• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s He went to Jared

powell

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2010
Johnstown, Colorado
I was going to go to Jared until I walked up to the front door and this slapped me in the face!!

2013-01-10_18-04-28_521_zpsf53ce912.jpg

Well, It's a double edged sword...I want people to respect my right to own firearms and i have to respect their right to be against them. I personally wouldnt boycott an establishment but thats just me. I was absolutley furious when chic fil a was under fire and everyone was boycotting/protesting them...in good concious I couldnt turn around and do the same thing to another establishment just because I now disagree with their political view.

So it's ok to violate someones wishes and rules and commit a crime as long as no one finds out?

I don't know about Colorado, but in Georgia, no laws would be broken.

As far as their wants and wishes, what they don't know won't hurt them.

Well I doubt thats the only jewelry store . Take youre money elsewhere. I like to think of it as voting with my dollars.

My deal is this, if they say they don't want it in their store that's fine, but don't tell me after I'm already there.

I don't know about Colorado, but in Georgia, no laws would be broken.

As far as their wants and wishes, what they don't know won't hurt them.

If they have a sign that says no guns and you bring one in, your now tresspassing. The logic of "what they dont know wont hurt them" is chilidish and shows a complete lack of respect. If I have a known no drugs in my house rule and someone brings them in, whether I find out or not it's still wrong and they're a piece of shit for blatanly disrespecting the rules of my house and me. The same principal is applied to businesses, only they are likely to involve the police as your tresspassing.

I dont agree with their belief, but they are ENTITLED to it and it should be respected.

Don't agree with the above...the analogy of drugs is week at best. Drugs aren't going to be used to protest yourself, other customers and the merchandise.

If properly concealed, don't sweat it. Go in and make your purchase. The worst thing that will happen if you're found out is you'd be asked to leave.

Last edited:
If they have a sign that says no gne and you bring one in, your now tresspassing. The logic of "what they dont know wont hurt them" is chilidish and shows a complete lack of respect. If I have a known no drugs in my house rule and someone brings them in, whether I find out or not it's still wrong and they're a piece of shit for blatanly disrespecting the rules of my house and me. The sameprincipal is applied to businesses, only they are likely to involve the police as your tresspassing.

I dont agree with their belief, but they are ENTITLED to it and it should be respected.

Once again, in Georgia, no laws would be broken. Private Signs carry no weight of law here. If at any time they were to become aware that I was carrying, then they could ask me to leave. If I refused, THEN I would be quilty of trespassing.

I will not give up my right to carry because a Corporate sign tells me to. If that makes me a "piece of shit", I'm OK with that.

So it's ok to violate someones wishes and rules and commit a crime as long as no one finds out?
Commit a crime? Is jarred a state, or city? I think not. All you are doing is breaking a store rule not commiting a crime, and all they can do to you is tell you to leave.

Arizona law is similar to Georgia's in that ignoring a posted sign does not count as trespassing. If you are carrying concealed and no one notices, or asks you to leave, you are golden. If you are asked to leave and you refuse, then you are in violation.

Once again, in Georgia, no laws would be broken. Private Signs carry no weight of law here. If at any time they were to become aware that I was carrying, then they could ask me to leave. If I refused, THEN I would be quilty of trespassing.

Really? In Georgia anyone who wants to can come and do anything they want on someones property? Is it legal to have a picnic in Georgia? How about I bring fifty friends and have a picnic in your back yard? I bet if it were your property you would want to make the rules about who could use it and under what terms they could cone onto it. I know I would.

I respect Jared's right to determine who may come onto their property and under what circumstances. Honoring their wishes, I will never again enter their store. When they go out of business they can complain about the bad economy.

In Minnesota no laws would be broken either. Minnesota law reads similar to Georgia's in that if a sign like that is posted and you carry in to the business you are not breaking any laws unless you refuse to leave if asked, but in Minnesota a business can ban guns if there sign is X dimensions and X font with red lettering on a white background with the right thickness border and is posted at every entrance to the building both public and worker only entrances and the list goes on than it is considered legally marked. The only places in Minnesota you can't carry is schools and the post office. I believe Wisconsin law reads the same way.

