• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Havoc 37mm launchers

1stmardiv

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2010
Missouri
Ok, I have a line on getting a Havoc 37mm flare launcher as part of a trade I am making but before I make this trade there are a few questions i have, will this fit onto an AK without a bunch of modification or is it made just for the AR style of rifles?

Re: Havoc 37mm launchers

while I suspect there are people on this site that might know. IT would also stand to reason to ask why would you want one?

I just dont see mounting one of these under my REPR...????

well it is a shorter one, and as to why I want one, I have no "good" reason at least not one that a non paranoid non conservative would understand. But I do understand and appreciate the tactical application of flares and smoke on the modern battle field, thus I would like to have these at my disposal.

why do people want supressors? SBRs? MP5s? i was looking at one of these yesterday online. if i knew what i could shoot out of them and what was available in 37mm to feed one of these, id buy one just for the 4th of july

yeah and you can get the 26.5mm adapter and the ammo is much cheaper than the 37mm stuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why do people want supressors? SBRs? MP5s? i was looking at one of these yesterday online. if i knew what i could shoot out of them and what was available in 37mm to feed one of these, id buy one just for the 4th of july </div></div>

In that I have all of the above I do understand "becaue I can" as a reason, I am just asking the why in this reason.

the ability to fire smoke, flares, and gas gives me a tactical advantage over those who either cannot or those who don't expect me to know how to utilize such tactics effectively. Now I don't want anyone to think I'm running around with a tin foil hat on my head so the government can't read my mind. Lets just say I like to be ready for a wide variety of situations. (though I'm really holding out for zombie infestation but I guess I would settle for government goons trying to take away my constitutional rights.)

I've been wondering if anyone has any input on how well the 37mm parachute flares work.

Thinking it might work alright as poor mans NV for solo hog hunts with no one to hold the spotlight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In that I have all of the above I do understand "becaue I can" as a reason, I am just asking the why in this reason. </div></div>

ahh, in that case, im leaning towards the "its just too cool not to have for a while even if i never use it for anything other than pure fun and possibly being the first kid on the block" reason. cause thats mine, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In that I have all of the above I do understand "becaue I can" as a reason, I am just asking the why in this reason. </div></div>

ahh, in that case, im leaning towards the "its just too cool not to have for a while even if i never use it for anything other than pure fun and possibly being the first kid on the block" reason. cause thats mine, lol </div></div>

When you get a heads up on some Mk211 Mod 0 please give me a shout.....

come on chiller, id have to look that up to even know what it was, lol. its a gun right?

I shot lots of that back in the day when I was cool...it wasnt issued often but when it was...it was lots of fun for all...at least all of us with a SASR.

--KJ

I also enjoyed my m16/M203 combo...some HE/DP...oh the joy.

I'll be getting one some day and have it registered as a DD and then bore it out to 40mm. I think of it as the poor mans m203:) Also opens up options to other types of Ammo (smoke, flare) and able to use a hornet's nest.

is that why its 37mm? so 40mm stuff cant be used? even with astroglide?

whats a hornets nest? and HE i know, but whats DP? i know my girlfriend keeps nagging me about it, but im sure thats different since she doesnt really like guns

I seen a round for these in a mag once and it said something about like 8ea .22LR rounds and it fired them all at once (shot gun effect) I think they also had a 12ea version. So the home defense could be added to the tacticool reason.