• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have I Been Pwned? Don't get hacked.

Beardsli

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Hey guys, check if your email or account has been associated with a data leak here:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Unfortunately passwords are being leaked alongside other information and being sold on the dark web (or just being distributed on the regular web).

Even hashed or encrypted passwords aren't safe unfortunately.

- If you show up there, change your password, even if the leak says it was encrypted.

- Don't use the same password on other sites.

- Change your password regularly. Leaks are often slow to be reported.

- Enable 2 Factor Authorization. It's not perfect but it's one more obstacle for a hacker.

Last edited:
IMG_1071.jpeg

The feds have your email already.

Even if you don't want to see if you're in a data leak this is a good reminder to change your password.

Last edited:
Reactions: doubloon and Skunk
Yep!

Not surprised at all with the amount of info being stored. Interestingly, a primary e-mail I use only had a couple of instances years ago while an alternate e-mail on the same domain / servers had several breeches.

I use the alternate e-mail to sign up for various things occasional purchases, etc sothat e-mails out there on more "junk" sites where I'm not really interested in any ongoing communication. If I need a password reset I can always log in and get one but it avoids clogging up my primary e-mail with garbage. That alternate e-mail gets piled deep with all kind of spam and other nonsense but I just delete all occasionally. I set this up years ago and it has kept a lot of crap out the the e-mail I use regularly.

Reactions: Beardsli
Alternate emails is a good way to keep things separated.

Gun folks and "good at internet" folks don't overlap a lot unfortunately.

Years ago I signed up for some sort of NRA account and they sent me my password in plain text in an email.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
Both my phone and computers utilize Helmet Scan . Just a quick mushroom print and yer in . Yer in get it . Mushroom , Helmet.😆

I use the same Password for everything...... Nobody would ever guess that someone would do that........ Password1234 ....... Works every time. :ROFLMAO:

That's the same combination I have for my luggage.

Both my phone and computers utilize Helmet Scan . Just a quick mushroom print and yer in . Yer in get it . Mushroom , Helmet.😆

I feel like this would awkward to use at the Starbucks.

• Haha
Reactions: Docsherm
If you aren't using a PW manager that auto generates randomized PWs, you're asking for it. Microsoft, Google and Apple all offer them for free, along with a slew of third party managers that are free or low cost along with VPN service.

And the link in the OP has been around for years. If you're just now finding out about it, you're also asking for it and didn't even know it.

or if you have a general mistrust of anything cloud related like I do, you can use local password manager like

not as 'convenient' but whatever, put your shit in the cloud and have fun with that at the next announced security breach

Protecting web site user names and passwords is one thing
but if any of you out there do not have a credit freeze in place at the big 3, you are asking for trouble.

Reactions: 6.5SH and Redmanss