If they have a sign that says no guns and you bring one in, your now tresspassing. The logic of "what they dont know wont hurt them" is chilidish and shows a complete lack of respect. If I have a known no drugs in my house rule and someone brings them in, whether I find out or not it's still wrong and they're a piece of shit for blatanly disrespecting the rules of my house and me. The same principal is applied to businesses, only they are likely to involve the police as your tresspassing.

The logic that my inalienable right to protect myself that is recognized by the Constitution is open to legislation or interpretation by a business owner is childish. Having drugs is not an inalienable right and also not part of the Constitution. When someone else's wishes interfere with my personal right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness then I have no respect for their wishes.

Really? In Georgia anyone who wants to can come and do anything they want on someones property? Is it legal to have a picnic in Georgia? How about I bring fifty friends and have a picnic in your back yard? I bet if it were your property you would want to make the rules about who could use it and under what terms they could cone onto it. I know I would.

I respect Jared's right to determine who may come onto their property and under what circumstances. Honoring their wishes, I will never again enter their store. When they go out of business they can complain about the bad economy.

The right to picnic? Which amendment is that?

You did yourself a favor walking away from Jared for whatever reason. If you are a law abiding citizen you and your concealed weapon are welcome in my jewelry store. I'm sure there are other jewelry stores around the country that respect your God given rights.

Find a mom and pop jewelry store that you can trust, you will get better quality stuff, and better service than Jared provides.

Holding a picnic on private property that is not accessible to the public is a ridiculous analogy. Jared, however, is open to the public, and the law here reads that not seeing or ignoring posted signs do not constitute being asked not to carry.

I agree with you that best way to change things is with your wallet. I only support companies that value my and my families safety.

The logic that my inalienable right to protect myself that is recognized by the Constitution is open to legislation or interpretation by a business owner is childish. Having drugs is not an inalienable right and also not part of the Constitution. When someone else's wishes interfere with my personal right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness then I have no respect for their wishes.

Actually, the document you quote (my personal right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness) which is the Declaration of Independence, does speak to the right to have drugs under "right to LIFE, LIBERTY, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS." Unfortunately for many, big business has so influenced the congress with their lobbying and purchase of representatives that they have had the constitution trampled on in this area, to insure their own profit. Before the shit storm starts, do I encourage drug use...no. Do I support the right of responsible persons to use them if they find it improves their PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, you bet. That's what freedom is all about.

Concealed carry has become the "hip trendy thing". Soon Jared will be selling gemstones and diamond accessory pendents to accessorize women's personal protection "ordinances". Soon they will remove their sign.

True Maggot maybe I should have made that distinction. My context was not referring to the Constitution exclusively and I figured that was enough most people. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ive seen signs like that in Texas. In this state they are not legaly binding unless Texas Penal Code 30.06 is referenced.

Sorry, but a business that refuses to respect me because I choose to exercise one of my constitutional rights SHALL NOT receive my patronage.

Matter of fact, I was ranting about this to my wife....I don't understand their logic - I have went though background checks for my carry permit, I have paid money (taxes) to the state in order to legally carry concealed, my carry permit is recognized by many other states, I have the necessary credentials (NRA Training) to receive the permit, I practice with my sidearm, I obey the laws so I don't lose my right to carry or have firearms, I would protect myself and others should I feel it necessary.....IF ANYTHING, I SHOULD BE THE TYPE OF PERSON THEY WANT IN THEIR STORE!!!!!!!!!!!

This MISCONCEPTION that every gun owner is just a criminal in waiting is bullshit at best! So the guy wanting to rob them of their precious stones is gonna obey the sign? FUCK NO!

In Colorado, if someone posts a sign like that they cannot prohibit you from going in with a weapon. If they catch you with one they can request you leave. If you don't they can have you arrested for trespass. That's it.

I don't know if you are trespassing or not, nor do I care. I agree absolutely with the rest of this. Their house, their rules. Don't like their rule? Stay out of their house.

