• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have you heard? Precision Rifle Media ... podcast?

Fred @ Bison Tactical

Bison Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 18, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    www.bisontactical.com
    Just curious if you have heard of Kirk Young's Precision Rifle Media podcast?

http://www.precisionriflemedia.com/podcast/

Super great resource and lots of great interviews - Frank even gets on there once in a while :).

There are a lot of older episodes at the old location too (Firearms radio network):
    http://firearmsradio.tv/precision-rifle-podcast/

I am amazed when I talk to shooters who haven't heard about the podcast, I think its an amazing resource chock full of great information for long range shooters, and figured I would post a note about it!

I listen to the podcast. I really like it and lots of info for shooters getting into competition shooting. Also one of the reasons I chose PVA for my recent build

I'm catching them too. Also the precision shooting podcast out of Australia is worth checking out, great guys that are well informed. Gotta throw in that if you get to episode 43, you get to hear me babble about Wisconsin hunting and shooting culture with the guys from Vortex.

Last edited:
    I was wondering what happened to the Precision Rifle Podcast. Hadn't heard any new episodes in quite some time. Now I know why.

Yeah it's good. Thanks for sponsoring it. If I could give one piece of feedback it would be to prepare ahead of the show. Sometimes he wings it and it's obvious. Telling us who's coming on ahead of the recording would be cool so he could incorporate some listener questions.

The Australians are good, well let's just say they are better at shooting podcasts than they are at rugby

I actually rotate between a few podcast every night when getting off work.

quality material for sure

I love the podcast and have been listening since the old version. My only complaint is that Kirk isnt very consistent about getting shows up. Sometimes he`ll put 2 shows up in a week and then there wont be a new one for another 3 weeks.
    Consistency is important in the podcast world if you want to keep an audience. Its no different than consistency in pulling the trigger.

Been listening to it since the start and now with the switch over. There is also a fairly new one as someone mentioned with some guys in Australia. All good stuff that helps my 1 hour commute to work.

My only complaint with Kirk is sometimes he can go weeks (sometimes a good month) without a show, but he does this on his spare time. His audio is kinda shaky at times, too.

I just started a few week ago listening​. He had Gary Larson from the guardian matched on. Seem like a good guy and kept my attention.

Yeah I dig these podcasts.. Funny coincidence here, I just listened to the Vortex show with the Australians, and Kirk Young's w/ Bison Tactical.. Keep up the good work Fred, and Vortex

Yeah it's good. Thanks for sponsoring it. If I could give one piece of feedback it would be to prepare ahead of the show. Sometimes he wings it and it's obvious. Telling us who's coming on ahead of the recording would be cool so he could incorporate some listener questions.

The Australians are good, well let's just say they are better at shooting podcasts than they are at rugby

Thanks, thats some great advice, I will pass it along !

I love the podcast and have been listening since the old version. My only complaint is that Kirk isnt very consistent about getting shows up. Sometimes he`ll put 2 shows up in a week and then there wont be a new one for another 3 weeks.
    Consistency is important in the podcast world if you want to keep an audience. Its no different than consistency in pulling the trigger.

I will pass this one along as well !

I've shot a few comps with Kirk, great guy and he really knows his stuff! I highly recommend checking out his podcast.

Yeah um, so uh....

Makes me wanna strangle him.

I still listen though.

I have been listening to him since he was on Firearms Media. I enjoy most of his shows. I enjoyed the ones he had Corey, I think his name was, on to banter with. With two hosts, it helps the flow of conversation. Please continue helping him produce the show. I do feel it would be a great way to grow the sport.

Ryan

:) I tend to do that as well - its a very hard habit to break :)

I think we all do it to an extent and I'm being overly critical quite honestly.

It would be great if he had some great questions thought out before hand though. Just letting a guy ramble gets a little old. Especially when the Huber guy goes full used car salesman. ;)

Seriously, it's a good podcast for a rifle loonie and I'm sure he makes it seem a bunch easier than it really is.

Just listened to the two latest.

The air rifle stuff was great!

Ive listened for a while myself, and wondered what happened to the PR Podcast. Now I know. There has been some great feedback above. Please do pass along. Funny thing, I love my HUBER trigger, and John gives fantastic CS. You should call him up and ask how his trigger assists with target trapping in time / space. Have snacks and soda ready, be prepared to take notes.

Bump.

Listened to the three latest.

I ain't an air rifle guy, but it got me to thinking about it enough to look at that fellas site.

The guy selling the snake oil was a pro and had an amazing way of saying his product was the best thing on earth without making it look like that was what he was saying.

Cracked me up.

The SD Steel Classic sounded fun too.

Would love to hear more details of rifles and loads as well as optics.

I have almost all the old fire arms radio network ones on my phone, didn't know about the first link.
    Lots of good guests, Jim and Melissa Gillian, Todd Hoddnett, Chad Dixon, guy from US Optics. Good stuff. Have to check out the first link Bison posted.

Anyone else not seeing new episodes on their stitcher app? My last update is from May 4th. Webpage shows 3 news ones after that.

Found the podcast researching 6.5 addiction. Now I try to listen through my iPhone while reloading. I won't criticize because I do a shitty job on YouTube and I know it's difficult to do these kinds of things.

Good podcast, I listen to quite a few shooting and reloading podcast available. Kirk and most other podcasters take questions and get back to you promptly which i think is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I've listened, sometimes the material is a little 'inflated' (people talking about stuff that they are not really experts on) but overall I enjoy it. Some episodes are nothing but filler and rambling, listening to people drone on about shot show for example, with virtually no insight into what is really new for precision rifle.

That said, I listen when I can.

Hi Fred, yes, I listen to it. The podcast is how I learned of you and your store in Boulder and prompted my visit on 23 June (yesterday) with my wife and son. Many great episodes on the podcast. It is well done. Oh, and thanks for your patience talking with us yesterday.

Good podcast! My favorites were the shows with Todd Hodnett, Bryan Litz, Jim O'Shaughnessy and Buck Holly. I'll admit it sounds a little awkward when it seems Kirk has lost his train of thought sometimes (not saying I wouldn't have the same problem, A LOT). Nonetheless, kudos to him for putting these informative shows out there.

Last edited:
    I just finished all of the episodes on the Firearms Radio Network, now I'm starting on the Precision Rifle Media ones. I had no idea when he moved to South Dakota that he's about 20 miles away from me, although I haven't met him at any shoots yet.

I just finished all of the episodes on the Firearms Radio Network, now I'm starting on the Precision Rifle Media ones. I had no idea when he moved to South Dakota that he's about 20 miles away from me, although I haven't met him at any shoots yet.

Hit him up via his contact page : http://www.precisionriflemedia.com/contact/

I am sure he would love to hear from you being so close, and I know he wants to get out to shoot more.