• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Has no one watched the new "monkey" movie yet?

Movie was OK. Saw it in 3D due to the time I could go. Totally not worth 3D. The story really didn't do anything for me. Graphics were perfect though. I can only mange to recommend this as a rental unless you really have a thing for Ape movies.

More action than the 1st one, I saw the 3d as well due to time it was shown. I thought it as decent wasn't sure what I wanted to see so chose this. Graphics and effects were very good.
Notes:
Koba is an a##hole
There werent any monkey snipers
Monkeys have poor trigger discipline

Making wet fur and crying apes in a matter of weeks nearly killed us. I had to take a 6 week vacation after that one ;)

Though i'm not a huge fan of the series (new one at least) Saw the first didn't get into it (CGI was great, just can't get into the premise lmao) I've heard this one is great. Plus Gary Oldman is in, so i'm going to see it Tuesday.

I saw it Saturday. The opening scene is very Hollywood/contrived - ridiculously over-the-top. So I figured the movie would be this way throughout. But the close you got to the apes, the more the story and characters evolved, the more you felt like the apes were real. And when the apes raid the armory - the guns are pretty cool too. Lots of SCARs, ARs, M249s, and maybe a few of the new Berettas.

It gets 8.5 on IMDB and I think this is pretty accurate.

It's pretty damn good I think.

Dogtown major props to you and your fellow artist who did the work on Plant of the Apes. I can honestly say it's the best CGI i've seen to date. It's pretty astonishing really. I think what puts it at that position is rendering the hair that realistic. I know CGI is well above games, but that hair was beyond tech demos that make my jaw drop. Well done.

As for the movie what can i say i just don't get into planet of the apes lol. Also i never can get on the sentimental side of the apes, and at points felt the movie was sponsored by PETA. Just not really into Apes taking over. But i went in knowing this and wanted to basically see the CGI, Andy Serkis as Caesar, and Gary Oldman.

I have spent a large amount of time watching all the "monkey" movies since the original Charlton Heston of 1968 so I am taking my daughter and wife to see it tonight.