I apologize for not responding sooner but I'd like to clarify. Whether it is actually a crime or not is splitting hairs. My entire point is whether we agree with it or not, it is their wishes and since it's private property it needs to be respected. I just find it utterly hypocritical that we get very angry (with good reason) when someone infringes their beliefs on us and yet it's ok to blatantly disregard someones wishes regarding their private property. The whole argument seems very..."I support the freedom of speech so long as you agree with me". They don't want guns in their stores, don't shop their in protest or leave your gun in the car. The mentality of "fuck em' I'll conceal it" is just as bad as the mentality of the far left regarding forcing their beliefs on others. In all honesty it's essentially the same thing.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that if you properly carry your weapon the only person that knows you have it is you. If you are carrying a weapon that shows or prints at anytime then you are actually no longer carrying concealed. Also, based off the sign, if you have a pocket knife then you are not welcome either. So this goes beyond just the right to carry a pistol concealed. At work I have seen people assaulted and/or killed by almost anything and everything you can think of so I realy don't agree with the "any dagerous weapon" statement.

As for the boycott...I would never buy from them again. I can respect their views and opinions. During the presidential elections, I RESPECT all of the canidates opinions and views but I don't vote for the candidate that has views that I don't AGREE with. By buying from anti-gun establishments you are supporting the same people that want to take your weapons from you no matter where you are.

Dave

Depending on which state this is in, it is possible that no law would be broken by a non compliant CCW holder.

In the State of Texas that does not qualify for legal prohibition IF I am not mistaken. The sign would need to be a 30.06 sign or the 51% sign denoting that gross sales of alcohol comprise over 51%. Otherwise his wishes do not supercede a licensed CCW from exercising that right in a public place.

EDIT: IF it is private property that is another story. However from all appearances, this is a store which means it is a public venue.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that if you properly carry your weapon the only person that knows you have it is you.
It's the fact of knowing they don't want weapons in there and bringing one in (whether they know it or not) that bothers me. Whether it's a legal loop hole regarding sign size or whether it's interpreted by the 2A that concealed carry trumps private property rules (which I don't believe has happened) I just think it's a dick move. They don't want them, don't bring them in...respect their wishes or find somewhere else to spend your money. And again, I don't agree with their view, I just agree with their right to have a view of their own.

Depending on which state this is in, it is possible that no law would be broken by a non compliant CCW holder.

In the State of Texas that does not qualify for legal prohibition IF I am not mistaken. The sign would need to be a 30.06 sign or the 51% sign denoting that gross sales of alcohol comprise over 51%. Otherwise his wishes do not supercede a licensed CCW from exercising that right in a public place.

EDIT: IF it is private property that is another story. However from all appearances, this is a store which means it is a public venue.
I'm not trying to argue legalities as everyone is either intentionally or unintentionally splitting hairs with my analogy and not addressing my point.

Here's what I feel is a better analogy. Say a shooting range allows every other caliber other then .45...for no good reason. The owner just hates .45 and doesn't want it on his range. If you want to shoot .45 or disagree simply go elsewhere, but where does someone get off saying "fuck his rules or wishes, I'm shooting .45 until he personally kicks me out or I'll do it".

Some places aren't pro gun, a lot of us are. Oil and water, different strokes for different folks...by trying to force your opinions and ignoring their wishes it's NO different then what fucks like pelosi and her band of misfits are doing. Just respect their opinions and if it bothers you that much don't go.

Last edited:
Sidewaysl80 - That is why later on I mentioned that I would never buy form their store. As a LEO I believe that their are certain places that should always have trained LEOs with loaded weapons.

-51% alcohol locations: anywhere you have alcohol you have the high possiblity for people to do bad things.
-Pawn shops: these stores are often the victim of quick robberies due to the money in the store and the easy to get merchandise
-Jewelry shops: these stores are also high on the list to be possible robbery victims because of the amount of money in the register and in the showcases
-Schools: no school should be a "gun free zone" because that just asks for issues
-Gas stations: .....
- And when LEOs are not present I am all for having responsible gun owners that are prepared to defend those who are in harms way, no matter where they are.

