• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have you guy see this?

hippo939

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2004
Canada
Have you guy see this?
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

2vw649j.jpg

Re: Have you guy see this?

At first I was like that looks like a Barrett 98B, then looking at the action, rail system and a couple of other things, it's not. Is that Marty's new chassis for the M2008 action?

Why are you posting pics of my rifle?

YOWZA!

I don't need a Zoltar machine to see one in my future.

If you gotta ask......
wink.gif

Ill buy it right now, where is it?

Rich

In order to put your minds at rest you are looking at the next generation Accuracy International .338.
The final production design is not complete and specifications are not yet available.
It will be ready for production in 2010 and be officially released at the Shot Show in Las Vegas next January.
It will be sold to military and law enforcement customers during 2010 and then we will make it available to civilian users after that.
Tom Irwin
Director

Is this chassis available in other calibers? Will this replace their current lineup? Where will this be manufactured?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In order to put your minds at rest you are looking at the next generation Accuracy International .338.
The final production design is not complete and specifications are not yet available.
It will be ready for production in 2010 and be officially released at the Shot Show in Las Vegas next January.
It will be sold to military and law enforcement customers during 2010 and then we will make it available to civilian users after that.
Tom Irwin
Director

</div></div>

SWEET! Can't wait to pick up the current Gen AIAW .338 next year for o... say $3k-ish, lol
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In order to put your minds at rest you are looking at the next generation Accuracy International .338.
Tom Irwin
Director

</div></div>

....where manufactured ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should I be ashamed of having a gunboner.... </div></div>

I pitched a tactical tent as well. Damn sexy rifle AI has there.
grin.gif

Never seen a BORS on a S&B before unless I am missing something. I will be the first to admit to having AI lust but is it me or is the area from the grip to the butt kind of strange looking? It kind of looks like Barrett/Badger/AI had a kid.....

Who am I kidding is there a line somewhere.

Its the new Accuracy International AX338!

Very nice piece of kit indeed. Has a folding pistol grip stock. The pistol grip has several back strap sizes to accommodate large and small hands. Monopod. Spring loaded and adjustable cheek piece and butt plate (butt plate also adjusts vertically). Bigger/beefier bolt, and a drop free detachable 10 round double stack magazine

Bolt is silky smooth in operation....

Nice hand guard with attachment points and the latest muzzle break.....

The rifle handles better and is better balanced in my opinion.

Rifle had the new S&B 5-25 with the P4 reticle and the Barrett BORS on it. (after playing with the BORS, its a nice piece of kit)

Soooo.... once I handled it..... the begging began in earnest...... to shoot it.....

Just to shut me up, they let me have 5 rounds

Went and set up a target at 1000m.... pretty good breeze.... but shot a 5 round group with 4 out 5 bullets in the 8.5 inch and 1 called flier that made the group 11 inches..... sweet.... (used Lapua 250gr ammo)

Maybe with a little practice and more ammo.....

Someone apparently shot a 7 inch group at 1000m with it as well..... I would have no trouble believing it, with the way that it handled...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never seen a BORS on a S&B before unless I am missing something. I will be the first to admit to having AI lust but is it me or is the area from the grip to the butt kind of strange looking? It kind of looks like Barrett/Badger/AI had a kid.....

Who am I kidding is there a line somewhere.</div></div>

BORS now comes on S&B's as well as NF's and a bunch of Leupys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hippo939</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Have you guy see this?
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

2vw649j.jpg
</div></div>

Definitely Badass looking for sure. Makes my current AIAWSM looks girlish.

seems to use a Polymer 10rd mag , double stack , double feed .

I wonder If it uses a barrel nut , ie the bolt locks into a barrel extension , to make removing barrels in the field easier ?

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The4thHorseman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over priced and I would hae no where to shoot it. </div></div>

3988331.jpg

this rifle was designed from the ground up with a clean sheet of paper.
i think you will find we inovate & others copy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bonneville</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this rifle was designed from the ground up with a clean sheet of paper.
i think you will find we inovate & others copy </div></div>

Umm, assuming that's an AI comment, it seems a little silly: The lower rifle pre-dates the upper rifle. It's in-service with UKSF, and it is also a rifle AI became rather familiar with during the competition for what was eventually won by the L115A3.
smile.gif

Other than that, you only have to look to see they have nothing in common
laugh.gif

awTimberwolf.jpg

Okay, I have to ask.
With all of the hardware bits it's made of, things hanging off & on it, plus all of the sharp edges from rails, etc., how does one move thru the bush with it sans a google of snags & snarls, let alone stalk.
And yes, I know that you can put it in a drag bag or case for some of that sort of thing. And also that with a .338 you needn't get quite so close given it's range, but I could still use some enlightenment on this topic thanks.

And no, I'm not trying to start anything here. It's simply that if one's going to drive up to or be dropped off on a ridgeline with said weapon, & all accessories included, what's the difference between it & a morter other than caliber? I mean it takes as many guys to operate more or less, has a fire control computer, & it's fire is adjusted via manipulating it's "baseplate controls".

i dont like how high the sCope has to sit to Clear the rail. you would have to raise the Cheek pieCe, really high.

its too similar to pgm and b&t to be called original, not impressed sorry

I donot think ITs anything like the TWolf , personally .

I donot like the quad rail thingie ( as I would never use it for the intended function ) , cannot afford NV or lasers etc , but I can see why they are there .

RE the bolt etc , YEAH , Right , its so like the TWolf , Opps NOT , to me it looks like a properly scaled UP AW ( 308 ) action , Opps , amagine enlarging your OWN original Design .
The stock mech , also lokks like the AI folding design , paired down .

I think most of this design is End user driven , much like the AS-50 .

I think you will be able to get IT with different front handguards , and different rear stock assemblies .

WHAT I would like to know is only 3 things .

1 ) Has this rifle won the PSR contact in the US ?

2 ) Dose the barrel , screw into the action , OR a barrel extension ?

3 ) Is it going to be available with a lower profile mounting system , for people who will not want or need the full lenght rail ?

Later Chris

There was a brief glimpse of it in the "Ultimate Weapons: Sniper" countdown on the military channel.

Well I can understand why AI did it. The chassis market is exploding and the "cover everything rails" disease has sucessfully jumped from carbines to precision rifles.

I just don't know if it's a step in the right direction.

All these new wunder chassis rifles look the same to me, and in my eyes they're terribly fugly.

Perhaps they lightened the rifle, that'd be a nice upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brown Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
awTimberwolf.jpg

Wonder where AI got their inspiration?
wink.gif

</div></div>

Maybe the .mil 338 sniper rifle contract?

awTimberwolf.jpg

barrett_98b.jpg

ashbury338.jpg

remington_msr_assembled.jpg

All the same, yet, different. Only so many ways to build a shooter to certain set requirements I suppose.

I guess Magpul will be making a mint off their ladder rail covers for that turd.

JJ

IMO, the similarities are in part due to the spec's defined for the PSR project........

The ring's come with the BORS system. If they had a contract, I'm sure Barrett would tailor the ring height as requested....

I've handled the Remmy version twice now (last one in the pics above) . It's a frikkin pig. IIRC it tips the scales at 18 lbs.

Cheers,

Doc