacement screws mailed out to me.

The only changes I would/plan to make is adding a thumbscrew to make it easier to adjust the cheekrest height, and possibly some sort of foam on the cheekrest itself, just as insulation for shooting on those cold-as-a-witches-tit winter days.

Hey Guys,

Lots of questions here on the S.A.P.R., thanks Lowlight for answering them. Just so everyone is clear on the difference regarding the SOPMOD Gen 1 & Gen 2 S.A.P.R. (Stock Attachment Precision Rifle). the Gen 1 S.A.P.R. for the SOPMOD stock is 17.5 ounces and the Gen 2 S.A.P.R. for SOPMOD is 11.75 ounces. This is the only difference, the fit and function is the same. On the Gen 1 S.A.P.R. for the Magpul version we started with the lightweight option from the beginning and it only weighs 12 ounces. We sell them on our website and the Gen 1 SOPMOD S.A.P.R. is marked down to make new room for the Gen 2's. Rainier Arms is our master distributor at this time and they run sales on the S.A.P.R. occasionally.

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries

Only thing that kills me on this is the 200 price tag....

Hey Guys,

Lots of questions here on the S.A.P.R., thanks Lowlight for answering them. Just so everyone is clear on the difference regarding the SOPMOD Gen 1 & Gen 2 S.A.P.R. (Stock Attachment Precision Rifle). the Gen 1 S.A.P.R. for the SOPMOD stock is 17.5 ounces and the Gen 2 S.A.P.R. for SOPMOD is 11.75 ounces. This is the only difference, the fit and function is the same. On the Gen 1 S.A.P.R. for the Magpul version we started with the lightweight option from the beginning and it only weighs 12 ounces. We sell them on our website and the Gen 1 SOPMOD S.A.P.R. is marked down to make new room for the Gen 2's. Rainier Arms is our master distributor at this time and they run sales on the S.A.P.R. occasionally.

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries

Elfster,

I understand some people think the price is to high and we did our best to be competitive with the market. We looked at the Magpul PRS which is a good product for the right application, MSRP from Magpuls website is $255.00

Our S.A.P.R. combined with a Magpul MOE stock is $260 MSRP, so we are $5 more than a PRS and you get a collapsible option, lighter weight, as well as more adjustment, fit and flexibility with the S.A.P.R. The PRS has some limitations compared to the S.A.P.R. and a Magpul collapsible stock combination, i.e. it's not collapsible, it's heavier, you can't move the cheek piece out of the way in a quick manner to access different sight planes and the butt pad section doesn't cant for optimal fit. I think the extra $5 dollars is worth the gain to have all those features just mentioned for the S.A.P.R. Obviously, if you buy any other Magpul collapsible stock the cost starts to go up. In addition, the B5 Systems SOPMOD stock is $94.95 from Rainier Arms and with a S.A.P.R. you are at basically $300 ($45 more than a PRS) for a fully adjustable, collapsible precision rifle stock with storage and lighter weight.

Please understand that I replied to share our thoughts from Battleline Industries and why we do what we do. This post is in no way designed to bash those opinions of elfster or anyone else who has questions why our products are priced the way they are. I just want to educate the public and share our side. Also, this post is not designed to bash Magpul products in any way. They make excellent products and have different applications that they were designed for. I am just pointing out the differences between our product and theirs and the different applications our S.A.P.R. can be used for.

If you have any other questions I am happy to answer them the best I can.

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries

Thanks for the input. Good information. Ill put some thought into this.

Elfster,

I understand some people think the price is to high and we did our best to be competitive with the market. We looked at the Magpul PRS which is a good product for the right application, MSRP from Magpuls website is $255.00

Our S.A.P.R. combined with a Magpul MOE stock is $260 MSRP, so we are $5 more than a PRS and you get a collapsible option, lighter weight, as well as more adjustment, fit and flexibility with the S.A.P.R. The PRS has some limitations compared to the S.A.P.R. and a Magpul collapsible stock combination, i.e. it's not collapsible, it's heavier, you can't move the cheek piece out of the way in a quick manner to access different sight planes and the butt pad section doesn't cant for optimal fit. I think the extra $5 dollars is worth the gain to have all those features just mentioned for the S.A.P.R. Obviously, if you buy any other Magpul collapsible stock the cost starts to go up. In addition, the B5 Systems SOPMOD stock is $94.95 from Rainier Arms and with a S.A.P.R. you are at basically $300 ($45 more than a PRS) for a fully adjustable, collapsible precision rifle stock with storage and lighter weight.

Please understand that I replied to share our thoughts from Battleline Industries and why we do what we do. This post is in no way designed to bash those opinions of elfster or anyone else who has questions why our products are priced the way they are. I just want to educate the public and share our side. Also, this post is not designed to bash Magpul products in any way. They make excellent products and have different applications that they were designed for. I am just pointing out the differences between our product and theirs and the different applications our S.A.P.R. can be used for.

If you have any other questions I am happy to answer them the best I can.

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries

Regalkismet,

the S.A.P.R. for the Magpul stocks adds 1.75" and the S.A.P.R. for the SOPMOD stocks adds 1.5" length of pull.

Josh