• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Have you settled on one go to pistol?

Re: Have you settled on one go to pistol?

heres the thing about caliber. If you were to get shot with a 9mm vs a .45, do you think youre gonna know the difference? Either way its gonna hurt like a bitch and/or kill you. "stopping power" really isnt relevant. If somethings hell bent on killing you or getting away its gonna do it (as evident with the examples above) unless you get a shot through the brain, heart, or the spinal column (even if they get hit in the heart theyll have some time while they are going into cardiac arrest and dieing but they most likely will not have very good control of their body during this time). "stopping power" is more psychological than anything. Unless, you hit someone in the brain, spinal cord or heart and they are stone dead instantly, People drop when they get shot because they realize what happened, know the consequences, and more or less submit to the fact that they are going to die however, they can very likely stay alive on the ground for a while when they could be doing something productive like fighting or running. This is why things like drugs have such a big effect on how fast you are going to stop a person because if the person is not mentally defeated, the will keep on fighting until their body is forced to stop. On the other hand what happens when you shoot a deer? If the deer is at all capable of running then it will. Also, It is true that a .45 carries more energy than a 9mm but this is really irrelevant. In most cases the bullet pases directly through a human being, leaving the rest of the force useless. It takes a given amount of force to push through your body and the bullet will expend exactly that amount of force inside of you and exit. Anything extra is useless. This being said, the key is really shot placement. Now I know that there are things like hollow points and hydra shock bullets but that is more or less a feat of engineering and is intended to create a larger wound channel which is going to have a much greater impact on the damage to the persons body. If you can stop both a .45 and a 9mm inside of the human body, then the .45 will carry marginally more energy, however, the amount of energy is already at extremes so its really not going to make a difference. Using the 3/4 the momentum of a 230 gr .45 example mentioned above, that like if i were to drop a 300lb weight on your toe or a 400lb weight on your toe from the same height, they both hurt the same amount, which is a fucking lot. However, back to shot placement, if i drop a 400lb weight on your toe, it'll shatter your toe and you'll be pissed. but if a drop a lighter 300 lb weight on your forehead, your gonna be in a coma.

As for the gun, i would also go with the sig 226 but if this is too large for you to conceal in certain situation (it all depends on body size and clothing that you wear) then you could go down to a 229 as mentioned earlier or really anytihng in the sig family will serve you well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gorge Drifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Ive been carrying a colt combat commander in 9mm lately. It was my dads and I wanted to retire it so nothing would happen to it</div></div>

This is a beautiful piece. Take good care of it. </div></div>

It's a very nice pistol.
Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't see where is illustrates much of anything. First of all, if the officer had time to unload a full magazine, then he had time to place one shot between the eyes.

Secondly, until an autopsy report is made public, I will go out on a limb and say that not one of those 17rds severed the spinal cord. Since there is a better than average chance a bullet will have to penetrate bone before it reaches the spinal cord, a larger bullet with more mass has less of a chance of being deflected of its path.

It's simple physics that was proven a hundred years ago. </div></div>

If you believe penetration is all that matters, you should be carrying FMJ.

I do thin penetration is relevant, but not the only consideration. I carry JHP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't see where is illustrates much of anything. First of all, if the officer had time to unload a full magazine, then he had time to place one shot between the eyes.

Secondly, until an autopsy report is made public, I will go out on a limb and say that not one of those 17rds severed the spinal cord. Since there is a better than average chance a bullet will have to penetrate bone before it reaches the spinal cord, a larger bullet with more mass has less of a chance of being deflected of its path.

If you believe penetration is all that matters, you should be carrying FMJ.

I do thin penetration is relevant, but not the only consideration. I carry JHP. </div></div>

