• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Have $2.1k for glass. Down to two choices. Need advice.

Vortex is great stuff. But if it was me I would do a Nightforce F1 3-15x50 FFP. It's a great scope. 15x is more then enough to get well past 1000yards. It's also enough to see bullet holes in paper at 100yards if your trying to group or test loads.

For whatever its worth Ive taken my NF F1 out to 1k yards and I only use 10x magnification. As far as illumination to me its a novelty. I cant speak for the two mentioned scopes but if you can look through an F1 before making your decision....you should. I think you would find going after the high magnification is not what its cracked up to be, IMHO, of course.

whoops I guess I didn't see your post on the Steiner!! Thats a sweet pick though as well

check out the sheet they have posted on here about what the top tactical shooters are using it is really good info. I have a couple of vortex scopes so I am partial to the vortex. If I were to switch to a ffp I would get the HD. Good luck sounds like either would be a good choice.