Anywhere that does not feel safe with the everyday citizen carrying a weapon in their establishment better show proof through armed security that it is a safe location. Signs like the one on Jared's door have more intentions than just to keep out legally armed citizens. The anti-gun crowd wants to create as many gun free zones as possible, because the more they create, the more possible gun crimes they create. This is common sense. If they promote gun free zones then they are asking to be robbed/assaulted, which will just help them say guns are bad so they can create more gun free zones. This will continue until we are no longer allowed to carry anywhere and I(and the rest of the LEOs) can only carry batons and OC spray.

Dave

So I am not saying that you should go in anyway. I am saying that you should not support their stores if you do not agree with their views.

It's the fact of knowing they don't want weapons in there and bringing one in (whether they know it or not) that bothers me. Whether it's a legal loop hole regarding sign size or whether it's interpreted by the 2A that concealed carry trumps private property rules (which I don't believe has happened) I just think it's a dick move. They don't want them, don't bring them in...respect their wishes or find somewhere else to spend your money. And again, I don't agree with their view, I just agree with their right to have a view of their own.

I'm not trying to argue legalities as everyone is either intentionally or unintentionally splitting hairs with my analogy and not addressing my point.

Here's what I feel is a better analogy. Say a shooting range allows every other caliber other then .45...for no good reason. The owner just hates .45 and doesn't want it on his range. If you want to shoot .45 or disagree simply go elsewhere, but where does someone get off saying "fuck his rules or wishes, I'm shooting .45 until he personally kicks me out or I'll do it".

Some places aren't pro gun, a lot of us are. Oil and water, different strokes for different folks...by trying to force your opinions and ignoring their wishes it's NO different then what fucks like pelosi and her band of misfits are doing. Just respect their opinions and if it bothers you that much don't go.

Actually it is not "splitting hairs" and directly addresses your point. However you fail to see that it is an impingement upon others Rights, specifically in a "public venue" of any form. We are afforded the Right to be secure in our persons among other things. Therefore IF it takes my legally owned and carried .40 . 45 or other then so be it, despite what another individuals personal animus happens to be.

If it is their house or private club, I would indeed respect that request or demand. However in public, IF he/she simply holds an objection to what is my legal Right, then sorry, I guess. The ladder goes both ways

I think you are right sidewaysil80. No sense forcing your hard earned money on people who don't want it. Legal or not.

On a lighter note...gives you one more chance to consider your intentions. If it had been me standing in front of that door the sign should read "Are you out of your #$c*(n@ mind?!?!?! Buy her a box of candy! It will probably still outlast the relationship and you're out a lot less money!!!"

Last edited:
Well I doubt thats the only jewelry store . Take youre money elsewhere. I like to think of it as voting with my dollars.
Nope it isn’t the only jewelry store so I did take my $$ elsewhere.
My deal is this, if they say they don't want it in their store that's fine, but don't tell me after I'm already there.
The last part of the sign was what added insult to injury. Not only do you not want me to carry a weapon into you store but now you are telling me after I get there that I cannot even have it in my vehicle. POUND SAND.

I actually called the store after I pulled out of the parking lot. I talked to the manager. I asked about why they had a problem with law abiding citizens "LEGALY" caring. He promptly informed me that "ALL" jewelry stores and "ALL" banks do not allow it either. I politely disagreed and informed him that I would never purchase anything for their place of business. I would also pass this info on to all my friends, the ones that carry and the ones that don’t.

I now give my future brother in law shit because "He went to Jared"

Please keep in mind diverdon that GA is not NY.
State & local laws trump any sign posted on a door.
All they can do is ask you to leave. Even if they call the cops, all they will do is ask you to do is move along (unless you are causing some type of public disturbance).

There are plenty of people that don't like guns that will continue to buy from Jareds. My hard earned money will support other businesses, Because I choose to patronize businesses that I'd like to see grow and prosper.