I tend to lean towards the delicate balance side of the equation. A little like the mythical porridge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cooper623</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heres the thing about caliber. If you were to get shot with a 9mm vs a .45, do you think youre gonna know the difference? Either way its gonna hurt like a bitch and/or kill you. "stopping power" really isnt relevant. If somethings hell bent on killing you or getting away its gonna do it (as evident with the examples above) unless you get a shot through the brain, heart, or the spinal column (even if they get hit in the heart theyll have some time while they are going into cardiac arrest and dieing but they most likely will not have very good control of their body during this time). "stopping power" is more psychological than anything. Unless, you hit someone in the brain, spinal cord or heart and they are stone dead instantly, People drop when they get shot because they realize what happened, know the consequences, and more or less submit to the fact that they are going to die however, they can very likely stay alive on the ground for a while when they could be doing something productive like fighting or running. This is why things like drugs have such a big effect on how fast you are going to stop a person because if the person is not mentally defeated, the will keep on fighting until their body is forced to stop. On the other hand what happens when you shoot a deer? If the deer is at all capable of running then it will. Also, It is true that a .45 carries more energy than a 9mm but this is really irrelevant. In most cases the bullet pases directly through a human being, leaving the rest of the force useless. It takes a given amount of force to push through your body and the bullet will expend exactly that amount of force inside of you and exit. Anything extra is useless. This being said, the key is really shot placement. Now I know that there are things like hollow points and hydra shock bullets but that is more or less a feat of engineering and is intended to create a larger wound channel which is going to have a much greater impact on the damage to the persons body. If you can stop both a .45 and a 9mm inside of the human body, then the .45 will carry marginally more energy, however, the amount of energy is already at extremes so its really not going to make a difference. Using the 3/4 the momentum of a 230 gr .45 example mentioned above, that like if i were to drop a 300lb weight on your toe or a 400lb weight on your toe from the same height, they both hurt the same amount, which is a fucking lot. However, back to shot placement, if i drop a 400lb weight on your toe, it'll shatter your toe and you'll be pissed. but if a drop a lighter 300 lb weight on your forehead, your gonna be in a coma.

As for the gun, i would also go with the sig 226 but if this is too large for you to conceal in certain situation (it all depends on body size and clothing that you wear) then you could go down to a 229 as mentioned earlier or really anytihng in the sig family will serve you well. </div></div>
This is my opinion and I respect yours but I beg to differ.
I don't exactly agree with you on the 9mm vs the 45 and there being no difference. And stopping power being more psychological.
I love 9mms and carry them alot.
I love 45acp's and carry them alot.
Shoot both of them equally.
I shoot targets with both and I notice that the varied targets react way more violently when I shoot them with a 45 acp round. More damage, larger holes and more energy to move said target, soft targets included.
This applies to plain jane ball ammo comparisons and hot hollow point comparisons.
The Marines trained us with the 1911 45 acp during the time when the Berreta was just being introduced to the Marines... Our drill instructors were complaining about the 9 like it was some red headed bastard step child of a crack head prostitute.
They said that with one shot a man is on the ground when hit with a 45 acp and it didn't matter if it was in the arm, leg or anywhere..... A 9mm... that is not always the case.
They taught us one shot chest and one shot head.... Game over.. Target is stopped.
Yes shot placement is critical but something has to be said about the impact of a civic hitting an object at 55 mph and a tow truck hitting an object at 55 mph. Yes both targets incured damage but I'll bet the tow truck did way more damage.
It's simple math.
Back in WW II some ships had guns with 5" shells that would tear large chunks of a building down during shelling. The 18" guns could level 2 city blocks with one shot or so I was told.
Yes this is apples and oranges but I'm trying to convey a point.
9mm and 45 ball ammo are very similar in FPS and so is their hot-rodded hollow points so fps differences is rather mute. The larger 45 ACP is just hitting the object with way more mass which is causing way more damage.
Just my opinion and observation.
Not trying to kindle the arguement between the 9 and the 45 though. They all will kill.
.....SmokeRolls

Mine would be a 5" bbl 1911 .45 acp. I like the reliability of a revolver and the capacity of other autos, but I can shoot the best with a 1911 and thats what really matters.

ok so 1911 yep that will do
smile.gif

I only have Glock 9mm's but I think a Glock 23 would cover all your requirements.

My favorite pistol is my rifle. My favorite rifle is also my rifle. Its hard to conceal carry, but Ive never been mugged while carrying it - knock on wood.

Actually If I were to just have one, Colt Commander in 45acp. I sure like the little Commander. It is for me the perfect handgun followed closely by the gov model.

