• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Has the latest ammo shortage changed your rifle of choice?

I have been stocking up for years. Every time I go shoot I usually buy double what I shot, and that has been a good habit for me over the years. This latest ammo boom hasn't changed my shooting habits whatsoever.

Has hit me hard for pistol ammo. Luckily I have enough stocked up but my buddies don't. Trying to go to the range and they have no ammo. 6.5CM is widely available, which is weird given how popular I thought it was but after reading this thread it looks 50/50. I thought building a 280AI I'd be able to find ammo but that was scarce at first.

It hasn't.

I just got 16lbs of IMR 7977 for the 300WM when my 16lbs of H1000 runs out and 16lbs of IMR 4451 just on case I decide to get a 6.5CM some day.

I also put 16lbs of Titegroup on the order to max out the hazmat tag.

I also just got 15K LP primers from Scheel's on Friday.

Ammo shortage? What ammo shortage. I just got back from Wally's World and bought two boxes of .22 Mag for my Rem 597 and a box of .308 for my Ruger Gunsite Scout! No worries mate!

Long before this shortage I find myself shooting 22 a lot more than center fire, both precision and 3 gun type shooting.
22 makes me much more willing to pull the trigger than centerfire, and it's easier to train with without packing targets out to 1,000 yards or needing to go to the range for the full 3 gun setup.
Reloading the expensive ammo helps a lot, other than that stockpile the cheap stuff when times are "normal", then you don't have to worry about the temporary freak out scenarios.

I just started reloading for my 308. It's a lot of fun. I stockpiled some 6.5 when it was impossible to find, and now it's all over the shelves at my local store....