If my wife absolutely had to have the item from Jared's and my entire weekend of happiness depended on the purchase, I'd go in make my purchase, if someone came in and threatened my life while robbing the store...I'd try my best to handle the situation, then be on CNN as the guy that broke Jared's store rules and saved a bunch of rich yuppies...

I'd take my trespass charge in exchange for the ability to protect my life.

Nope it isn’t the only jewelry store so I did take my $$ elsewhere.

The last part of the sign was what added insult to injury. Not only do you not want me to carry a weapon into you store but now you are telling me after I get there that I cannot even have it in my vehicle. POUND SAND.

I actually called the store after I pulled out of the parking lot. I talked to the manager. I asked about why they had a problem with law abiding citizens "LEGALY" caring. He promptly informed me that "ALL" jewelry stores and "ALL" banks do not allow it either. I politely disagreed and informed him that I would never purchase anything for their place of business. I would also pass this info on to all my friends, the ones that carry and the ones that don’t.

I now give my future brother in law shit because "He went to Jared"

Is the store stand alone or is it in a commercial strip center where other businesses are present? If it's stand alone...is the place rented or is it outright owned? Unless it's outright owned, they have no right to tell you what you can do in the parking lot.

Well, It's a double edged sword...I want people to respect my right to own firearms and i have to respect their right to be against them. I personally wouldnt boycott an establishment but thats just me. I was absolutley furious when chic fil a was under fire and everyone was boycotting/protesting them...in good concious I couldnt turn around and do the same thing to another establishment just because I now disagree with their political view.

I'll bet you would run out and buy the latest Jane Fonda movie too, right. If you're not going to act on what YOU believe, do you really believe in it?

boycott them and I'll make sure they don't get a dime of my business too

That doesn't always work, if you have something very specific to buy, like say a particular Neil Lane engagement ring, no one else sells them.

in iowa, its a crime IF AND ONLY IF, they find out your carrying ask you to leave, and you refuse. then, it becomes trespassing. but, they have to ask you to leave first and you have to refuse first. otherwise no law is broken. 2nd amendment right trumps. either way, if thats how they feel, F em. my money spends just fine other places too. like helzbergs.

-Paulus

bottom line is that if you properly carry your weapon the only person that knows you have it is you. If you are carrying a weapon that shows or prints at anytime then you are actually no longer carrying concealed. Also, based off the sign, if you have a pocket knife then you are not welcome either. So this goes beyond just the right to carry a pistol concealed. At work i have seen people assaulted and/or killed by almost anything and everything you can think of so i realy don't agree with the "any dagerous weapon" statement.

As for the boycott...i would never buy from them again. I can respect their views and opinions. During the presidential elections, i respect all of the canidates opinions and views but i don't vote for the candidate that has views that i don't agree with. By buying from anti-gun establishments you are supporting the same people that want to take your weapons from you no matter where you are.

Dave

^^^^this^^^^^ +1

Bottom line is that if you properly carry your weapon the only person that knows you have it is you. If you are carrying a weapon that shows or prints at anytime then you are actually no longer carrying concealed. Also, based off the sign, if you have a pocket knife then you are not welcome either. So this goes beyond just the right to carry a pistol concealed. At work I have seen people assaulted and/or killed by almost anything and everything you can think of so I realy don't agree with the "any dagerous weapon" statement.

As for the boycott...I would never buy from them again. I can respect their views and opinions. During the presidential elections, I RESPECT all of the canidates opinions and views but I don't vote for the candidate that has views that I don't AGREE with. By buying from anti-gun establishments you are supporting the same people that want to take your weapons from you no matter where you are.

Dave

This pretty well sums it up for me.

I fully agree with their right to not want weapons in the store. At the same time, I refuse to support people who are part of the liberal gun control agenda.

Fuck Jared!

The only place I don't carry is where it is actually against the LAW: Courts, LE, schools, bars, etc. as outlined in the Florida statutes.

No "Merchant" is going to disarm me in order to endear himself to the antigun buttfuckery.