If I were gonna go to it, it would be the 40 cal USP, because it is next to my rifle.
If I just needed one, it would have to be the ulta carry in my waist band.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nw1911guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

May get into penetration issues as well. The use of hollowpoint ammunition being standard for law enforcement and armed civilian use, it would be hard to get anything to penetrate all the way through to the spinal cord unless you start going the route of FMJ, which then raises the potential problem of overpenetration. Obviously, everything is a compromise, sadly. </div></div>

Exactly why a "fool" like myself believes the heavier .45 carries more momentum and penetrates deeper with less chance of being deflected.</div></div>

See...you need a 500. If you get it with the nonfluted cylinder...you get 8 shots, which is equal to or one more than the 1911. So...its really a win, win.

The only pistol I own is a SW M&P9.

Very nice pistol, cheap to shoot, much more accurate than me and really fun.

I put an apex dcaek in mine and the trigger is slick now. I don't ccw, but I'm not sure the mp is something I would want to carry due to size.

i have the same thing in 40 cal and the same trigger mod. i do have a CCW and when i carry it for that, its a beast. but well worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 4" 1911 in .45ACP remains unbeatable for any and all of that. </div></div>

No disrespect but we are going to have agree to disagree. A four inch 1911 is woefully undercapacitized and anything but 100% reliable. Don't get me wrong, I love me some 1911's but for EDC you need a Glock my friend. You can pick the flavor but I must reiterate...

Colts and Kimbers are what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to the 1911 guys. Better technology has come out in the last 100 years. <span style="font-weight: bold"> I had a glock forever. Then I started carrying more. Got rid of it. Couldn't get used to not having a real safety.</span> So I got a hk usp tactical in 9mm. I like it a lot. 9Mm is cheap to practice with and I like the platform not to mention more ammo in one mag than a 1911 has in 2 (3 if you get the funnel mags). I don't shoot litttle guns that well and don't trust my life to a compact. That being said. I got a keltec 380 as a backup. Great little pocket gun. I sometimes forget it is there it is so comfy. It just isn't always practical to carry a fullsize. I don't think there is a one gun...just not possible. I do believe that a 357 mag wheelgun can come close to that though. Just not enough ammo cappacity for edc for me. </div></div>

Bold emphasis is mine. The statement you made is an admission of weakness. What, you can't keep your finger off the trigger? Unbelievable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 4" 1911 in .45ACP remains unbeatable for any and all of that. </div></div>

No disrespect but we are going to have agree to disagree. A four inch 1911 is woefully undercapacitized and anything but 100% reliable. Don't get me wrong, I love me some 1911's but for EDC you need a Glock my friend. You can pick the flavor but I must reiterate...

Colts and Kimbers are what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies. </div></div>

actually, the only reason i'd show my glock to an enemy is to sell it to him! and yes, i have had glocks, and sold em. not because theres anything wrong w/em, just my preference. your blanket statements are repugnate to those of us that believe in freedom of choice. to LOTS, not all, of us that carry or have carried a handgun for a living, a 1911 .45acp 4" is a hell of a choice.

Got rid of anything that was not a .45 ACP. Kept my Ruger LCP in .380 for easy pocket carry. Love my 1911 Kimber Gold Combat RL! HK USP .45 WAS my fav until I got my hands on the 1911. Glock 30 is back in the safe since its a little too thick for concealed carry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 4" 1911 in .45ACP remains unbeatable for any and all of that. </div></div>

Colts and Kimbers are what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies. </div></div>

actually, the only reason i'd show my glock to an enemy is to sell it to him! and yes, i have had glocks, and sold em. not because theres anything wrong w/em, just my preference. your blanket statements are repugnate to those of us that believe in freedom of choice. to LOTS, not all, of us that carry or have carried a handgun for a living, a 1911 .45acp 4" is a hell of a choice. </div></div>

