• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Have the urge to buy some cans, lets talk about what i should get.

Charger442

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2010
    South Texas
    been in the NFA ownership game for a while, have a dozen or so cans of various calibers, but i havent bought anything since right before the 41F-pocalypse, at which time i bought 4 pistol silencers.

I would like to buy several cans over the next few months, and have been getting our fingerprint stuff going (me and wife) for my trusty trust.

Does anyone have any awesome can recommendations and personal experience with some they would like to throw in the ring?

current ownership:

4 pistol cans, in 9mm and 45 cal
    3 30 cal cans, one TBAC, 2 Crux/Templar (from the early group buys)
    Kac qdss 556
    first gen Griffin m4sd-ii
    several 22 lr cans, form 1 cans etc.

I think i need a TBAC 338 SR, a 223 Ultra 7 CB, Maybe a couple of surefire cans, and probably a Wolverine PBS-1. Im also intrigued by the AEM-5

What else yall got as a suggestion thats fun, quiet, and would add to the enjoyment of my firearms?

I really like my Silencer Central Bannish 30...it’s 9” but you can break it down to 7”

im not familiar with that at all. im not too keen on a modular rifle can, but ill take a look at it

Used to be the Dakota Silencer Varminter 4.0....but they’ve recently done some brand/name changing....it’s made by the Mack Bros out of Sturgis SD for Silencer Central

I would for sure do a TBAC Ultra 338 and then also a 6.5 Ultra 7 or 9. I would skip the straight 223 one. From what I have seen the 6.5 Ultra 9 will be just as quiet and more versatile

I would for sure do a TBAC Ultra 338 and then also a 6.5 Ultra 7 or 9. I would skip the straight 223 one. From what I have seen the 6.5 Ultra 9 will be just as quiet and more versatile

interesting take. i had never considered that but i will.

I'm not too interested in the shotgun toaster really. But I'll look into it. I have a shotgun can design I'd like to form 1, but we'll see if I get around to that

Sounds like you have your fill of 30 cal cans but I'll throw the Crux Archangel in the ring. I've had my Archangel 30 cal for a few years. It has been run on 300WM, 308, 6.5CM, 224V, 5.56/223. I have placed top 10 in my local area PRS match running my 6.5CM with it and consistently use it as my "precision" can. I try not to abuse it but it inherently will get banged up running barricades but has not let me know in accuracy. I know they have recently had some company drama so take that for what it is. I have been thoroughly impressed by my Archangels' ability to make my rifles just shoot better.

Maybe some of the fun stuff since you have a lot of the practical bases covered? Such as wipe based pistol cans, pill bottle cans, suppressed pen guns? Integrally suppressed uppers? TBAC DSU for a “one stamp” suppressed SBR?

You have all of those cans and not a single Dead Air can????

You do not really need any cans it looks like. Very nice collection already.

BUT I would do a TBAC 339 Ultra or a Ultra 7 and be done with it.

You have all of those cans and not a single Dead Air can????

You do not really need any cans it looks like. Very nice collection already.

BUT I would do a TBAC 339 Ultra or a Ultra 7 and be done with it.

i have a Mask. and a Ghost.

Im thinking the big boy purchase is going to be a TBAC 338 SR and then a Rugged Obsidian 45.

Followed by a Silencerco Hybrid 46 and a Wolverine PBS-1.

the DSU is a really cool option, and im sure i have a spare SBR lower that i can put that on so it wouldnt need to be pinned to the barrel.

no offense to TBAC at all, but im kinda spoiled on SBR/Can combo as my truck/ranch gun is a Colt Socom cut to 10.3" and wears a Knights NT4. Great can, great tone, great suppression and its a fantastic grab and go, durable, tank of a gun.

Go with TBAC or a LANE. Only ones to buy in my opinion.