• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have to Pay to Post Sell Items?

That's not a GB problem. If you have an issue with that you need to take it up with the Supreme Court.
So if you buy anything from me, you're going to pay me sales tax, right? I didn't think so. From what I know of the SCOTUS ruling on internet sales tax, the issue was whether the business had a physical location and whether or not sales tax could be applied in that transaction.

I'm not going to go look it up, but I don't believe it had anything to do with private party purchases. If it did, obviously, I am wrong. If it did not, you would think that GB could easily determine who is a vendor and who is a private party.

So if you buy anything from me, you're going to pay me sales tax, right? I didn't think so. From what I know of the SCOTUS ruling on internet sales tax, the issue was whether the business had a physical location and whether or not sales tax could be applied in that transaction.

I'm not going to go look it up, but I don't believe it had anything to do with private party purchases. If it did, obviously, I am wrong. If it did not, you would think that GB could easily determine who is a vendor and who is a private party.

After one greedy state finally convinced the courts that governments need more money and shouldn't be denied another trough to stick their snouts in, a large number of states have said any "marketplaces" will have their total sales counted towards whatever the low limit is.

So essentially going forward unless you are purchasing from an actual individual, DIRECTLY, without going through a marketplace, or are purchasing from a small business that doesn't ship much to your state, you are going to have to pay up extra to keep the politicians in the pig sty and the illegals in free food and housing.

Reactions: deltawiskey