Bwaaahahahahahahaha, now that's some funny shit right there, I don't care who you are. You carried a handgun for a living and chose a 4" 1911? I mean, what, you don't understand the advantage of capacity? I'm guessing you are as much of a joke as that statement you just made. BTW just what occupation did you have that required carrying a handgun for a living were you employed in that you thought a 4" 1911 was the best choice, school crossing guard or mall ninja? Oh wait! Neither of those occupations require carrying a handgun, so in reality there is none that a 4" 1911 would be the best choice. PERIOD. LMFAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 4" 1911 in .45ACP remains unbeatable for any and all of that. </div></div>No disrespect but we are going to have agree to disagree. A four inch 1911 is woefully undercapacitized and anything but 100% reliable. Don't get me wrong, I love me some 1911's but for EDC you need a Glock my friend. You can pick the flavor but I must reiterate...Colts and Kimbers are what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies. </div></div>actually, the only reason i'd show my glock to an enemy is to sell it to him! and yes, i have had glocks, and sold em. not because theres anything wrong w/em, just my preference. your blanket statements are repugnate to those of us that believe in freedom of choice. to LOTS, not all, of us that carry or have carried a handgun for a living, a 1911 .45acp 4" is a hell of a choice. </div></div>Bwaaahahahahahahaha, now that's some funny shit right there, I don't care who you are. You carried a handgun for a living and chose a 4" 1911? I mean, what, you don't understand the advantage of capacity? I'm guessing you are as much of a joke as that statement you just made. BTW just what occupation did you have that required carrying a handgun for a living were you employed in that you thought a 4" 1911 was the best choice, school crossing guard or mall ninja? Oh wait! Neither of those occupations require carrying a handgun, so in reality there is none that a 4" 1911 would be the best choice. PERIOD. LMFAO </div></div>It's not about the gun, it's not aboout capacity, and it's certainly not about anyone having to prove anything to you. Don't be a Troll. There's no need to insult people here who tolerate your presence. Nobody on this site is seeking conflict with you. Take it down a notch, please, or go away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bwaaahahahahahahaha, now that's some funny shit right there, I don't care who you are. You carried a handgun for a living and chose a 4" 1911? I mean, what, you don't understand the advantage of capacity? I'm guessing you are as much of a joke as that statement you just made. BTW just what occupation did you have that required carrying a handgun for a living were you employed in that you thought a 4" 1911 was the best choice, school crossing guard or mall ninja? Oh wait! Neither of those occupations require carrying a handgun, so in reality there is none that a 4" 1911 would be the best choice. PERIOD. LMFAO</div></div>
In my best Big Lebowski voice:

"Well, that's like... your opinion... man."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to the 1911 guys. Better technology has come out in the last 100 years. <span style="font-weight: bold"> I had a glock forever. Then I started carrying more. Got rid of it. Couldn't get used to not having a real safety.</span> So I got a hk usp tactical in 9mm. I like it a lot. 9Mm is cheap to practice with and I like the platform not to mention more ammo in one mag than a 1911 has in 2 (3 if you get the funnel mags). I don't shoot litttle guns that well and don't trust my life to a compact. That being said. I got a keltec 380 as a backup. Great little pocket gun. I sometimes forget it is there it is so comfy. It just isn't always practical to carry a fullsize. I don't think there is a one gun...just not possible. I do believe that a 357 mag wheelgun can come close to that though. Just not enough ammo cappacity for edc for me. </div></div>

Bold emphasis is mine. The statement you made is an admission of weakness. What, you can't keep your finger off the trigger? Unbelievable. </div></div>

Kept my finger off the trigger just fine. I had it snag before and it really bothered me. To each their own. They are very nice guns, I just wanted something with a real safety. I don't think wanting added safety in a edc piece is a weakness, but of course you know everything and are perfect all the time. So safety really doesn't matter to you. I bow down to your godlike gun craft.....show me the way o-glorious one.

No, Currently I carry three different handguns during the week. 2 are Hi Cap 9mm. 1 is 45 ACP. Guns are like tools what is the (potential)job at hand?
If I had to grab just one.....it would be a high cap 9mm with extra high grade ammo and enough stressful running and gunnin training to hit what I want when I want knowing that a 9mm isn't a one shot manstopper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 4" 1911 in .45ACP remains unbeatable for any and all of that. </div></div>

actually, the only reason i'd show my glock to an enemy is to sell it to him! and yes, i have had glocks, and sold em. not because theres anything wrong w/em, just my preference. your blanket statements are repugnate to those of us that believe in freedom of choice. to LOTS, not all, of us that carry or have carried a handgun for a living, a 1911 .45acp 4" is a hell of a choice. </div></div>

