• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have 600 to spend on 10/22 any sugg

Re: Need help building a sweet 10/22 for cheap

Cheap? Never happen.
laugh.gif

Re: Have 600 to spend on 10/22 any sugg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bunnybuster78620</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything </div></div>

Yeah, you need to buy mine for $450 ($750 invested), and that'll still give you $150 to play with. I'm just shooting benchrest now with a new Anschutz, so I have no more use for it. Seriously, if you have any interest in buying one that's already fixed up nicely and still in like-new condition, send me a private message and I'll give you the details and a photo.

Cordially,
Blanco

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinuteOf Arc64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bunnybuster78620</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything </div></div>

Yeah, you need to buy mine for $450 ($750 invested), and that'll still give you $150 to play with. I'm just shooting benchrest now with a new Anschutz, so I have no more use for it. Seriously, if you have any interest in buying one that's already fixed up nicely and still in like-new condition, send me a private message and I'll give you the details and a photo.

Cordially,
Blanco </div></div>

Its nice that your helping out a shooter. Please dont take this the wrong way but you should have sent him a PM offering your gun for sale. Like i said im not trying to crap on what your doing but if the mods see this they will lock the thread and possibly ban you. Why you need 100 post to sale. I have seen this same thing happen several times the outcome was allways bad for the seller. Just a little advice. Good luck with the sale though

I have had success with a tactical solutions barrel ($200) a bell and carlson Target/varmint stock ($200) and hornet trigger group at 2.5# ($90). I kept the stock receiver, bolt, guide spring, buffer pins, and v-block. Beyond that any additional parts I would buy wouldn't increase accuracy enough to justify the price. I also bought a rimfire technologies adjustable v-block to try and free float the barrel: didn't work.

What I have found is that the stock Ruger 10/22 receiver has limits. Due to attaching to the stock in only one place there is a pivot point for your barrelled action which usually causes your barrel to touch the stock. To maximize accuracy you can bed the barrel and float the receiver (no personal experience), drill bolt holes through the receiver the size and location of pins in the internals (no experience, seems to allow the barrel to be floated, but messes with the look with bolts sticking through the side of the receiver), use pressure pads in the barrel channel (works for me).

All in all there are a million things you CAN do, but the stock, barrel, and trigger should be priorities in my opinion. If you're still not satisfied you can try the other more involved methods with detailed instructions on rimfirecentral.com

A 10/22 magnum ...

If you want accuracy, you can chase it by spending money on aftermarket parts, etc. and may not end up happy. If you really want to do this, then check the Kidd stuff.

If you really are after accuracy, then either a Savage w/ really good glass and a lot of high quality ammo, or a CZ w/ really good glass and a little high quality ammo. There are other choices of course, but for $600 this is where I would head....

bought the ruger factory target rifle for my wife for under 400 with the hammer forged barrel great shooter

My wife has a match 10/22. We stuck $600 into it and thought we were happy. Then I got a CZ 455. New ballgame. A bolt action will rule the ballpark all year except holidays.

Just my $.02

got the cz for myself daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn good shootin 22

I agree with the guys and the CZ Model 452. A friend of mine, at work, has one and I was impressed with the accuracy he gets from his. My Savage shoots pretty damn well, but I shot his CZ better. Just my two cents worth as well.

In case anybody's wondering about selling their 10/22 to bunnybuster78620, I just sent him a pm.
No purchase offer on his end, but he's got a $500 muzzle loader, 2 fat hogs, a $75 house cat, and a brand new screen door for trade, but no mention of the $600 to spend.
Don't waste your time. We need to have a 100 post minimum on all of the classified gun deals.

I have a marlin 50
cal muzzle loader for trade also

EAB's web site will give you some idea of what's available and where the costs are.

I would look into a heavy target barrel, a stock that's compatible with that barrel and has acceptable ergonomics, and some trigger group improvements.

For your first upgraded 10/22 (trust me, there will be others...), stay with the less expensive bits. They will still give you serious improvement, and spending more quickly enters the region of diminishing returns.

Yes, the pricey stuff is very good; but how much better and whether it's worth the extra moolah becomes a good question, though. Sometimes you have to ask yourself whether you're a good enough shooter, and whether you're serious enough to get the full potential out of the ultra premium goods.

Greg

Check out Rimfirecentral, lots of good ways to spend your $600 there.
I sent my 10-22 to Randy at CPC: he headspaced the bolt, pinned the FP, set back the Green Mtn bbl, and put it all together.
Sent the trigger to TTShooter, I bedded the stock.
All together about $750 in the rifle.
My CZ452 out shoots the 10-22 easily. I have less than $325 in the CZ.

Coach