Bwaaahahahahahahaha, now that's some funny shit right there, I don't care who you are. You carried a handgun for a living and chose a 4" 1911? I mean, what, you don't understand the advantage of capacity? I'm guessing you are as much of a joke as that statement you just made. BTW just what occupation did you have that required carrying a handgun for a living were you employed in that you thought a 4" 1911 was the best choice, school crossing guard or mall ninja? Oh wait! Neither of those occupations require carrying a handgun, so in reality there is none that a 4" 1911 would be the best choice. PERIOD. LMFAO </div></div>

another one! this guy is nothing but a "computer commando". hes never BEEN THERE DONE THAT other than hide behind a puter screen and spew retardism. nets full of these pussys. the FACT is, i carried a 70 series commander 45 for 8 years as LE attached to a drug unit, then had it with me for 12 years as a gang unit parole officer, and still work for the state in a similiar capacity. and can prove it. i know theres guys here that have done stuff that makes me LOOK like my career has been a school crossing guard, but believe me, this guy ain't one of em. he's the "theres one in every crowd" people get tired of listening to and shy away from at the range. theres lots of site where this guy fits right in. lets hope he goes there fast. and stays.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> theres lots of site where this guy fits right in. lets hope he goes there fast. and stays. </div></div>

arfcom?

lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> theres lots of site where this guy fits right in. lets hope he goes there fast. and stays. </div></div>

arfcom?

lol </div></div>

sir.....why would you want to go and contaminate a fine site like arfcom? surely theres a wannabe.org or a poser.tard site he'd do well on.

Glock 19 with Corbon 9mm 115-gr. DPX +P

Why? be concerned with a man who only owns 1 gun, he probably knows how to use it.
Hey I get get I'm a 1911 guy everybody needs at least 1 and a M1 garand too.
I practice with 9mm. I dry fire drill with a 9mm, I reload 9mm. why because its cheap to shoot 9mm...so I carry a 9mm. let me know who survives Corbon 9mm 115-gr. DPX +P.

Arborpro

There isn't one that will do all these things well.

A glock 23 will do most of these. A wilderness gun is at least a 41 mag. Get a 44 mag however.

Get a decent 40 for an all around gun, and that's a start

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 4" 1911 in .45ACP remains unbeatable for any and all of that. </div></div>

Bwaaahahahahahahaha, now that's some funny shit right there, I don't care who you are. You carried a handgun for a living and chose a 4" 1911? I mean, what, you don't understand the advantage of capacity? I'm guessing you are as much of a joke as that statement you just made. BTW just what occupation did you have that required carrying a handgun for a living were you employed in that you thought a 4" 1911 was the best choice, school crossing guard or mall ninja? Oh wait! Neither of those occupations require carrying a handgun, so in reality there is none that a 4" 1911 would be the best choice. PERIOD. LMFAO </div></div>

I suppose this guy doesn't know why MEU's use the 1911.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> theres lots of site where this guy fits right in. lets hope he goes there fast. and stays. </div></div>

arfcom?

lol </div></div>

sir.....why would you want to go and contaminate a fine site like arfcom? surely theres a wannabe.org or a poser.tard site he'd do well on. </div></div>

Fine site huh? Crack me up. Besides, I thought that is where all the know-it-alls gathered? Full disclosure: I can't stand arfcom.

If you can get hits, you don't NEED the hi-cap.

Again, I'll point out that MEU/SOC, Tacoma PD, LAPD, all use 1911 clones with Pierce County, WA allowing them in the hands of veteran officers.

Glocks break to. I've seen the following:
-Broken firing pins
-Broken take down lever springs
-Broken trigger springs
-Feed issues with 10 rd mags
-Broken Extractors.

You can keep drinking your fan boi koolaid though.

Why don't you bring your 1911 Koolaid to my gunfight?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you bring your 1911 Koolaid to my gunfight?

</div></div>

3PER, I used to like your attitude, but that's a veiled threat and silly to boot. Knock it off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm kind of at that point of trying to decide on one "go to pistol" that I can use for everything. Right now I switch guns based on season, dress and sometimes S&G's. I know this is all personal preferance on Make, Model and caliber.. but just thought it would be good to hear from others that have thought about this also.. the "thinning the heard" theory.

So what is everything for me??
1. Primary CCW - comfortable to carry all year round and 100% reliable
2. Training - range work to keep up skills
3. Competition - Shooting USPSA Practical - Could have a gun to get scores up but would prefer to practice with my carry gun.
4. Packing/Camping gun - Usually a larger caliber for the unexpected larger than human needs but too big for normal EDC. (low on the "need" scale) </div></div>

Mine is the 100% reliable .45 ACP Glock 21, it fits my large hands like a custom pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> theres lots of site where this guy fits right in. lets hope he goes there fast. and stays. </div></div>

arfcom?

lol </div></div>

sir.....why would you want to go and contaminate a fine site like arfcom? surely theres a wannabe.org or a poser.tard site he'd do well on. </div></div>

Fine site huh? Crack me up. Besides, I thought that is where all the know-it-alls gathered? Full disclosure: I can't stand arfcom. </div></div>

think sarcasim sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you bring your 1911 Koolaid to my gunfight?

</div></div>

because unlike a lot uf us here, all your "gunfights" occur only in your head, probably in your room, in your parents house. regardless, until you turn 18 and mature a bit, i won't respond to your attitude problem further. i do that, for REAL, with grown men, everyday at work. gets tiring. cya!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
think sarcasim sir. </div></div>

Ahh, ok. I was starting to wonder about you. Still laughing though.
smile.gif

</div></div>

and what gun fight would that be princess ????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you bring your 1911 Koolaid to my gunfight?

</div></div>

and what gun fight would that be princess ????

</div></div>

That is sooo funny in sooo many ways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

smile.gif
</div></div>
just think of me as your evenings entertainment then. BTW....i am consulting w/a computer guru to make arfcom ur homepage!!

The only semi-auto pistol I own is a HK 45 USP . With 230gr hollow points . I think it will stop what ever it needs to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only semi-auto pistol I own is a HK 45 USP . With 230gr hollow points . I think it will stop what ever it needs to. </div></div>

you know it will!! but how is it for carrying, if you do that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sergeant69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

smile.gif
</div></div>
just think of me as your evenings entertainment then. BTW....i am consulting w/a computer guru to make arfcom ur homepage!!</div></div>

Gee, golly, how will I ever repay your generocity? Lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1. Primary CCW - comfortable to carry all year round and 100% reliable</div></div>Many guns out there that fit into the need, I like my G19 and G21SF, carry a G23 every day, never a problem with any of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2. Training - range work to keep up skills</div></div>Glocks are kinda like the Honda Civics of the handgun world (for me anyway)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3. Competition - Shooting USPSA Practical - Could have a gun to get scores up but would prefer to practice with my carry gun.</div></div>Love my G19

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4. Packing/Camping gun - Usually a larger caliber for the unexpected larger than human needs but too big for normal EDC. (low on the "need" scale)</div></div>G20SF (10mm Auto) or G21SF (45ACP)

I am a Glock Fanboy to be sure. Have had a bunch of em and love em all. Not to say there isn't other good guns out there, Glocks just work the best for me. They are relatively inexpensive, have a long history of great service, are simple and durable. I'd really love to have an HK45 along with some other "nicer handguns," but I'd not use em or carry em; be too scared to goober up an expensive pistol like the HK while carrying it (carry guns do get banged up and worn). I also like the fact that Glock parts can be had just about anywhere <span style="font-style: italic">if</span> they do break. Kinda one of those "jack of all trades, master of none" type of things and they work great for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Igo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My HK45 can be carried just fine in the colder weather months. My P30 in .40 S&W is pretty much my go to gun for carry year round and some light competition. As far as trusting your life to it, over 6,000 rounds through the HK45-no jams-no failures. Over 2,000 rounds exiting the P30 with same results. USP and USP Expert with same results. I have seen countless Kimbers and the like as well as Glocks fail in relative small round count comps. In my humble opinion, I put my trust in HK. </div></div>

Yessir! Hands down HK USP .45, I own two pistols, the aforementioned USP, and an XDM .40, the only reason I got the XDM is for carry, I honestly dont like to carry my USP due to its width, but I did none the less for almost two yrs, it can neither be beat or replaced. Its really amazing the things that HK put the MK23/ USP through during testing, crazy stuff like 30k rnd no lube firing, 3mo salt vapor tank immersion with zero corrosion...craziness. SO without a doubt the USP or HK45 get my vote!